Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 24 2013
By: ILLUMIN-X Fender Bender 3241 posts
Accepted Solution

Quick Question

9 replies 357 views Edited Apr 24, 2013

Hey guys if I want to change my profile avatar in the forums does anyone have a link for it ?

Ive stumbled around the settings for close to an hour and couldnt locate it

Message 1 of 10 (357 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
611 posts

Re: Quick Question

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

Whatever your avatar is on your PS3 will be the same Avatar for the forums, blog and etc. However I haven't seen a way to update it thru the forums. I remember back in the day we could change it however now I haven't seen that feature.

Message 2 of 10 (351 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26093 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

From your PS3...

Account Management > Account Information > Avatar.

Off Topic

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 10 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

That wasnt my question.
The last forum we had prior to migrating back to Lithium allowed us to choose our avatars from within the forum itself.

There was an inventory of the actual available profile images in the forum.

Someone asked me how to change their FORUM profile and in trying to help them this is how I noticed its different.

She doesnt want to change the actual PS3 profile, I think shes more/less looking for a specific avatar image.

And by the way it IS ON TOPIC because it relates directly to Home and these Forums

Message 4 of 10 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

Yes...before the migration we could choose from a cataloge of avi profile images. I guess theyve removed that option now since the switchback to Lithium.

yaheard2008ep wrote:

Whatever your avatar is on your PS3 will be the same Avatar for the forums, blog and etc. However I haven't seen a way to update it thru the forums. I remember back in the day we could change it however now I haven't seen that feature.

Message 5 of 10 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3698 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

That wasnt my question.
The last forum we had prior to migrating back to Lithium allowed us to choose our avatars from within the forum itself.

There was an inventory of the actual available profile images in the forum.

Someone asked me how to change their FORUM profile and in trying to help them this is how I noticed its different.

She doesnt want to change the actual PS3 profile, I think shes more/less looking for a specific avatar image.

On the JIVE forums we were free to customize our profile image, but now everything is synced across PlayStation Network and the Blog. We cannot use different avatars here on the forum anymore.

Message 6 of 10 (324 Views)
VP of Gaming
26093 posts

Apr 24, 2013

The Jive forums had their own settings. This is Lithium. If we wish to change the avatar, we have to do it via the PS3. And we will be limited to what the PS3 will allow. 

Off Topic

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 10 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Apr 24, 2013

OK, yeah after an hour or so of searching and realizing this option was gone I have the answer she was lookin for..thanks.

Message 8 of 10 (302 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7837 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Just to clarify, the feature can be used on Lithium as well. It's just that Sony has it turned off for anyone without Mod level permissions. Occasionally you'll see a Mod sporting one of the Lithium avatars rather than a PSN avatar. It's pretty easy to spot. They'll be rectangle, more wide then tall, whereas the PSN avatars are either a perfect square or circular with transparency.

Message 9 of 10 (289 Views)
VP of Gaming
30359 posts

Apr 29, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

Just to clarify, the feature can be used on Lithium as well. It's just that Sony has it turned off for anyone without Mod level permissions. Occasionally you'll see a Mod sporting one of the Lithium avatars rather than a PSN avatar. It's pretty easy to spot. They'll be rectangle, more wide then tall, whereas the PSN avatars are either a perfect square or circular with transparency.

Yea I've seen a few of those myself.

BRIT-KO

Message 10 of 10 (225 Views)
0 Likes