Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 20 2013
By: Shane-D-M First Son 25 posts

User ID's

3 replies 156 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

When I first created my PSN account, I created a name that fit some of the information I was asked at the time. Only after a few years on PSN and finding myself more involved, I learned a big mistake in creating my PSN User ID. But now I have invested countless hours in trophies and money in PSN and PSHome content. I have spent even more time researching the idea of creating a new account and saving all my investments to avoid more problems and to enjoy a better future on PSN. I understand this is something that can be abused.  So, If there is in fact absolutely no way to fix this problem, then it is something I would like to see available sometime in the future for the situations that may be needed.

Message 1 of 4 (156 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15547 posts

Re: User ID's

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

So, let me tell you what I heard.

"I broke a lot of rules back in the day and didnt care and no longer want to be associated with a particular user-name"

Also, I dont get why information they asked had anything to do with your user ID...but whatever.

In short, you cannot currently nor do I predict being able to change a current user ID in the future.

Message 2 of 4 (144 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Shane-D-M wrote:

When I first created my PSN account, I created a name that fit some of the information I was asked at the time. Only after a few years on PSN and finding myself more involved, I learned a big mistake in creating my PSN User ID. But now I have invested countless hours in trophies and money in PSN and PSHome content. I have spent even more time researching the idea of creating a new account and saving all my investments to avoid more problems and to enjoy a better future on PSN. I understand this is something that can be abused.  So, If there is in fact absolutely no way to fix this problem, then it is something I would like to see available sometime in the future for the situations that may be needed.

Unfortunately you can not change the user name associated with your login in email.  Your only option is to make a new account and end up losing all your trophies that you've earned on this one.

With the new account, as long as you set it as a sub account on your PS3, you will be able to use/dl/play all the stuff you already paid for so you don't have to lose your money at least. 

This is a VERY popular topic around here and many of us have asked for this option, sony has not done it however.

Message 3 of 4 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Misunderstanding the process was just my fault, When I was signing up for PSN I didn't read everything the entire way through. The fact that they were asking for my address and other personal information was the only reason of the confusion on my part. Having never signed up for anything like this or played anything online, I was just ignorant to how it all worked. :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 4 (123 Views)