Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 31 2012
By: DaPikmin Monster Hunter 35 posts
Accepted Solution

My rank?

5 replies 154 views Edited Jul 31, 2012
Can someone tell me please... Exactly what are these ranks and how do they increase? I believe mines says Cannon Fodder, whatever that means.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28644 posts

Re: My rank?

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

DaPikmin wrote:
Can someone tell me please... Exactly what are these ranks and how do they increase? I believe mines says Cannon Fodder, whatever that means.

I think Cannon Fodder is the lowest rank in the ranking system, it's like "newbie", but they stopped using that term!

As for how does your rank change, a number of different factors influence your rank within the online community, most of them a secret known only to the Moderation Team & perhaps one or two others, however the best way to "rank up" within the community is to keep posting, basically be "active" within the Forums, also as your rank increases so your shield will alter too, more colored "dots" will be added as will different PlayStation symbols within that shield.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (150 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7294 posts

Aug 2, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

DaPikmin wrote:

I think Cannon Fodder is the lowest rank in the ranking system, it's like "newbie", but they stopped using that term!

As for how does your rank change, a number of different factors influence your rank within the online community, most of them a secret known only to the Moderation Team & perhaps one or two others, however the best way to "rank up" within the community is to keep posting, basically be "active" within the Forums, also as your rank increases so your shield will alter too, more colored "dots" will be added as will different PlayStation symbols within that shield.

If the forums are similar to how they were in Jive, then more posts increases your rank :smileywink: Only the mods know what all of the rank titles are, so you have to keep posting to find them all!

Your shield rank also increases as you get more posts in, but I believe getting the Correct Solution gives you some points, too :smileyhappy:

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23051 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Been registered 8 years, 23,000+ posts and I've no idea if I'm anywhere near the top rank? :smileyvery-happy:

If this was back in 2005/2006 I'd be able to tell you all the post counts, time registered and what ranks they were, but I'm clueless now :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4445 posts

Aug 3, 2012

The shield and the rank text are the same beast.  And it takes more than just a higher post count to move to a new rank. :smileywink:

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Ah. I assume the thing more than posts are this kudos thing hm? Just like Karma on the other forum I go to. Thanks for the replies though!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (106 Views)