Jul 12 2013
By: BloodprimeZ First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Support phone number difficulties

[ Edited ]
8 replies 207 views Edited Jul 12, 2013

Hey!

I was looking for the PS support number today and came across 800-345-SONY on the official website. Now I have a cheap, Pantech phone which has a QWERTY keypad, so I cannot transcribe lettered phone numbers into a dialable number. There is no standard format phone number in brackets or anything next to it. I ended up having to call a friend and have him tell me what each letter corrisponded to.

Just thought I would submit this issue so that anybody in a similar situation can call with ease in the future!

Message 1 of 9 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32410 posts

Re: Support phone number difficulties

Jul 12, 2013

BloodprimeZ wrote:

Hey!

I was looking for the PS support number today and came across 800-345-SONY on the official website. Now I have a cheap, Pantech phone which has a QWERTY keypad, so I cannot transcribe lettered phone numbers into a dialable number. There is no standard format phone number in brackets or anything next to it. I ended up having to call a friend and have him tell me what each letter corrisponded to.

Just thought I would submit this issue so that anybody in a similar situation can call with ease in the future!

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

To be honest this is not an issue for the overwhelming majority of people, & even the few that have a phone like yours that are not able to work out what letters translate to which numbers could either easily find out themselves by doing what you did or by searching say Google, or might I suggest that in fact most people know that the following has been standard on all phones, be they cellphones or home ones for a number of years now:

1 -

2 - ABC

3 - DEF

4 - GHI

5 - JKL

6 - MNO

7 - PQRS

8 - TUV

9 - WXYZ

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 9 (202 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jul 12, 2013

I'm aware the issue isn't applicable to a majority of people, however if it's such a simple error to fix, why not fix it?

Message 3 of 9 (195 Views)
Shinra Executive
32410 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

BloodprimeZ wrote:

I'm aware the issue isn't applicable to a majority of people, however if it's such a simple error to fix, why not fix it?

Because I don't there's anything broken.

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 9 (191 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

People are having issues using the support number listed on the official PSN website.

That's broken.

Message 5 of 9 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32410 posts

Jul 12, 2013

BloodprimeZ wrote:

People are having issues using the support number listed on the official PSN website.

That's broken.

What sort of issues?

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 9 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Half of the phone number is missing.

Message 7 of 9 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32410 posts

Jul 12, 2013

BloodprimeZ wrote:

Half of the phone number is missing.

Lol, as you already know I have already answered that question, nothing's broken, nothing needs fixing.

Good night to you.

BRIT-KO

Message 8 of 9 (175 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7471 posts

Jul 12, 2013
BloodprimeZ wrote:

Hey!

Here ya go buddy:

Keypad.png

Nothing wrong with the number...  use this for future reference if YOU are having trouble k? Good luck :smileywink:

Message 9 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes