Highlighted
Apr 23 2013
By: Capybara0711 First Son 2 posts

4th birthday?

4 replies 138 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

I got a message from 2 players about the PS3's "4th Birthday", stating if I send to my friends list, I will get a code, not thinking of it, I did. I got the code from someone else and I was going to do it, but I stopped myslef and thought,  there's no way the PS3 came out '09. Is there anything I should do like report them for scamming or just leave it be?

Message 1 of 5 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Re: 4th birthday?

Apr 23, 2013
Probably just leave it be
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 2 of 5 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Apr 23, 2013
The messages you received were what is called "chain mail." Simply put, chain mail is fake and should not be believed. Chain mail often has people claiming to be Sony employees or even Kevin Butler telling you to resend this message to your friends in order to receive free PSN money.

You can report them if you'd like to. To do this, hover over the message, press Triangle, and select "Grief Report" and report them for a reason that you see fit.
Message 3 of 5 (130 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Those messages are ALWAYS lies. They often make it say something like "I have tried this and it works" which is odd because you have to send that message before trying the code. It is fake. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 4 of 5 (127 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9607 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Capybara0711 wrote:

I got a message from 2 players about the PS3's "4th Birthday", stating if I send to my friends list, I will get a code, not thinking of it, I did. I got the code from someone else and I was going to do it, but I stopped myslef and thought,  there's no way the PS3 came out '09. Is there anything I should do like report them for scamming or just leave it be?

I got that same spam message a few times over the years. That spam message is full of lies. PS3 was released November 11, 2006, PS3 is almost 7 years old. Sony does not keep track of our PSN messages. Sony will not pay you to send message to your friends. It is a violation of the PSN Terms of Service to send spam to your friends. The code is from an unregistered PSN card and the code WILL NOT WORK.

oh-boy.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 5 of 5 (100 Views)