Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: 2nd thoughts on KillZone: SF after PS Blog Q & A

Oct 22, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

First off it's a FPS there is inherently little difference in the genre.

Where you create difference and separation from all others is story and the environments

pertaining to certain missions or goals. As well as the weaponry selection and enhancements.

So your saying because its a FPS creating the difference is in story and environment?? So what about TITANFALL????

Titanfall is a FPS and you can control huge mechs and run off walls and etc. That's more rite there than just your standard shooting.

See again I'm asking for new engaging gameplay. The story is always going to be there.

Again what do we have new besides the new gadget "OWL"? Not much if any at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 22, 2013

Spores_ wrote:

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Where you create difference and separation from all others is story and the environments

pertaining to certain missions or goals. As well as the weaponry selection and enhancements.

So your saying because its a FPS creating the difference is in story and environment?? So what about TITANFALL????

Titanfall is a FPS and you can control huge mechs and run off walls and etc. That's more rite there than just your standard shooting.

See again I'm asking for new engaging gameplay. The story is always going to be there.

Mechs that look and play just like big humans. Couldn't care less about that game.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Oct 22, 2013

StrongBlackVine9 wrote:

Spores_ wrote:

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Mechs that look and play just like big humans. Couldn't care less about that game.

Me too, thats just an example of new elements that could be added.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (196 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4599 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

My dissapointments with the new killzone:

-No split screen (1st game had, 2nd didnt, 3rd game had, 4th doesnt)

-No coop campaign (1st game had, 2nd didnt, 3rd game had, 4th doesnt)

-No 3D (3rd game had, and was one of best examples of why 3D in first person shooters is a good idea)

-No sharpshooter support? (We know ps4 supports Move, KZ3 gave us sharpshooter and it was good, why leave behind?!?!?)

-No Jetpacks, mechs, or vehicles in multiplayer. (Here's hoping at least the single player has them, would not be killzone without vehicle and mounted turrret gameplay)

-Cant maintain 60FPS (I thought this console was extremely powerful?  You cant do split screen because you would have to sacrifice visual quality, but even without it you need to run a 30FPS?  So with split screen it would be 720p@30FPS? or less?

Take killzone 3 game engine, uprez to 1080p, up framerate to 60FPS, Then use that engine to give us killzone SF.

If ps4 cant run that game why are we starting a new gen?  And the other console is half as powerful?!?!?!  I have a bad feeling about this gen.  At least last gen we had the cell, which meant as devs learned it games would improve over time all the way till end of life as evidenced by games like The Last of Us, Beyond, etc.  This new gen using well known gear will mean we will see the hardware being maxed out much, much, much sooner.  The launch games we be much more representative of what our games will look like towards the end of the ps4 life cycle, there is no secret power to unlock beyond the unified chip.  I give it a yr or 2 tops.

I am actually finding it hard to get excited about next gen anymore.  This was the only game I really wanted for launch and most of the reasons why are not part of it.  

-Killzone 3 was the best 3D game on PS3, 100 better quality then Blops 3d, and they drop it for the sequel?  Pure stupidity.

-The sharpshooter came with Killzone 3 and works flawlessly (without cheater lock)  With 3D made this game one of the most immersive games to grace the PS3 ever. (Not perfect game, but technically impressive for sure)

-I loved the jetpack in KZ3, amazing experience in 3D with sharpshooter.

-Killzone 2 had the perfect weight to it, many of you probably hated it cause it wasnt like COD but thats exactly why i loved it.  It was different and it makes sense if a guy is wearing 200lbs of armor and gear.  Killzone 2 after the patch was lighter and less fun, KZ3 was even lighter and felt worse, now they say this new killzone is ultra light weight and fast just like the cancer of the shooter genre.

The more I hear the more I find myself able to wait, at this point seeings how I cant get a ps4 killzone bundle anyway I am going to wait until I can, and hopefully by then the game will be out awhile and I can get some hands on time pre-purchase.

So now we are left with the owl and en energy shield.  Energy shields been done, owl I dont know about just yet, I want to see more of what it can do.  If you can use it like the robot in MGS4 to stun enemies and control remotely to scout around quietly I could get down with that.

I feel this gen I bought to many games on hype alone, this left me dissapointed a lot of the time, especially multiplatform games.

Next gen i am going to buy only very select titles I know I will enjoy, so far I am not sure killzone SF fits the bill, although its better then all the other choices available so far (Hate COD, BF4 beta blew huge chunks and will probably be 6months to a yr getting patched.)

Screw it.

Yes... let's:

1. Complain about launch titles where devs are being forced to complete games before the launch of the console, having to time crunch long hours.

