PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: Reporting Takes me to Forum Guidelines and Rules

Aug 26, 2013

B-r-a-t-i-n wrote:

ne1atall said: Did you have the Forum guidelines open i another tab when reporting? I always have at least 2 forum tabs open all the time and when I report in one then press the back button it takes me to whatever page is displayed in the other tab until I hit back again.

Yeah as I said above I had it open in another tab when I was reporting. Thanks for your reply as it was helpful.

Sorry. I missed that in the OP. That's what it was then. That happens to me all the time. It redirects to whatever you have open in the other tab until you hit back.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (89 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7824 posts

Aug 26, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

B-r-a-t-i-n wrote:

I just barely tried it again and it seems to be working fine. I'm not sure why it was doing that in the first place, but everything's good now.

Did you have the Forum guidelines open i another tab when reporting? I always have at least 2 forum tabs open all the time and when I report in one then press the back button it takes me to whatever page is displayed in the other tab until I hit back again.

This would be the problem. IDK why, but for some reason if you multi-tab the forums and have a page refresh or you go back a page the forums will load what ever page you last loaded, regardless of what tab that load came from.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46811 posts

Aug 28, 2013

B-r-a-t-i-n wrote:

Starting yesterday I notice if I report someone I am redirected to the guidelines and rules post for the forums. Yesterday I had reported a post and this happened. I got nervous because I had the report form in one tab in my browser and I had the guidelines post in another tab. It automatically redirected me to the rules and guidelines post after I reported the post I was wanting to, and had moderator notified on top of the guidelines post. Today the same thing happened. Is this supposed to happen because it's making me nervous as to whether or not I reported the post I was intending to or if I'm for some reason reporting the guidelines post. Is it supposed to redirect me there after I report a post because I've never had this happen to me before?

The guidelines and rules post I keep talking about is this: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/Rules-of-Conduct-amp-Forum-G...

If you have multiple tabs open, like I always do, and use report it will take you to one of your other tabs for some reason.   Are you multi-tabbed when this happens?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Aug 29, 2013

When I was having this issue I did have multiple tabs open. One being the guidlines post as I was double checking to see if the post went against the rules of the forums.

Hope this helped!

Keep on gaming!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (69 Views)
0 Likes