MVP Support
38791 posts

Re: No more Red names.....???

Oct 25, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

I'm with Soulycon on this one ne1, the red, or actually whatever color stood out on the Forums, now the MVP's all look the same as every other user

But...you guys are the same as every other user. Maybe that was the point in this change? Even as a veteran for a good 4 years, having red as the same color for community managers, moderators, and MVPs was confusing as hell, even if they were diferent shades of red. Red doesn't make you an MVP, you yourself have proven yourself to be an MVP. 

This isn't about the color KCC, if you'd read the posts here & in PS General you'd know that, you are also not aware of the full story & reasons behind this change.

This reminds me of the whole Home Guide icon argument. You don't need a icon item to be able to help people. If you wanna help someone you can do it, you don't need a color or an icon to do a good deed or service.

So you don't think Guides need a Guide emblem over their heads to help identify then as Guides, really?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 31 of 37 (168 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13579 posts

Oct 25, 2013

The way I'm reading the posts here there are two ways of looking at the issue:

1. The bold red/yellow/orange/whatever color are for the individual so that they feel special and prestigeous.

2. The color is to identify the individual to the rest of the community.

My thoughts are if you want prestige, go play Black Ops 2.

I think it's fairly clear that any public forum needs some kind of "management" team simply due to basic human nature.  We need some kind of leadership in order to avoid decending into chaos.  Maybe a bit extreme way of looking at it, but to me it fits.

I recall having a few run-ins with some posters, and to me, when an MVP/Moderator/whatever stepped in with a cautionary post I thought to myself "oh-oh, this is getting out of hand and someone in the management team has stepped in as a referee, better cool it".  I took note because the person stood out, clearly identified as someone with a bit more authority.

The average user needs to clearly see that there is a team of people who have a bit more information than the average user, who are not trolls, who have additional resources should a difficult issue arise, and/or who can refer questions further up the chain.

It is human nature as well for the eye to be quickly attracted by something that stands out, the best example being color.  I used to look at the list of threads in a forum and if I saw a red bold ID as the last poster I was fairly certain whatever question had been asked was now answered.  

Now I have no idea.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 32 of 37 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Let me explain something without looking like an idiot.

Firstly, I said that "No, just call us regular forum members with a trophy icon."

Meaning the color was meaningless, it just stood out. 

Now let's use Tempest_Fire into the mix. Now what if Tempest_Fire had the regular forum members color? A new user arrives and want to ask Tempest_Fire a question but doesn't want to make a thread about it, the user clicks on every user until they find Tempest_Fire. So yes the color is meaningless to an extent.  

Secondly, I said (I don't feel like an MVP anymore.)  

Let's go back to the top were I said No, just call us "regular forum members."

I'm saying MVP's are and always will be regular forum members.

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 33 of 37 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36031 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Moderators should be the only ones with red names.  Excellent change.

Message 34 of 37 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13183 posts

Oct 26, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

al2009man wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

I'm with Soulycon on this one ne1, the red, or actually whatever color stood out on the Forums, now the MVP's all look the same as every other user, whilst I like the icon/badge I dislike very much the lack of color, actually scrub the color thing, how about just making us bold, we need to stand out.

The MVP program is about helping the community, not feeling special. Indeed, oh & I never said anything about 'feeling special'.

BRIT-KO

Souly does (in fact she did mention "I don't feel like a MVP anymore" and you agreed with that)

Souly NEVER mentioned the word 'special' either, stop putting words into people's mouths that aren't there!

BRIT-KO

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Forums-Support/No-more-Red-names/m-p/41920451/hig...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 35 of 37 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38791 posts

Oct 27, 2013

al2009man wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

al2009man wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

I'm with Soulycon on this one ne1, the red, or actually whatever color stood out on the Forums, now the MVP's all look the same as every other user, whilst I like the icon/badge I dislike very much the lack of color, actually scrub the color thing, how about just making us bold, we need to stand out.

The MVP program is about helping the community, not feeling special. Indeed, oh & I never said anything about 'feeling special'.

BRIT-KO

Souly does (in fact she did mention "I don't feel like a MVP anymore" and you agreed with that)

Souly NEVER mentioned the word 'special' either, stop putting words into people's mouths that aren't there!

BRIT-KO

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Forums-Support/No-more-Red-names/m-p/41920451/hig...

And?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 36 of 37 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Oct 28, 2013

Yeah, It's unfortunate that we don't have our -Color Symbols- anymore, But it's something i can get use to.

Welcome PlayStation4.tif

Who are the MVPs?/MVPs Terms and Conditions

PSN Contact Support

Message 37 of 37 (89 Views)
0 Likes