2. Not take into consideration that the PS4 was constantly changing during development times as well like the dev units having lower specs like 4GB of GDDR5 that just this year got upgraded to 8GB GDDR5.

3. Be psychic and know what's happening behind the scenes. We don't know what meetings are being held in what trade offs need to be done and what optimizations can be done in a budgeted time frame. 

4. Stab the Specs to mean nothing is impossible. While x86 isn't new, huMA/ HSA /8 ACE/ Unified Pooled Memory while working with 8 cores may be ready but new to many people. The power is there but optimizations and making all the systems in play work together well is another story. 

5. Say that Developers are only beginning to learn the ins and outs of the console. While these launch titles are impressive, a year or more from now we will See titles look way better.

Some people need to check their super high expectations at the door. While the PS4 is the most powerful console ever released, it takes time to bring a seed into full fruition. Look at the PS3 at launch, titles looked barely better than PS2 games, while Uncharted 1 was impressive - The Last of Us looks loads better than it but came near the end of the PS3's life cycle it truth be told could not have been achieved in the PS3's first year, no way. Some things take time. People thought Crysis would never come to consoles and many thought it just would be possible due to the tech but a couple years after launch and everyone essential was incorrect (although a lot of optimizations and cut backs had to happen to get the game on consoles.)

The PS4 it's a fantastic piece of tech and while the launch titles are great, more and better titles will come in the future. Many see the PS4 as an investment of good games now as early adopters but we all know the great and fantastic games that will blew our minds will come down the road. It's also a matter of perspective, Games on PS4 look better than what we get on PS3 currently - Digital Foundry will be HAPPY to tell us the differences on multi gen titles (for multi platform games). 

I'm a huge Killzone fan btw and while your points are understandable, we need to understand that we just don't know what is happening behind the scenes for a first gen rebooted title like Killzone Shadow Fall. We aren't developers, we are spoiled gamers. Sony nor any company is making a push for 3D any more, that fad ended and VR seems to be moving in. While the move experience was great, I'm sure they wanted to get a tight control scheme for the new DS4 and had other priorities in play. We just don't know...

I'd like to suggest we don't bring judgement on the game until it's released and we can try it first hand. Some condemn games before they even came out, some did for Flower due to its colorful look, and what a wonderfully enjoyable game that was.

Give it a chance and give developers some time before you close the book, it's to early and the consoles aren't even out yet.

To the OP, enjoy.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (193 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 22, 2013

Killzone Shadow Fall will have a 10 or so hour campaign. That is good for a FPS and probably twice as long as long as the single player in COD: Ghosts and BF4.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 22, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Phillyblunzz wrote:

My dissapointments with the new killzone:

-No split screen (1st game had, 2nd didnt, 3rd game had, 4th doesnt)

-No coop campaign (1st game had, 2nd didnt, 3rd game had, 4th doesnt)

-No 3D (3rd game had, and was one of best examples of why 3D in first person shooters is a good idea)

-No sharpshooter support? (We know ps4 supports Move, KZ3 gave us sharpshooter and it was good, why leave behind?!?!?)

-No Jetpacks, mechs, or vehicles in multiplayer. (Here's hoping at least the single player has them, would not be killzone without vehicle and mounted turrret gameplay)

-Cant maintain 60FPS (I thought this console was extremely powerful?  You cant do split screen because you would have to sacrifice visual quality, but even without it you need to run a 30FPS?  So with split screen it would be 720p@30FPS? or less?

Take killzone 3 game engine, uprez to 1080p, up framerate to 60FPS, Then use that engine to give us killzone SF.

If ps4 cant run that game why are we starting a new gen?  And the other console is half as powerful?!?!?!  I have a bad feeling about this gen.  At least last gen we had the cell, which meant as devs learned it games would improve over time all the way till end of life as evidenced by games like The Last of Us, Beyond, etc.  This new gen using well known gear will mean we will see the hardware being maxed out much, much, much sooner.  The launch games we be much more representative of what our games will look like towards the end of the ps4 life cycle, there is no secret power to unlock beyond the unified chip.  I give it a yr or 2 tops.

I am actually finding it hard to get excited about next gen anymore.  This was the only game I really wanted for launch and most of the reasons why are not part of it.  

-Killzone 3 was the best 3D game on PS3, 100 better quality then Blops 3d, and they drop it for the sequel?  Pure stupidity.

-The sharpshooter came with Killzone 3 and works flawlessly (without cheater lock)  With 3D made this game one of the most immersive games to grace the PS3 ever. (Not perfect game, but technically impressive for sure)

-I loved the jetpack in KZ3, amazing experience in 3D with sharpshooter.

