Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Re: 10 Tips for New Dark Souls Players

Apr 8, 2014

peeonrocks wrote:

Few thing I learn in Dark souls 1 then use in 2.

1. DONT BE THIS GUY

And 2.

1. running away from a Knight.....I sometimes...do that..........so i can try having a higherground hehe

2. This V

http://www.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/world-without-harry-potter-gifs-magic.gif

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 48 (396 Views)
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Well, I would rather fear a charge from a black knight with a greatsword. I really had hard time against them though. Smiley Very Happy

Message 42 of 48 (356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Thanks for the tips. I've been wanting to give this game a try.  :-)

Message 43 of 48 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3562 posts

Apr 11, 2014

It certainly is very enjoyable and it has a strong and dedicated community behind it. Oh and awesome gestures \0/

Message 44 of 48 (340 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Apr 11, 2014

I did my 1st playthrough a few days ago. Awesome game, love it.

I do have to say though I found it easier than Dark Souls (about on par with Demon's Souls). I think the main things that made it easier are the lack of any uber hard boss battles (like 4 Kings or Smoegh/Orienstien), those healing crystals and the ability to fast travel from the start with bonfires. Ultimately I do think Dark Souls 2 is the best game in the series so far, just a bit on the easy side for fans of series. 

If/when they make a Dark Souls 3 (or whatever) hopefully they will use everything that worked in DS2 and have a few more super difficult spots like in Dark Souls and make it so your estus flask is the only means to heal other than spells and super rare items.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 45 of 48 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3562 posts

Apr 11, 2014

I agree, it felt much easier for me too

There is optional difficulty and NG+ is indeed a challenge, but the Capra Demon owned me many times in DKS1 and I did not have this issue with DKS2.

I think the warping everywhere was necessary for the world they built, but certainly detrimental to the feel of the game - I found myself using it all the time just like you fastravel everywhere in Skyrim xD

Message 46 of 48 (335 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Fexelea wrote:

I agree, it felt much easier for me too

There is optional difficulty and NG+ is indeed a challenge, but the Capra Demon owned me many times in DKS1 and I did not have this issue with DKS2.

I think the warping everywhere was necessary for the world they built, but certainly detrimental to the feel of the game - I found myself using it all the time just like you fastravel everywhere in Skyrim xD

Yeah, the warping kept there from being a "hopeless" moment in the game. For me (and others I hear) in Dark Souls after ringing the bell below blight town I really started to wonder if I would ever make it back up. Luckly I had enough moss, but the fear was still there and that feeling when I made it to a bonfire on the surface was awesome. There was really nothing that felt like this in DS2.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 47 of 48 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3603 posts

Apr 14, 2014
I keep falling in love with the game and it's my 9th playthrough. I want to pay with MORE players. LET'S ALL ENGAGE IN JOLLY COOPERATION! HEART!
I can here hurtful. I can be purple. I can be anything you like.
Message 48 of 48 (298 Views)
0 Likes