Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 22 2013
By: Eryslai First Son 25 posts
Accepted Solution

Personal Information - Will Not Update

10 replies 226 views Edited Aug 22, 2013

Hello all,

I've been attempting to update my personal information through "My Settings" over the past few weeks. However, after every edit, upon logout and login, the entries revert back to the previous, outdated information. It's rather... annoying. 

Has anyone else encountered this issue? And, if so, have you found a workaround to get it to function properly?

I currently use Google Chrome as a browser, and I've tried using IE to update it as well. Sadly, I receive the same result.

My personal information (name, etc.) is updated in my main account (on PS3 PSN), so it's not pulling the old data from there.

Any ideas?

Salute! 

"There's a time for strategy, and there's a time for kicking the door down." [D. Valentine]
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18535 posts

Re: Personal Information - Will Not Update

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2013

Eryslai wrote:

Hello all,

I've been attempting to update my personal information through "My Settings" over the past few weeks. However, after every edit, upon logout and login, the entries revert back to the previous, outdated information. It's rather... annoying. 

Has anyone else encountered this issue? And, if so, have you found a workaround to get it to function properly?

I currently use Google Chrome as a browser, and I've tried using IE to update it as well. Sadly, I receive the same result.

My personal information (name, etc.) is updated in my main account (on PS3 PSN), so it's not pulling the old data from there.

Any ideas?

Salute! 

That's how it is done. The forum software pulls your data from the SEN servers thus editing your personal info on the forum must be done by way of your SEN profile. [via web or from the PS3]

SEN/PSN account web interface:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

Now, it does take a couple of days for the data to sync in. When I updated my email, it took about 2 days for the change to be reflected on the forums. I also recommend, throughout this time, to sign in and out of the forums. Try clearing your browser cookies and cache as well.

Moreover, do know that your name and email are by default only visible by you, nobody else out-of or in the community can see them.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (214 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

Eryslai wrote:

Hello all,

Any ideas?

Salute! 

That's how it is done. The forum software pulls your data from the SEN servers thus editing your personal info on the forum must be done by way of your SEN profile. [via web or from the PS3]

Now, it does take a couple of days for the data to sync in. When I updated my email, it took about 2 days for the change to be reflected on the forums. I also recommend, throughout this time, to sign in and out of the forums. Try clearing your browser cookies and cache as well.

Moreover, do know that your name and email are by default only visible by you, nobody else out-of or in the community can see them.

I'm not quite sure why this has been marked as solved, when it clearly is not. 

Did you not fully read my post, Xuchilbara? For the past FEW WEEKS, not hours or days... the information fails to update. And, I'm not talking just the name on the account, hence the "etc." The information it is pulling is years dated, nor does that information exist ANYWHERE on the account. 

Ieesh, these forums are **bleep**-poor... from the sarcastic posts I read, to the assistance of the community. **facepalm**

I've been a SONY loyalist for many years, I guess I simply assumed you'd all be of a higher standard here. 

Oh well.

Salute! 

"There's a time for strategy, and there's a time for kicking the door down." [D. Valentine]
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18535 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Eryslai wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Eryslai wrote:

Hello all,

Any ideas?

Salute! 

I'm not quite sure why this has been marked as solved, when it clearly is not

Did you not fully read my post, Xuchilbara? For the past FEW WEEKS, not hours or days... the information fails to update. And, I'm not talking just the name on the account, hence the "etc." The information it is pulling is years dated, nor does that information exist ANYWHERE on the account

Ieesh, these forums are **bleep**-poor... from the sarcastic posts I read, to the assistance of the community. **facepalm**

I've been a SONY loyalist for many years, I guess I simply assumed you'd all be of a higher standard here. 

Oh well.

Salute! 

You must have clicked on the Mark As Solution button. To remove the mark, go to the top right hand corner of the marked post, click on option and then click on Not the Solution.

If I had not read your post, if I had felt that my reply was going to be a waste of time for you and I then, I would have not bothered to reply.  In your post you are talking about updating via the forum. I'm letting you know that the right way to update your information on the community forums is by way of your SEN account information and not directly on the forum. Then I proceeded to share, from my own personal experience, that the sync process should take around 2 days or so; moreover, to clean your browser's cookies and cache.

Good luck with the book.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

Eryslai wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Eryslai wrote:

Hello all,

Any ideas?

Salute! 

Did you not fully read my post, Xuchilbara? For the past FEW WEEKS, not hours or days... the information fails to update. And, I'm not talking just the name on the account, hence the "etc." The information it is pulling is years dated, nor does that information exist ANYWHERE on the account

Oh well.

Salute! 

You must have clicked on the Mark As Solution button. To remove the mark, go to the top right hand corner of the marked post, click on option and then click on Not the Solution.

