Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 30 2013
By: myalana Ghost of Sparta 7724 posts
Accepted Solution

Polls let me vote more than once.

[ Edited ]
11 replies 460 views Edited Mar 30, 2013

I do appreciate the fact that the polls let me change my choice quite often, but still I wonder why. If the results aren't what somebody wanted, are certain votes dismissed? I'll use the opportunity to skew the vote as I see fit being that I've already seen the front runner. Thanks.

Message 1 of 12 (460 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Re: Polls let me vote more than once.

Mar 30, 2013

lol Mya :smileyvery-happy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 12 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Sorry, these polls are (and should be) meaningless. On average, these polls accumulate roughly 20, at best, users. Such a small percentage of users (barring "Confidence Level" and "Standard Deviation"), this is far too small to be even be remotely accurate of the Community that USES HOME (the percentage of Home users that make their way to the Forums is infinitesimal).

They're amusing, at best, but bear no confident data to be considered at the official level. 

Message 3 of 12 (438 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7724 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Grand_Moff wrote:

Sorry, these polls are (and should be) meaningless. On average, these polls accumulate roughly 20, at best, users. Such a small percentage of users (barring "Confidence Level" and "Standard Deviation"), this is far too small to be even be remotely accurate of the Community that USES HOME (the percentage of Home users that make their way to the Forums is infinitesimal).

They're amusing, at best, but bear no confident data to be considered at the official level. 

So you're saying it's our token "communication" and plea for meaningless feedback from the staff? Why I thought we were changing the face of Home with these polls asking how much we loved the newest incarnation of LMO motorcycles or slightly different take on a zombie dance. Now I'm disheartened.  :smileysad:

Message 4 of 12 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

Mar 30, 2013

myalana wrote:

Grand_Moff wrote:

So you're saying it's our token "communication" and plea for meaningless feedback from the staff? Why I thought we were changing the face of Home with these polls asking how much we loved the newest incarnation of LMO motorcycles or slightly different take on a zombie dance. Now I'm disheartened:smileysad:

I find it hard to believe someone with such a healthy dose of sarcasm would be so easily disheartened, but it made me laugh. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 12 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7724 posts

Mar 30, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

myalana wrote:

Grand_Moff wrote:

So you're saying it's our token "communication" and plea for meaningless feedback from the staff? Why I thought we were changing the face of Home with these polls asking how much we loved the newest incarnation of LMO motorcycles or slightly different take on a zombie dance. Now I'm disheartened:smileysad:

I find it hard to believe someone with such a healthy dose of sarcasm would be so easily disheartened, but it made me laugh. :smileyvery-happy:

Wait were you being sarcastic? :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 12 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4019 posts

Mar 30, 2013

myalana wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

myalana wrote:

Grand_Moff wrote:

Wait were you being sarcastic? :smileyhappy:

Nope! I was being "complementary". 

Message 7 of 12 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4468 posts

Mar 30, 2013

If they really wanted feedback, they would make a poll within Home itself. But they won't do that. The only polls that get the most feedback on here is when it's a huge core update or a forums update.

YB

Message 8 of 12 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1721 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Grand_Moff wrote:

I dont understand why they dont conduct polls inside Home itself.

Message 9 of 12 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
190 posts

Mar 31, 2013

lololz!!!

i juz voted thrice!!!!

bless!!
Message 10 of 12 (103 Views)