Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 17 2013
By: johngie PlayStation MVP 10920 posts

Posts and threads just disappeared

14 replies 126 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

Pretty much the title. A number of posts and a thread I made over the past few hours are gone. I don't believe any of them violated any rules (there are a numbe which I absolutely know for sure did not).

Explanation please?

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4397 posts

Re: Posts and threads just disappeared

Apr 17, 2013

Posts can be deleted if Moderation deletes a thread or if the post is off-topic, but not breaking a rule also.

Threads can get deleted, merged with other threads, and locked.

Do you remember what the topic was of the thread? And where you posted at in the threads?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Did you check your posting history to see if they were still there and just moved or actually deleted?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (118 Views)
VP of Gaming
28434 posts

Apr 17, 2013

johngie wrote:

Pretty much the title. A number of posts and a thread I made over the past few hours are gone. I don't believe any of them violated any rules (there are a numbe which I absolutely know for sure did not).

Explanation please?

Hey johngie,

I had some disappear yesterday, ones which I KNEW I made, not Threads just posts in response to others, but I found them eventually.

What had happened was some Threads (like the bombing ones of the last two days or so) were merged or moved, when that happens the posts get 'jumbled up' somewhat, also I have seen some Threads moved incorrectly by some of the newer Moderators, just wondered if you thought this was what may have happend to yours too?

What happens when you go to your profile & view your posts & you click on the Thread title, is it not in the list of does an error message appear?

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (117 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Yeah I've seen some of the newer mods move threads to some funky places. Growing pains I guess. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10920 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Thanks for the responses. My one thread that disappeared may or may not have toed the "blacklisting" line (I try and stay away from that stuff), but beyond that, all of my posts from the 16th seem to be gone. They aren't part of my post history anymore, and there are none in my kudos given/received lists. I would draw your attention to the last page of the Screenshot Game thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Screenshot-Game/td-p/39305719/page/64

As you can see, I'm quoted by Horror, but said post is gone. My post there, along with all others from the 16th, have vanished. If this was an issue of rule-breaking, then apparently I'm not supposed to partake in forum games -_-
R.I.P. Off-Topic
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47310 posts

Apr 17, 2013

johngie wrote:

Explanation please?

Did you get any warning messages in your inbox?  If not you didn't do anything "wrong" so don't be too worried.

I've had a few of my threads/posts just vanish with no apparant reason in the past.  

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (105 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 17, 2013

johngie wrote:
Thanks for the responses. My one thread that disappeared may or may not have toed the "blacklisting" line (I try and stay away from that stuff), but beyond that, all of my posts from the 16th seem to be gone. They aren't part of my post history anymore, and there are none in my kudos given/received lists. I would draw your attention to the last page of the Screenshot Game thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Screenshot-Game/td-p/39305719/page/64

As you can see, I'm quoted by Horror, but said post is gone. My post there, along with all others from the 16th, have vanished. If this was an issue of rule-breaking, then apparently I'm not supposed to partake in forum games -_-

Short answer.... NO:smileyvery-happy:

In all seriousness though, that is strange.  Maybe someone you interacted with got scrubbed, and your Posts as well from the resultant spat.  Sis you have any arguments with anyone in particular?

I have had some Posts removed, because someone took exception to something I said.  Their response was rude, and borderline, so the Mods had the entire interaction removed just to be "fair" or wipe the notion of the interaction away.

Just an idea though.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10920 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Ya, no warnings or anything, but I did message a mod to see if they know anything. Still waiting on a response.

The thought of accidentally being included in a mass post genocide occured to me, and I took a look at any "common denominators" throughout my posts, as well as arguments, but there's nadda. Zip. Nilch. Nuthin.

I'm mean, I'm 3 thousand posts into my stay here, and I've never seen or heard anything like losing a days worth of posts, across around half a dozen subforums. I'm just finding it very odd.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 17, 2013

johngie wrote:
Ya, no warnings or anything, but I did message a mod to see if they know anything. Still waiting on a response.

The thought of accidentally being included in a mass post genocide occured to me, and I took a look at any "common denominators" throughout my posts, as well as arguments, but there's nadda. Zip. Nilch. Nuthin.

I'm mean, I'm 3 thousand posts into my stay here, and I've never seen or heard anything like losing a days worth of posts, across around half a dozen subforums. I'm just finding it very odd.

That does suck.  Now I am scared.

Not that Post Count is that important to me :smileywink:, but the effort alone is often the worst part of a removed Post.

I would not be worried if a few one liners were removed, but as some of you might already know, I am not much for the one liners.  I put some effort into my posts, taking time and finger effort to put them in.

It would be horrible if all that time is wasted, for a glitch especially.  I hope you get them back johngie, or at least get a decent answer.

Best of luck to you.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (92 Views)
0 Likes