If I had not read your post, if I had felt that my reply was going to be a waste of time for you and I then, I would have not bothered to reply.  In your post you are talking about updating via the forum. I'm letting you know that the right way to update your information on the community forums is by way of your SEN account information and not directly on the forum. Then I proceeded to share, from my own personal experience, that the sync process should take around 2 days or so; moreover, to clean your browser's cookies and cache.

Good luck with the book.

Xuchilbara,

I may have come across a bit harsh toward you; however, I was unaware of the degree of aid you were fully attempting to put forth. It merely sounded as if you were regurgitating what I had previously stated. 

A good few of the MVPs on here seem to reply for the sake of replying, not so much to assist, but to  "up" their count.... so I've taken notice of. If that was not you, then I shall leave it be. It's good to see you're not all alike. 

As for the information update, as I had said... the SEN/PSN/PS3 is fully updated (all account information). The catch on the PS3, and both PCs have been cleared numerous times over the course of a few weeks. I've logged in/out various times. When you stated  it took "about 2 days," that's what baffled me, it's been far longer than that. 

I found that a few other individuals on the forum are experincing the same issue. I've shot them a personal messages, in hopes that they've found a resolution. 

Salute! 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18535 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Eryslai wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Eryslai wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Eryslai wrote:

Hello all,

Any ideas?

Salute! 

Oh well.

Salute! 

Good luck with the book.

Xuchilbara,

I may have come across a bit harsh toward you; however, I was unaware of the degree of aid you were fully attempting to put forth. It merely sounded as if you were regurgitating what I had previously stated. 

A good few of the MVPs on here seem to reply for the sake of replying, not so much to assist, but to  "up" their count.... so I've taken notice of. If that was not you, then I shall leave it be. It's good to see you're not all alike. 

As for the information update, as I had said... the SEN/PSN/PS3 is fully updated (all account information). The catch on the PS3, and both PCs have been cleared numerous times over the course of a few weeks. I've logged in/out various times. When you stated  it took "about 2 days," that's what baffled me, it's been far longer than that. 

I found that a few other individuals on the forum are experincing the same issue. I've shot them a personal messages, in hopes that they've found a resolution. 

Salute! 

I already have forwarded this thread to someone who might be able to further assist you.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11134 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2013

I’m somewhat familiar with this issue although I do not know what causes it. The PlayStation Community Forums usually pull information from your PlayStation Network Account and display it here for you but for some people the information that is displayed here doesn’t match what is on their PlayStation Network Accounts. If you would like a moderator to look into this for you then feel free to contact PSForumMods.

Some of the information that you try to change here in "My Settings" will simply not save for any great length of time.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Aug 23, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I’m somewhat familiar with this issue although I do not know what causes it. The PlayStation Community Forums usually pull information from your PlayStation Network Account and display it here for you but for some people the information that is displayed here doesn’t match what is on their PlayStation Network Accounts. If you would like a moderator to look into this for you then feel free to contact PSForumMods.

Some of the information that you try to change here in "My Settings" will simply not save for any great length of time.

Hello SweetPoison13,

Yes, that I do know. However, I too am bewildered as to why it refuses to bring itself up to date... even after attempting all the tactics specified in my previous post.

As for the forum moderators, I previously reached out to them and received the following:

"Hey there,

This is a known bug in the forum that's currently being looked at by our engineers. Sorry for the inconvenience. Basically, since you sign in with PSN, the forum tries to pull your PSN information... but it doesn't work all of the time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

PSFM"

[PSForumMods]

Now, that was nearly a month ago mind you. I spoke with an associate of mine, a CSR of SEN, and they offered to escalate the issue. Yet, being that it's not "game-breaking" by any means, I insisted that I'd attempt to post here and find a solution first.

As I mentioned in my previous response, I contacted a few others on here that had a similar issue. Hopefully, they've discovered a workaround.

Hmm... Could a system deactivate/activate fix the issue? The system should then be renewed, correct? Would doing so wipe my trophies or cause any other harm?

Just an idea that cropped up as of a moment ago.

Salute! 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (158 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
6715 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Hi Eryslai, 

This issue doesn't have any effect on any game play at all... and only displays to you and mods (not other users) in the forum. This is not a game-breaker or a forum-breaker. So it's a pretty low priority fix at the moment. 

I can bring it up again, but there are other things that are higher priority that they are working on TBH.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience

traWnza

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18535 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Eryslai wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Hmm... Could a system deactivate/activate fix the issue? The system should then be renewed, correct? Would doing so wipe my trophies or cause any other harm?

Just an idea that cropped up as of a moment ago.

Salute! 

Deactivating the PS3 will not delete your account nor any information related to it [e.g. personal information, trophies, PS+ status] the only change that it will make is bring the number of associated PS3 systems down by 1.

I don't see how this would fix the issue but it doesn't hurt to try. Let us know how it goes.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (140 Views)
0 Likes