PlayStation MVP
8089 posts

Re: 49 Things you should know about the PS4!

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Lainer130 wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Lainer130 wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Lainer130 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Color coded for your replies!

1. The PS4 will require PlaystationPlus for "Multiplayer" gameplay. This does NOT follow onto anything else on the PlaystationNetwork.

Sorry but that's incorrect, it will but only if the developer says so, so most yes, but NOT all multiplayer games will require a PS Plus Subscription.

Also the other poster da1writer didn't post their own poll just a link to an external third-party poll, they broke no Forum rules 514!

BRIT-KO

That makes no sense.  Why would any developer in their right mind limit the user base for no reason?  Is it just a matter of Sony hosting the servers?  Because most games now are peer to peer  on PS3.  From the looks of things EA does pretty good for itself renting its dedicated server space to the public.  I don't really see the motivation for all this PS+/multiplayer stuff.

Money.

How does selling less copies of a game make you money?

Those "less" copies dont mean anything when there is a subscription fee.

How does that help devolpers that are not Sony owned?

What are you talking about?!?! Third party devs who make their subscription fees for their games will recieve the money not sony

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 121 of 122 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Re: 49 Things you should know about the PS4!

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

They will eventually buy it. 

What point are you trying to make? 

Not, 10s of Millions didn't eventually buy the PS3, no! They bought the 360 instead. = That's how the PS3 never saw PS2 like numbers

The point is, SONY lost market share because of poor decisions, and it greatly hurt them financially. Doesn't matter if SOME eventually buy it, if games don't sell well SONY loses a ton of support/money regardless. 

Message 122 of 122 (56 Views)
0 Likes