First Son
6 posts

Re: 0% Trophy Counts

Feb 22, 2010

Cirkustanz wrote:

I've said this about 12 times now.

No one ever listens, because it just makes too much sense.

1:  Who cares about trophies.  No one does.  Have you ever looked up someones profile while you were on the PS3 to compare their trophies to yours?  If you have, why?  How did it make you feel when you got the result?  Did you scoff when they hadn't killed 500 elite footmen, or did you make some disparaging remark about the person not having a life because they had?

2: If you still care about trophies so much and more distinct to this message, if you think that having a game with zero trophies next to your name means anything, I can not only show you how to prevent it from happening, but I will tell you why you should not care at all.

First of all, if you are such a freaking obsessive person that you have to have high trophy scores in all of your games apply a little common sense to your gaming.  CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT ON THE PS3.   Every time you start a game, play on that account.  If you can't tell that you want to play the game a lot in the first 30 minutes...........you will surely hate the game.  Do not play it anymore!  Once you decide you like the game, switch to your real account and start over.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, when a person compares trophies with you, even if you have never played that game at all, if they have a trophy for that game, it shows that game in the breakdown of comparisons.  If they have X number of trophies for it, and you've never even heard of the game at all, it will show it next to your name in the EXACT same way as if it is a game you played for all of 5 seconds.

What am I getting at here?

Stop being stupid. 

as he said.... the only purpose of having it is to see if the game is even worth playing.... wanted.... dumb game.... played it for 10 minutes returned it... trophy count... 0%

Message 11 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Feb 22, 2010

I've compared trophies quite a few times with friends, just to see what games they're playing and how far along they are in them.... a lot of people care about trophies.  It's nice to earn them, even if you may not look at them, as it adds to your "gaming profile" and lists your accomplishments.  Not only that, but they get more replay value out of a game if its any good because if you're sitting around bored you can try to get more trophies in a game, even if you already beat it you obviously didn't do everything in it if you're missing the trophies.

Lighten up, don't think too hard about these things... they're only there for fun.  Hopefully it was worth your time to air your grievances about trophies, because like it or not they're here to stay.

Back to the topic,

I have a couple games at 0% and was wondering the same thing...  Socom Confrontation being one of them and I doubt I'll play it again.  In the end though, it doesn't really matter if it's there or not.  However, I do wish that there was a better way to organize the trophy list... either alphabetical order or by order of how recent they are. 

Message 12 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 22, 2010

If you don't care about trophies then why are people replying to this thread? lol Sounds to me like you do kinda care, you're just having a bad day

Anyways, as far as the trophies go, I think it's a nice added incentive to a game. Adds a little bit more value for that $59.99 you just paid and prolongs the game to try to achieve something. Its just an added bonus that's all. I just think it would be a good idea to have the "OPTION" to delete what content you want on your profile. Some people spend a ridiculous amount of time on gaming so when you compare trophies, you have to wait for the extra 100 or so games of 0% they have lol and it's just like sheesh, come on now. I have about 10 games I rented with 0% so just to have those taken off would be cool cause most every game I buy, dont rent anymore, I always go for the trophies. Sometimes you get 'em all, sometimes you don't. 

P.S. Multiplayer Trophies suck ....... that is all

Message Edited by KC_Chiefs_4Life on 02-22-2010 09:07 AM
Message 13 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1156 posts

Feb 22, 2010

KC_Chiefs_4Life wrote:

If you don't care about trophies then why are people replying to this thread? lol Sounds to me like you do kinda care, you're just having a bad day

Anyways, as far as the trophies go, I think it's a nice added incentive to a game. Adds a little bit more value for that $59.99 you just paid and prolongs the game to try to achieve something. Its just an added bonus that's all. I just think it would be a good idea to have the "OPTION" to delete what content you want on your profile. Some people spend a ridiculous amount of time on gaming so when you compare trophies, you have to wait for the extra 100 or so games of 0% they have lol and it's just like sheesh, come on now. I have about 10 games I rented with 0% so just to have those taken off would be cool cause most every game I buy, dont rent anymore, I always go for the trophies. Sometimes you get 'em all, sometimes you don't. 

P.S. Multiplayer Trophies suck ....... that is all

Message Edited by KC_Chiefs_4Life on 02-22-2010 09:07 AM

I think Sony didn't provide this feature to keep people from artificially manipulating their trophy percentages.  Maybe they'll propose a solution to this at some point.  In the meanwhile my trophy count.... 0.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 14 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 27, 2011

I totally agree, there should be an option to remove trophys from your list if they have 0%, I recently bought dead space 2 and accidentally clicked on the bonus game that came with it and it started to install, it didn't even ask me if I'd like to install it but i figured I wouldn't turn off the console while it was doing that and risk messing up some data on my hard disk.  I don't have a playstation move attachment and already own the game on Wii so why the hell can't I remove it from my list.  It was a simple option that the X-Box 360 has.

Message 15 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jan 27, 2011

InTheZone wrote:

xsolidsnake123x wrote:
i dont see the point,why does it matter?

think before you post, you sound narrow-minded.

InTheZone Trophy Card

and you sound like a dick head.

Message 16 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2890 posts

Jan 27, 2011

Cirkustanz wrote:

I've said this about 12 times now.

No one ever listens, because it just makes too much sense.

1:  Who cares about trophies.  No one does.  Have you ever looked up someones profile while you were on the PS3 to compare their trophies to yours?  If you have, why?  How did it make you feel when you got the result?  Did you scoff when they hadn't killed 500 elite footmen, or did you make some disparaging remark about the person not having a life because they had?

2: If you still care about trophies so much and more distinct to this message, if you think that having a game with zero trophies next to your name means anything, I can not only show you how to prevent it from happening, but I will tell you why you should not care at all.

First of all, if you are such a freaking obsessive person that you have to have high trophy scores in all of your games apply a little common sense to your gaming.  CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT ON THE PS3.   Every time you start a game, play on that account.  If you can't tell that you want to play the game a lot in the first 30 minutes...........you will surely hate the game.  Do not play it anymore!  Once you decide you like the game, switch to your real account and start over.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, when a person compares trophies with you, even if you have never played that game at all, if they have a trophy for that game, it shows that game in the breakdown of comparisons.  If they have X number of trophies for it, and you've never even heard of the game at all, it will show it next to your name in the EXACT same way as if it is a game you played for all of 5 seconds.

What am I getting at here?

Stop being stupid.

cirkustanz
Stop crying, it's a video game.

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/your_opinion.jpg

everyone enjoys hearing the sound of a gained trophy. no need to start calling people stupid because you don't enjoy it as much as others.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Message 17 of 17 (9 Views)
0 Likes