Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 11 2013
By: SgtNutCrunch1 First Son 9 posts

Sons account banned ONLY to the Forums!?

3 replies 177 views Edited Jul 11, 2013
Hi MODS, I am hoping one of you here has some common sense and can help! I didn't know where I was supposed to post this or ask for help, so I chose to post it here, If it's the wrong place for it, sorry, my bad, dont shoot me for it!... Anyhow, It seems that my sons account is banned but ONLY from using these apparently Nazifyed Forums, we got some onscreen message when trying to access the forums that it is "due to an OFFENSIVE USER NAME" !?!?!?! Really? A USER-NAME that has NO foul language or curses in it gets banned? How uptight ARE you people, really? Just about every single day when my kids or myself play PS3 online we constantly run into user names FAR FAR worse than my kids and THEY don't get banned!! I would gladly, happily name some that I've seen recently as examples but I don't wanna get myself banned for cursing in here! My kids user name, for one thing, is NOT offensive, well, maybe ONLY to those overly PC dorky people who seem to twist and find fault with absolutely EVERYTHING under the sun and take life, as short as it is, way way too seriously, OK, so it could be misconstrued as offensive if you looked at it the wrong way, but that can also apply to many other names, words, etc, for one example, Anyone remember the guy that pitched for the Seattle Mariners Baseball team back in their first couple of seasons (1977-1979) his name was "**bleep** POLE", No, seriously, as hilarious as it sounds that really IS his name! But I'm sure YOU would ban him for having one of the funniest names ever!.. I would really appreciate it a lot if my kids acct. can get UN-Banned from here, he does read a lot of these forums for tips, help and half decent and solid gaming advice! And, Hey!, it's summer time ya know, there's no school and really not much else for these kids to do all day to keep outta trouble except play PS3!... I did NOT feel too comfortable putting his info here so please feel free to contact me for it. Thank you very much for your time!
Have Fun, Stay Safe, Aim, Shoot, Kill, Enjoy
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (177 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28412 posts

Re: Sons account banned ONLY to the Forums!?

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

SgtNutCrunch1 wrote:
Hi MODS, I am hoping one of you here has some common sense and can help! I didn't know where I was supposed to post this or ask for help, so I chose to post it here, If it's the wrong place for it, sorry, my bad, dont shoot me for it!... Anyhow, It seems that my sons account is banned but ONLY from using these apparently Nazifyed Forums, we got some onscreen message when trying to access the forums that it is "due to an OFFENSIVE USER NAME" !?!?!?! Really? A USER-NAME that has NO foul language or curses in it gets banned? How uptight ARE you people, really? Just about every single day when my kids or myself play PS3 online we constantly run into user names FAR FAR worse than my kids and THEY don't get banned!! I would gladly, happily name some that I've seen recently as examples but I don't wanna get myself banned for cursing in here! My kids user name, for one thing, is NOT offensive, well, maybe ONLY to those overly PC dorky people who seem to twist and find fault with absolutely EVERYTHING under the sun and take life, as short as it is, way way too seriously, OK, so it could be misconstrued as offensive if you looked at it the wrong way, but that can also apply to many other names, words, etc, for one example, Anyone remember the guy that pitched for the Seattle Mariners Baseball team back in their first couple of seasons (1977-1979) his name was "**bleep** POLE", No, seriously, as hilarious as it sounds that really IS his name! But I'm sure YOU would ban him for having one of the funniest names ever!.. I would really appreciate it a lot if my kids acct. can get UN-Banned from here, he does read a lot of these forums for tips, help and half decent and solid gaming advice! And, Hey!, it's summer time ya know, there's no school and really not much else for these kids to do all day to keep outta trouble except play PS3!... I did NOT feel too comfortable putting his info here so please feel free to contact me for it. Thank you very much for your time!

Wow, some wall of text, some sentences or paragraphs would have been nice, anway, moving on...

No one here can 'un-ban' your sons account, it was banned for the reason(s) given, if you're unhappy with the decision then you'll need to contact Sony customer service on the following number.

If the PSN ID has been banned has he been offered the opportunity to create another one?

It's just a Forum ban you think then, he can still log onto his PS3 etc?

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

Just so you know these Forums are not as you suggest 'Nazified', they are run by a good team of Managers & Moderators who do a pretty good job of well Managing & Moderating them.

It is also not for you to decide whether a PSN ID is 'offensive' or not, some people are 'allowed' to keep using a username for years only for it to be banned some years later, that happens when someone reports it as offensive or under another category & Sony agrees.

If you see what you consider 'offenive', 'sexist', 'racist' or otherwise usernames please report them.

Maybe this could be your sons opportunity to play outside a little during the summer with some other kids of his own age, being stuck inside in this lovely weather is not good all the time.

If we can assist you further please come back to us.

BRIT-KO

EDIT: Here's a link to the Mangers & Moderators of these Forums, click the following link then click on one of the names then choose 'send this user a private message' if you so wish.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (171 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Well done BRIT. I agree and hopefully this gentleman can find a better answer to his issue by contacting someone via one of the avenues you have so helpfully laid before him. Good luck OP :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7824 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Hi and welcome to the forums. I do have a couple of corrections to the information above. If your son's account has been banned from the forums you will need to contact the forum moderating team, not Sony Customer Support. I would recommend sending a message to the PSForumMods account. Also, if you can present your case to the forum moderation team in a clear and respectful manner you might be able to convince them to change their minds on the ban. At which point the ban can be removed and your son's account returned to the forums.

Please bare in mind that it is a rare thing for accounts to be un-banned, and the more polite and respectful you are when presenting your case the better the chance that you'll have.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (141 Views)