Mar 27 2013
By: Doppelgangergang Treasure Hunter 7737 posts

So, no other color schemes for mobile?

6 replies 122 views Edited Mar 27, 2013

I've been using the Mobile layout of the forums, and I can't figure out how to get the dark skin. Any tips?

Message 1 of 7 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4940 posts

Re: So, no other color schemes for mobile?

Mar 27, 2013
If you're on iPhone, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "full" version instead of mobile. Other than that, I think you have to get on the computer version to do it.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 2 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7737 posts

Mar 28, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
If you're on iPhone, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "full" version instead of mobile. Other than that, I think you have to get on the computer version to do it.

GAH. I was avoiding the "Full Version" because my cheap Android phone can't handle the load.

Message 3 of 7 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4363 posts

Mar 28, 2013

You don't get any choice Lithiums Template IS white.

The SCEA Web team is in talks to enable other choices but lithium has never given that option on any of the other mobile sites they run.

(So don't hold your breath) and has rejected it before...

Thats the reason the Dark skin was ditched, as lithium controll the template more than the Web team do... for mobile.

For full PC site the client has full controll but to keep compilance on mobiles Lithium seam to be the masters of there own mobile product...

63.jpg64.jpg65.jpg

The white template is standard across mobile lithium... as is the removal of nearly all java script rich text features and flash woot.. 

snapshot6.png

Message 4 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7737 posts

Mar 28, 2013
@GraphiteGB

Unfortunately, that seems to break the forums slightly. It's because some people here post in bright yellow or light green and it makes their posts unreadable.

I do hope that Lithium does implement an option :smileysad:
Message 5 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4363 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
@GraphiteGB

Unfortunately, that seems to break the forums slightly. It's because some people here post in bright yellow or light green and it makes their posts unreadable.

Been asked for years on other forums to have user controll of template, NOT happened yet, what is more Likely is they will Remove the Custom Colour text option for the mobile CSS and enforce 1 single text colour.... expect this option would need heavy java script to add the Switching option so is not added...  

Like when People moaned about the Flash Uploaders on IPAD for photos in Rich text editor. Instead of there being an Ipad uploader added, the Hole Rich text editor was pulled from the Ipad CSS now you only get the quick reply box...

Did not work out how we wanted... Flash is gone yes but so is the rest...

snapshot6.png

Message 6 of 7 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7854 posts

Mar 28, 2013

GraphiteGB wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:
@GraphiteGB

Been asked for years on other forums, NOT happened yet, what is more Likely is they will Remove the Custom Colour text option for the mobile CSS and enforce 1 single text colour.... expect this option would need heavy java script to add the Switching option so is not added... 

Like when People moaned about the Flash Uploaders on IPAD for photos in Rich text editor. Instead of there being an Ipad uploader added, the Hole Rich text editor was pulled from the Ipad CSS now you only get the quick reply box...

*Removed For Spaace*

Did not work out how we wanted... Flash is gone yes but so is the rest...

Lithium doesn't have much control in this matter. The Rich Text Editor is a third party app, so the only thing that Lithium can do directly to solve the buggy editor for mobile is to pull it entirely and wait for the app developer to fix the error.

As for the mobile layout. I don't believe that the layout is white because Lithium doesn't allow for it. We had a dark mobile layout for quite a while, up until the recent changes to the forum, which were entirely cosmetic not software changes made by Sony not Lithium. When Sony changed the forum layout they also pulled the mobile layout since it no longer match the PC version and simply set it to the Lithium default. We can have another dark mobile skin if Sony chooses to make it. But that will require both Sony to decide to do so and for the web team to not be busy working on other projects.

Message 7 of 7 (78 Views)
0 Likes