-Killzone 2 had the perfect weight to it, many of you probably hated it cause it wasnt like COD but thats exactly why i loved it.  It was different and it makes sense if a guy is wearing 200lbs of armor and gear.  Killzone 2 after the patch was lighter and less fun, KZ3 was even lighter and felt worse, now they say this new killzone is ultra light weight and fast just like the cancer of the shooter genre.

The more I hear the more I find myself able to wait, at this point seeings how I cant get a ps4 killzone bundle anyway I am going to wait until I can, and hopefully by then the game will be out awhile and I can get some hands on time pre-purchase.

So now we are left with the owl and en energy shield.  Energy shields been done, owl I dont know about just yet, I want to see more of what it can do.  If you can use it like the robot in MGS4 to stun enemies and control remotely to scout around quietly I could get down with that.

I feel this gen I bought to many games on hype alone, this left me dissapointed a lot of the time, especially multiplatform games.

Next gen i am going to buy only very select titles I know I will enjoy, so far I am not sure killzone SF fits the bill, although its better then all the other choices available so far (Hate COD, BF4 beta blew huge chunks and will probably be 6months to a yr getting patched.)

Screw it.

Yes... let's:

1. Complain about launch titles where devs are being forced to complete games before the launch of the console, having to time crunch long hours.

2. Not take into consideration that the PS4 was constantly changing during development times as well like the dev units having lower specs like 4GB of GDDR5 that just this year got upgraded to 8GB GDDR5.

3. Be psychic and know what's happening behind the scenes. We don't know what meetings are being held in what trade offs need to be done and what optimizations can be done in a budgeted time frame. 

4. Stab the Specs to mean nothing is impossible. While x86 isn't new, huMA/ HSA /8 ACE/ Unified Pooled Memory while working with 8 cores may be ready but new to many people. The power is there but optimizations and making all the systems in play work together well is another story. 

5. Say that Developers are only beginning to learn the ins and outs of the console. While these launch titles are impressive, a year or more from now we will See titles look way better.

Some people need to check their super high expectations at the door. While the PS4 is the most powerful console ever released, it takes time to bring a seed into full fruition. Look at the PS3 at launch, titles looked barely better than PS2 games, while Uncharted 1 was impressive - The Last of Us looks loads better than it but came near the end of the PS3's life cycle it truth be told could not have been achieved in the PS3's first year, no way. Some things take time. People thought Crysis would never come to consoles and many thought it just would be possible due to the tech but a couple years after launch and everyone essential was incorrect (although a lot of optimizations and cut backs had to happen to get the game on consoles.)

The PS4 it's a fantastic piece of tech and while the launch titles are great, more and better titles will come in the future. Many see the PS4 as an investment of good games now as early adopters but we all know the great and fantastic games that will blew our minds will come down the road. It's also a matter of perspective, Games on PS4 look better than what we get on PS3 currently - Digital Foundry will be HAPPY to tell us the differences on multi gen titles (for multi platform games). 

I'm a huge Killzone fan btw and while your points are understandable, we need to understand that we just don't know what is happening behind the scenes for a first gen rebooted title like Killzone Shadow Fall. We aren't developers, we are spoiled gamers. Sony nor any company is making a push for 3D any more, that fad ended and VR seems to be moving in. While the move experience was great, I'm sure they wanted to get a tight control scheme for the new DS4 and had other priorities in play. We just don't know...

I'd like to suggest we don't bring judgement on the game until it's released and we can try it first hand. Some condemn games before they even came out, some did for Flower due to its colorful look, and what a wonderfully enjoyable game that was.

Give it a chance and give developers some time before you close the book, it's to early and the consoles aren't even out yet.

To the OP, enjoy.

I'm just choked cause every console I ever bought had split screen gaming when I bought it.

I'm too old to love MP as much as i once did and real life players give the game a much longer life.

And Resistance FOM looked better then any PS2 game I ever seen.  Motorstorm 1 is still visually impressive to this day.

Resistance is the kinda game a console should launch with.  Had very impressive specs for a launch game:

-Split screen

-7.1 sound

-Characters lips moved when you talked on headset

-Game mechanics were pretty much showing off.  Tracking 40 porcupine spikes across the entire map, per grenade thrown.

The weapons, effects, physics were all heads and tails above what was even possible on PS2.

Its really true that this next gen isnt too much of a leap from the current gen, no where near the leap from PS2 to PS3.

PS2 games were SD, PS3 games went to 720p (A few eveb reach 1080p), now it seems lots of next gen games cant even reach 1080p

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

:smileysad: :smileyhappy:

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4599 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

I'm just choked cause every console I ever bought had split screen gaming when I bought it.

