Mar 06 2013
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager 2875 posts

Official PlayStation Forum Update Feedback Thread

[ Edited ]
354 replies 1360 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

PS_CommunityForum_AppLogo1.pngWe're excited to introduce some nice changes to the PlayStation Community Forums as announced here, and would love to hear your feedback. 

Simply reply in this thread with your comments. 

Message 1 of 355 (1,360 Views)
MVP Support
5238 posts

Re: Official PlayStation Forum Update Feedback Thread

Mar 6, 2013

I like the system-specific subforums.  It will probably be cluttered without them :smileyindifferent:

Message 2 of 355 (1,344 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I like the change looks nice and clean.

I see the OT section will be broke off from the main forums.

I wonder what that will lead to... 

When the update occurs how long will downtime be from the forums?

Message 3 of 355 (1,334 Views)
PlayStation MVP
50128 posts

Mar 6, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

I like the system-specific subforums.  It will probably be cluttered without them :smileyindifferent:

From what I've read when you click on games all the current game subforms will show up, so instead of games a-d, warhawk, ect we will just have one tab, games, on the main page to click then all the subsections they keep will show up.  

I like the new look better than the current setup.    The current setup is just too spread out in my opinion.  I have no personal problems with the current way, i just open every single subforum i'm interested in, then mark all posts as read on the left, then I go and start opening threads in each subsection I find interest in from their titles.  

Message 4 of 355 (1,326 Views)
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

RE: PlayStation Community Forums Update!

Mar 6, 2013

I read point three (see below) to mean that you will be doing away with separate general forums for each platform (PS3, PS Vita etc) and will be combining them into one single forum.

"3. All general PlayStation sub-forums are being consolidated into one single, epic discussion area where you can chat about anything and everything related to PlayStation.".

If that is indeed the case, I think this is an exceedingly bad idea as I'm only interested in reading the threads for one platform at a time.  Also, unless you go to the trouble of mentioning the platform in the thread's title, you are not going to know what platform the thread relates to until you open the thread, e.g.. may be for a PS4 game, which isn't available on the PS3.

In my opinion the forum is nicely organized as it is and it will be a big retrograde step if you proceed with this change (assuming my assessment is correct).

P.S. Please post a screenshot of how the thread lists will look,

Message 5 of 355 (1,321 Views)
MVP Support
18752 posts

Re: RE: PlayStation Community Forums Update!

Mar 6, 2013

If it isn't broken don't fix it.

Right now all I care about is the fact that the dark theme will now be dark blue-to-black gradient. What is wrong with the outstanding tones of dark gray theme we currently have?  I hope the background for post and threads is not white. Why of why do you people like to make me come up with custom CSS. I thought those days were gone with the demise of jive.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 6 of 355 (1,314 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Re: Playstation Forums Update.

Mar 6, 2013
Ok I know my iPad don't have a editing tool bar because this forum took a away. Would they put a editing tool bar fit for mobile device ?
Message 7 of 355 (1,319 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33214 posts

Mar 6, 2013

well this looks interesting... i like it.

this is pretty much just a cosmetic and functionality update to the current forum, yes?

also, could you guys see if you can create a gray forum skin for that? im so used to the default dark gray layout of this current forum, i dont think i can change to blue or white. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 8 of 355 (1,316 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Mar 6, 2013
One question, will it work on mobile devices? Any screen shots for those?
They look great by the way, very clean and simple.
Message 9 of 355 (1,308 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5238 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

From what I've read when you click on games all the current game subforms will show up, so instead of games a-d, warhawk, ect we will just have one tab, games, on the main page to click then all the subsections they keep will show up.  

I like the new look better than the current setup.    The current setup is just too spread out in my opinion.  I have no personal problems with the current way, i just open every single subforum i'm interested in, then mark all posts as read on the left, then I go and start opening threads in each subsection I find interest in from their titles.  

It's not the games I'm concerned about; I hardly ever look at specific games and it says it will be similar.  But the post says , "All general PlayStation sub-forums are being consolidated into one single, epic discussion area where you can chat about anything and everything related to PlayStation."  This suggests that all systems and even PSN and PSHome subforums would be in just one section.  For me, that's 6 out of the15 forums I've floated, plus others I don't look at (including Home, which is very active).  Hopefully this isn't an accurate assessment because that would be way too much content for me to sort through.

Kudos for that because I feel the same way and do the same thing :smileytongue:.

Message 10 of 355 (1,293 Views)