Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Re: No more Red names.....???

Oct 25, 2013

I knew this change was coming a couple months ago, so I'm happy to finally see the new look - pretty nice!

The previous red coloring was an issue; Moderators, Community Managers, Developers and MVPs all used it. Yikes! The PlayStation team wanted to better indicate roles and responsibilities here on the forums to all users. With PS4 right around the corner, it's time things evolve.

The purpose is to help users identify first- and third-party developers, community managers and moderators. Not so MVPs stand out less, or more, but they will keep unique ranks and forum icons so users can identify them.

Over the years, some liked the rank colors and some disliked them. The PlayStation team took the feedback from the community (and MVPs) and felt this is the right direction. Personally, I think their new ranks are pretty nice! Community Managers blend in with the forums while Moderators stand out (and look important). MVPs being apart of the community now fit in with fellow members. Etc.

Anywho-

Might be time to send off a reminder that I retired a few months ago. Nice rank, but it's not where I belong anymore. Heart

Message 21 of 37 (189 Views)
MVP Support
1116 posts

Oct 25, 2013

It's a nice forum rank. I'm glad I don't have see RED on my PSN ID anymore. LOL. Smiley Very Happy 

MVP Support Banner.jpg

Message 22 of 37 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Oct 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

I'm with Soulycon on this one ne1, the red, or actually whatever color stood out on the Forums, now the MVP's all look the same as every other user, whilst I like the icon/badge I dislike very much the lack of color, actually scrub the color thing, how about just making us bold, we need to stand out.

No you don't.

The MVP program is about helping the community, not feeling special.

You're all regular forum members like everyone else--you just filled out a form.

Thanks to the admin who was sensible enough to implement this change.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 23 of 37 (177 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38837 posts

Oct 25, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

I'm with Soulycon on this one ne1, the red, or actually whatever color stood out on the Forums, now the MVP's all look the same as every other user, whilst I like the icon/badge I dislike very much the lack of color, actually scrub the color thing, how about just making us bold, we need to stand out.

No you don't. I disagree.

The MVP program is about helping the community, not feeling special. Indeed, oh & I never said anything about 'feeling special'.

You're all regular forum members like everyone else--you just filled out a form. Indeed!

Thanks to the admin who was sensible enough to implement this change. Again i respectfully disagree.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 24 of 37 (165 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38837 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Sophronia wrote:

I knew this change was coming a couple months ago, so I'm happy to finally see the new look - pretty nice!

The previous red coloring was an issue; Moderators, Community Managers, Developers and MVPs all used it. Yikes! The PlayStation team wanted to better indicate roles and responsibilities here on the forums to all users. With PS4 right around the corner, it's time things evolve.

The purpose is to help users identify first- and third-party developers, community managers and moderators. Not so MVPs stand out less, or more, but they will keep unique ranks and forum icons so users can identify them.

Over the years, some liked the rank colors and some disliked them. The PlayStation team took the feedback from the community (and MVPs) and felt this is the right direction. Personally, I think their new ranks are pretty nice! Community Managers blend in with the forums while Moderators stand out (and look important). MVPs being apart of the community now fit in with fellow members. Etc.

Anywho-

Might be time to send off a reminder that I retired a few months ago. Nice rank, but it's not where I belong anymore. Heart

Sorry but isn't the Community about the Community, Dev's, Third party Dev's, Mod's & even Managers make up a very small part of what you see daily, although they are an integrate part of it the regular users of any Community is what makes the Community, not the people you listed.

Also go look at any 'main' Forum page, there's no icon or rank to be seen!

BRIT-KO

Message 25 of 37 (163 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

Do you know that we can use the word "Gray" as MVP's Color fond? because look AT THE FREAKING MVP ICON? the background is almost Gray and have a PSN-style platium thophy that is blue

so why not use that?

OH WAIT PEOPLES JUST GOING TO IGNORE MY POST Smiley Sad

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 26 of 37 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Oct 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

The MVP program is about helping the community, not feeling special. Indeed, oh & I never said anything about 'feeling special'.

BRIT-KO

Souly does (in fact she did mention "I don't feel like a MVP anymore" and you agreed with that)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 27 of 37 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

I'm with Soulycon on this one ne1, the red, or actually whatever color stood out on the Forums, now the MVP's all look the same as every other user

But...you guys are the same as every other user. Maybe that was the point in this change? Even as a veteran for a good 4 years, having red as the same color for community managers, moderators, and MVPs was confusing as hell, even if they were diferent shades of red. Red doesn't make you an MVP, you yourself have proven yourself to be an MVP. 

This reminds me of the whole Home Guide icon argument. You don't need a icon item to be able to help people. If you wanna help someone you can do it, you don't need a color or an icon to do a good deed or service.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 28 of 37 (139 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Oct 25, 2013

I'm torn on the changes. I'm very happy to finally see the red icon disappear. Been trying to get rid of that thing since it was introduced back in late '09. I also like the removal all the red names. The differentiation between all the different rolls on the forums is a welcome sight. However, I don't like the complete removal of color from the MVPs.

It is unfortunate that I must make this part of my stance clear, but given what I've been reading it would seem that it is needed. This change in no way effect my operation on the forums. As long as I can read, reply, and navigate effectively and efficiently on the forums then all the rest is a matter of esthetics.

That being said, I have come to really like having color associated with my username. Heck, if I could have it my way the MVPs would be able to choose their own custom rank title and color like we did back when I joined the program. But then I've already been told that this privilege is not coming back. Since I can't have a custom color then I'd really like to see a unified MVP color come back, just something different then all the Sony officials. A medium Grey to match the new icon would work well.

I'm also not a fan of the removal of the colors for the special ranks. The color was a lovely thing to see on the forums, and I've always felt that it was a nice incentive for members to participate in contests, events, and general community interaction.

StardustChampion wrote:

You're all regular forum members like everyone else--you just filled out a form.

Yes we're all regular members like the rest of the community, but not all of us filled out a form. A good portion of the MVPs, myself included, were part of the program before there was an application process. Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 37 (127 Views)
MVP Support
38837 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

al2009man wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

Souly does (in fact she did mention "I don't feel like a MVP anymore" and you agreed with that)

Souly NEVER mentioned the word 'special' either, stop putting words into people's mouths that aren't there!

BRIT-KO

Message 30 of 37 (107 Views)