Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Re: New home moderators?

Sep 6, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Does that mean I can bring back my old threads now? No.

Can we make this thread, our favorite moderator thread? And no lol.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (101 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Sep 6, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Camaron_Mexicano wrote:

What if the thread had some valuable informacion and all was lost

It happens every day on this forum. Entire game guides have been removed even though they didn't violate the ToS, while posts which do break the rules are often ignored.

This forum has some of the worst moderation I've ever seen, which is why it's so hard to believe it's regulated by Sony employees.

Actually I believe the opposite to be true, but you probably think I'm only saying that because I'm an MVP.

But seriously I do, the Moderation staff here do a great job of trying to keep things in check here, it's not an easy task & I almost wish some of the people that constantly complain about the Moderators here had the opportunity to do their job for a day to see exactly what it's like, some will still disagree because that's their way, but I truly think some will say 'wow, that was tough'.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4775 posts

Sep 6, 2013

I actually do think that some of the mods can be too quick to delete a thread without just removing offending posts or locking it. It would be nice to see a bit of effort to just remove the posts that are against the ToS, or lock if it was a necro-bump instead of deleting it altogether.

Not everyone who uses these forums knows the rules, and I find that often the necro bumps are from new users who have probably just searched through google.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (95 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7825 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Camaron_Mexicano wrote:

Hola!

I have noticed that during the past few dias some old threads that were bumped are being deleted instead of being locked now my question here is it fair to have threads deleted because someone replied to an ancient thread?

What if the thread had some valuable informacion and all was lost because someone was lazy enougth to not post some simple mensage like this

"***Since this thread has run its course,the thread will now be locked***"

Adios!

Are you sure that the entire topic was removed? Remember, if a person bumps a thread that died in 2008 and a Mod comes along and removed just that one post that bumped the thread, the thread will automatically fall back to it's place in 2008. Which can be hundreds or even thousands of pages buried on some boards of this forums. But the topic will still be available for all to view if you were to find it.

EdwCarnby wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Camaron_Mexicano wrote:

What if the thread had some valuable informacion and all was lost

It happens every day on this forum. Entire game guides have been removed even though they didn't violate the ToS, while posts which do break the rules are often ignored.

This forum has some of the worst moderation I've ever seen, which is why it's so hard to believe it's regulated by Sony employees.

I thought they outsourced. It used to be Sitel but is another company now right?

Sitel? No. These forums have never outsourced to Sitel. The Moderation used to be outsource to Lithium up until 2009/2010 when the forum software was switched to Jive. At this point the forums Moderation was handled in house, by Sony, and has remained as such even after moving back to the Lithium software.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (80 Views)
0 Likes