I'm too old to love MP as much as i once did and real life players give the game a much longer life.

And Resistance FOM looked better then any PS2 game I ever seen.  Motorstorm 1 is still visually impressive to this day.

Resistance is the kinda game a console should launch with.  Had very impressive specs for a launch game:

-Split screen

-7.1 sound

-Characters lips moved when you talked on headset

-Game mechanics were pretty much showing off.  Tracking 40 porcupine spikes across the entire map, per grenade thrown.

The weapons, effects, physics were all heads and tails above what was even possible on PS2.

Its really true that this next gen isnt too much of a leap from the current gen, no where near the leap from PS2 to PS3.

PS2 games were SD, PS3 games went to 720p (A few eveb reach 1080p), now it seems lots of next gen games cant even reach 1080p

What PS4 Games aren't 1080p? Bf4? 

My point went above your head though...Some people thought some of the launch games were merely up- resed PS2 games. I'm not knocking the Resistance series, love Insomniacs past games (ugh..FUSE was awful). Never got into MotorStorm due to its difficulty at the time but the graphics were impressive (deformation tech was at a time very good). Now Your argument after makes little sense though, are you saying Resistance Fall of Man looks and plays better than Killzone Shadow Fall? Let me pick your quote a bit...

"Resistance is the kinda game a console should launch with (the PS4 has something as well and better, a Killzone game at Launch for the first time of a Sony Console, ever).  Had very impressive specs for a launch game:

-Split screen (Sorry, I remember this as well but online multi is more popular now)

-7.1 sound (still there)

-Characters lips moved when you talked on headset (no one is going to notice that funny ordeal)

-Game mechanics were pretty much showing off.  Tracking 40 porcupine spikes across the entire map, per grenade thrown. (Have you seen the latest video or build of Killzone Shadow Fall?  There is no way the PS3 could handle it's scale honestly)

The weapons, effects, physics were all heads and tails above what was even possible on PS2. (Agreed and the same can be said of Killzone Shadow Fall on PS4)"

Killzone Shadow Fall is an impressive title with great visuals not possible on current gen, "long" single player mode and the multiplayer aspect is so configurable, gaming online is going to be nuts once we see people make custom set ups.

Change is needed and is also a design decision of what is put in a game or not, again we aren't making the Games, we are playing them. Online multiplayer boomed and couch side by side multiplayer almost pretty much died off. I'm a PC Gamer and while I know the consoles aren't as powerful, I'm still very impressed with the PS4, especially it's exclusives. 

And not all games were in 720p native on PS3, only a couple were (mostly First Party) and more so only a very few were in 1080p - you should check out the site Digital Foundry, they have advanced equipment that doesn't lie about resolutions. Or if you want I can give you a short list if you like. This gen was not as HD as you think. This next gen will be minimum 720p but will more so be pushed for 1080p constantly like the majority of the PS4 titles coming out (I can count on one hand how many will be less than 1080p for the PS4). Again, the design choice is entirely up to the developer in how a game looks and plays.

Despite what you think, the PS4 IS a major jump from current gen, I'm sorry but specs don't lie. 8GB of GDDR5 vs 512mb split, DX11+ vs DX9, 8 cores vs 1 core, Tessellation and other next gen effects vs ... Not so much. Have you seen the difference between for example Assassins Creed 4 on PS3 against PS4? It's like a night and day ordeal.

I'm confused here, I mean the last thing I read with your posts besides this thread you were looking for a PS4... 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (150 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Oct 22, 2013
I understand your concern and it may be true but we have to see the better and bigger picture here. If the MP of KZ SF is good then we should be happy. For me the campaign will be great and with those visuals even better. I saw the MP and it looked cool and pretty. It did not look like COD or even BF so I will still get it ( also getting BF4). But thats my opinion but we shall see what happens in a couple of weeks. We are so close to PS4.

Proud Member Of The PlayStation LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
Extra Life page. Help me help others. Thanks.
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=portal.fundraisingPage
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Oct 23, 2013

yeah but you really can't do much with gameplay when it comes to FPS. Unless they can make you change your camera views but that's no longer "FPS".

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

Oct 23, 2013

I guess im the only one that feels no single and co-op campain is lazy as hell. Development has to be short. Few new maps and  bam you got a new game. Pay no attention to me I dont play FPS pvp games. Can anyone suggest a good FPS with a lot more campain/story and co-op campain to it? Isnt a co-cp campain multiplayer?  thanks for any suggestions.

Member: Geezers In Arms
Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
Member: Drive Club "Wheels N Motion"
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (93 Views)
0 Likes