Apr 22 2013
By: Anton_Xul Wastelander 631 posts

Why are my images that I post coming out stretched?

8 replies 268 views Edited Apr 22, 2013

When I try to post pictures in the default full size, it looks like an old Bruce Lee movie from the '70s. Why is this happening and when can the webmasters fix it? I lose a lot of detail when I have to scale it down when trying to show someone something in the threads.

Full Size

Large

Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Why are my images that I post coming out stretched?

Apr 22, 2013

Because the resolution is to large, and your personal pc viewing resolution does not reflect everyone elses individual settings. So try uploading them to medium instead otherwise they will stretch the page

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (261 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28763 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Are you dragging the images when placing them to enlarge them prior to posting? I post very high resolution images and don't have problems with stretching. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (254 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 22, 2013
No Jo, I just select them from my pix saved on my profile. They look good in the select preview screen, then when I post it on the message, it stretches. It's been doing this for like a month. I didn't have a problem before, but now it's all the pictures I post does this.
Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (224 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28763 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:
No Jo, I just select them from my pix saved on my profile. They look good in the select preview screen, then when I post it on the message, it stretches. It's been doing this for like a month. I didn't have a problem before, but now it's all the pictures I post does this.

That's odd. Perhaps you should try another browser.

You can use HTML to size them if you know pixel dimensions. You could drag the image slighly after posting and then use the html tab and code to set the size. I use 780 across for videos but I have to guess at the height. 560 pixels seems to work fine for them. I also use HTML to post a lot of my images cause using external links adds those images to your library and counts against your total allocation.

Edit: I used 760 x 440 pixels in the HTML tab to post your image. It looks like I could size it larger. 

Screen shot 2013-04-22 at 10.44.06 AM.png

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (216 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 22, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Because the resolution is to large, and your personal pc viewing resolution does not reflect everyone elses individual settings. So try uploading them to medium instead otherwise they will stretch the page

Do you see both images as normal on your computer?

Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3195 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

When I try to post pictures in the default full size, it looks like an old Bruce Lee movie from the '70s. Why is this happening and when can the webmasters fix it? I lose a lot of detail when I have to scale it down when trying to show someone something in the threads.

Full Size

Large

Use a different browser. its adding a size request thats not allowed, the pictures ARE required to be scaled down by the sites script, because its adding a size in figures, the site blocks the width command as the forum is a fixed width.. no matter the resolution of your monitor this site will be the same number of pixels wide... 

(Now that Ive removed the sizing html the aspec ratio returns to normal...)

fgfgfdg

When I Add a picture there is no size HTML then the site is able to Auto scale the image evenly and keep the aspec ratio...

( To see the image full size requires the user to open image in new tab...)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (133 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3303 posts

Apr 30, 2013
after you bring the image in size it with the settings..if you dont it comes out that way..I had the same issues...its easy to fix..just pick size..large med small..its easy
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3195 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (93 Views)
0 Likes