Apr 28 2013
By: HiTmAN_90 VP of Gaming 35382 posts
Online

My Settings is broken

11 replies 159 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

Ok when i go to My Settings first of all the Reset button doesnt work for me.

Second when i change my first and last name, and click save, it saves it but only until i log out. When i log back in it shows my old Settings!!!

 


Message 1 of 12 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/13/2004
Offline
23950 posts
 

Re: My Settings is broken

Apr 28, 2013

This information is derived from your PlayStation Network ID, as mentioned in your other thread no one can see that information other than yourself and members of the moderation team.

 

You can try editing your account information here: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

 

Thanks,

- DoubleOSpoon
Message 2 of 12 (152 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
38827 posts
 

Re: My Settings is broken

Apr 28, 2013

Agreed, your settings are no more 'broken' than mine of DOS's, whenever you look at your own profile you are viewing it as a 'guest' or as I would see it so to speak, not as yourself.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 12 (142 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
35382 posts
 

Re: My Settings is broken

Apr 28, 2013

I forgot to mention i did change it on that website. Maybe it will take a while to update? ps id website


Message 4 of 12 (140 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
35382 posts
 

Re: My Settings is broken

Apr 28, 2013

DoubleOSpoon wrote:

This information is derived from your PlayStation Network ID, as mentioned in your other thread no one can see that information other than yourself and members of the moderation team.

 

You can try editing your account information here: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

 

Thanks,


I edited my information there a couple hours ago and this website still switches to the old name back!!!!


Message 5 of 12 (136 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
35382 posts
 

Re: My Settings is broken

Apr 29, 2013

It still broken it does not match the name i have on my PSN ID


Message 6 of 12 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/19/2011
Offline
271 posts
 

Re: My Settings is broken

Apr 29, 2013
Yeah it's annoying. I can't get rid of my Location! This doesn't happen on the EU Forums, so why here?

The only solution is to NOT log out, you can close your browser, but you should be able to visit this site again without logging in, and your settings won't change.

Please Sony deal with this! It's unnecessary.
Message 7 of 12 (116 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
35382 posts
 

Re: My Settings is broken

Apr 29, 2013

mh637099 wrote:
Yeah it's annoying. I can't get rid of my Location! This doesn't happen on the EU Forums, so why here?

The only solution is to NOT log out, you can close your browser, but you should be able to visit this site again without logging in, and your settings won't change.

Please Sony deal with this! It's unnecessary.

Yes exactly i noticed that as well.

 

I believe they know about this problem and are trying to fix it


Message 8 of 12 (112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
Registered: 09/27/2010
Offline
6755 posts
 

Re: My Settings is broken

Apr 29, 2013

Hey all, 

 

yes this is a known issue. We're currently investigating ways this can be fixed. It has to do with the way the forum is pulling information from PSN.

 

traWnza

Message 9 of 12 (111 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/19/2011
Offline
271 posts
 

Re: My Settings is broken

Apr 30, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

Hey all, 

 

yes this is a known issue. We're currently investigating ways this can be fixed. It has to do with the way the forum is pulling information from PSN.

 

traWnza


Can you also check this email bug?

 

If anyone is having this email problem please comment below.

Message 10 of 12 (99 Views)
0 Likes