Yeah this is ridiculous I recieved this same message from someone I hate spam

Message 11 of 21 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54531 posts

Re: Spammed yet again

Aug 20, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

I am quoting this as a private message that I just received yet again.

"Hello my dear,
How are you doing today? i hope this message find you in good health over there, please my dear i saw your profile and i became interested on you, my name is miss Ciara Sands.I wish to have you as a friend, if you care. I have important reasons to request your interest for a Serious Relationship, i will be happy if you can send me email at (ciara.sands@yahoo.com) so that i can easily explain to you more about me and send you my picture because I have something very Important to tell you.
Your New Friend
Miss Ciata.

A ton of us got that, I got the same one 2 times Smiley Tongue.

The Community Management staff was made aware this morning when they signed in and had the message as well LOL.

I hope this isn't the start of a new spam pattern....

Message 12 of 21 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Aug 20, 2013

I got 2 of those. lol

Message 13 of 21 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Aug 20, 2013

How hard is it to block the user? Honestly.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 14 of 21 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5698 posts

Aug 20, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

How hard is it to block the user? Honestly.

Have you read what I posted? I said I blocked them already and they STILL managed to come back.. Maybe you should learn to read

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 15 of 21 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15326 posts

Aug 20, 2013

I finally got one! Someone loves me.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 16 of 21 (191 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5885 posts

Aug 20, 2013

If you guys are being spammed through PM, please send a PM to a moderator with the spam details, PSForumMods would be ideal.

Here's a link to Moderator contact info:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/The-PlayStation-Forum-Team-a...

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 17 of 21 (183 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

kbrewster1985 wrote:
I agree they are annoying i just keep retiring and deleting them i haven't revived one for some time now

Ya I did delete and report and ignored them and they managed to make a new account and spam me yet again. I hate spammers like that. I feel I should go on there dumb website and cuss and swear at them LOL

Risky idea, very risky. All the viruses and BTDs.

Remember kids, always practice safe browsing. Smiley Wink

bronxsushi wrote:

I got 3 of those private messages today on this site. I did not expect to get a "Mail Order Bride" scam on this site. I guess that soon I will be getting private messages from the "Nigerian Prince" on this website. Smiley Very Happy

The draw back to major, very prevalent sites like this. It's a target for spammers due to the high volume of traffic and potential "customers". Helps to keep the Mods on their toes though. lol

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

A ton of us got that, I got the same one 2 times Smiley Tongue.

The Community Management staff was made aware this morning when they signed in and had the message as well LOL.

I hope this isn't the start of a new spam pattern....

And that's where a lot of these things go increasingly stupid. You'd think that a "Moderator" rank would detour someone from sending spam.

As for a pattern, meh, these things come and they go. I've seen these kinds of things crop up on other sites. The Mods crack down on it and it goes away after a few days and moves on to a different site. Give it some time and it'll be back for a new round.

One good resource that the Mods can take advantage of is http://www.stopforumspam.com. It has a huge database of spam accounts that can be researched for either preventative measures or to see if a suspicious account is a know spammer or not, and if it's a new spammer the Mods can add to the database.

Message 18 of 21 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Aug 21, 2013

same here! i got one today.

Message 19 of 21 (171 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Hey guys, 

can you please send me the usernames that are spamming via PM??

I want to investigate this further Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 20 of 21 (164 Views)
0 Likes