Aug 06 2014
By: Amook11 First Son 3 posts

3d Fractal "Mandelbulb" for PS4 suggestion .

[ Edited ]
4 replies 136 views Edited Aug 6, 2014

I wantetd to just share this with every one and also developers and game makers Im not sure if its right place for it or not. if any one knows more appropriate website/ email suggesion for playstation please let me know .

3d fractals are the coolest thing iv ever seen in my life . there is an application for  pc and mac that you can explore endless 3d fractals and even create your own lanscape but it need very powerfull CPU /GPU to run it in realtime .which can be very costly for pc . I can imagine how smooth this app will run on PS4 .  Is there any way that I can run this app on ps4 . or mabey it can be idea for new game on PSN ? 

JUST look it up on youtube  ''3d fractal mandelbulb''    to get the idea of how it looks and what you can do with it .

here is a link to one vid >>>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_dey8YBKjE

I would love to see this app on ps4 .   

please let me know what you think of it ? 

cheers.

AM

Message 1 of 5 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
452 posts

Re: 3d Fractal "Mandelbulb" for PS4 suggestion .

Aug 6, 2014

I hadn't ever seen this before, but I share an appreciation for fractals.

Thanks for sharing this. I thought this was very cool. Trippy even.

It's doubtful that this will come to PS4 in any shape or form, but I would love it if it did. The music visualizer MILKDROP does 2d fractals in real time, and even that is very nice to look at. I would love it if Sony did something like this for their eventual PS4 media player. We need some cool visualizers!

Message 2 of 5 (114 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Aug 7, 2014

Im glad you liked it . Im sure most people will be amazed by 3d fractals once they learn about it . its real trippy watch it on big screen .it blows minds :d  . ps4 can even take it to next level and make it avalibale for project morpheus. imagine how trippy that wuld be!!

i also think its doubtful it will come for ps4 but atleats now there is forum about this on internet. people who like 3d fractal and own ps4 can vote this up mabey we see this in future . who knows .

Message 3 of 5 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9668 posts

Aug 7, 2014

I just looked at the application itself on my Mac.  I think the concept would be cool, but to work as an app on the PS4, it would need to be really, really simplified, which would probably sap a lot of the power out of the process.

The interface itself is not very user friendly, as it is just a bunch of text entry boxes and radio buttons.  To get a fractal of your own design, you really need to know what numbers to put where, otherwise you are just going to end up with random patterns (which can be cool, too).

I agree that fractals are extremely cool, but it takes a really special knowledge of the numbers you enter to get your desired results.

Message 4 of 5 (84 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Aug 11, 2014

@BBurgSteve   100% agree with you. It needs to be simplified , narrow down the numbers for you . or giving you a toturial on how to play with it. im sure if they want to they can come up with some good easy to use app.

I want to see this as game where you are given hunders of diffrent  formulas to explore .and be able to take high res pictures and videos to share .   plus a ''create your own'' option for those who want to build their uniqe fractals . 

Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)
0 Likes