PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Re: Proper way to quote?

Apr 20, 2013

Yeah I noticed It automatically puts it at the bottom.

Looks like I was looking alil to much into detail.

Cool so now I know... I mean sometimes I see people write up and then most would write below....

Ill stick to the default way... 

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (534 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

Apr 20, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Speedy24xmax wrote:

See at the top it is in line with the comment

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Or like this?....

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Ok So how is the technical proper way of quoting?

Do I quote and write above? 

Or do I quote and write below.?

Ill show you what I mean....

Looks like you have your own little Thread/conversation going on here Speedy lol :smileywink:.

Personally I always place quote above then write my response below, whether that is correct or not I do not know.

I actaully wish more people would use the quote option, it is soooo hard to follow convsersation sometimes when people don't.

BRIT-KO

I reply below the quote as well.  One thing I miss from the old forums is that it would always say "in response to..." when you replied to a specific post, and you could click that to see it.  It was much clearer that way and you wouldn't always need to quote, if it seemed redundant.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (529 Views)
Welcoming Committee
32597 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Yes, but this gets really weird when people quote above you.

I think the reason people do this is because emails quote above, which is pretty hard to read.

JERM7 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Speedy24xmax wrote:

See at the top it is in line with the comment

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Or like this?....

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Ok So how is the technical proper way of quoting?

Do I quote and write above? 

Or do I quote and write below.?

Ill show you what I mean....

Looks like you have your own little Thread/conversation going on here Speedy lol :smileywink:.

Personally I always place quote above then write my response below, whether that is correct or not I do not know.

I actaully wish more people would use the quote option, it is soooo hard to follow convsersation sometimes when people don't.

BRIT-KO

I reply below the quote as well.  One thing I miss from the old forums is that it would always say "in response to..." when you replied to a specific post, and you could click that to see it.  It was much clearer that way and you wouldn't always need to quote, if it seemed redundant.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (519 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13692 posts

Apr 22, 2013

It makes more sense to reply after the quote. Or during it, like DrGadet pointed out, if you want to tear their post apart one line at a time.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (508 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27634 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

It makes more sense to reply after the quote. Or during it, like DrGadet pointed out, if you want to tear their post apart one line at a time.

If someone has asked say 4 questions like this, then I'll respond after each question in the MIDDLE of the quote, I think it makes it easier for the OP or the perosn I'm respnding to to see my responses after each of their questions rathert han searching through 2/3 sentences/paragraphs for the answers they want.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7426 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I generally quote then respond.  Unless it is a series of questions I will interject after each question. I have never responded then quoted I don't think.  It's situational and I respond depending on the post and the affect I am trying to have.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (499 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4250 posts

Apr 22, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I generally quote then respond.  Unless it is a series of questions I will interject after each question. I have never responded then quoted I don't think.  It's situational and I respond depending on the post and the affect I am trying to have.

I quote then post, to keep context/flow... but in PMs I often post, then quote.  Context is less likely to be lost there and sometimes folks write me verbose messages to make sure their point is understood in one read.  I don't want to make them scan over that again when my answer is usually "sounds good", or "not likely" or "I prefer cheddar".

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (136 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I quote then post, to keep context/flow... but in PMs I often post, then quote.  Context is less likely to be lost there and sometimes folks write me verbose messages to make sure their point is understood in one read.  I don't want to make them scan over that again when my answer is usually "sounds good", or "not likely" or "I prefer cheddar".

Cheddar is the best cheese, after all!:smileylol:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (129 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7426 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Behold the power of Cheese!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Apr 23, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Behold the power of Cheese!

Cheese is a gift from the Gods!  If I were to ever become Lactose intolerant, I do not think I could go on.:smileylol:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (115 Views)