PlayStation MVP
7593 posts

Re: 49 Things you should know about the PS4!

Jul 7, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Color coded for your replies!

1. The PS4 will require PlaystationPlus for "Multiplayer" gameplay. This does NOT follow onto anything else on the PlaystationNetwork.

Sorry but that's incorrect, it will but only if the developer says so, so most yes, but NOT all multiplayer games will require a PS Plus Subscription.

Also the other poster da1writer didn't post their own poll just a link to an external third-party poll, they broke no Forum rules 514!

BRIT-KO

Didnt want to take the chance :smileytongue:

Isnt that for Free 2 Play games though? 

Message 41 of 122 (167 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Cross platform games have definitely not been set equally during this generation. In Madden 11, Madden 12, NBA2K12, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 - 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops 1 & 2 if you compare the PS3 version side-by-side with the Xbox 360 version, you will see that the Xbox version has gotten extra attention to detail on the graphics in every case on these games.

If you look at the detail in the turfs and spectators in the background in the Madden games, you will very easily see that the Xbox version was very clearly favored. In NBA2k12, the spectators and court details are more defined on Xbox, and in Call of Duty, the game targets 60fps on 360 where it targets 30fps on PS3 along with more detailed on the textures of the guns and buildings than what the PS3 version got.

Have the PS3 and Xbox 360 been treated equally… no they most certainly have not.
My PSN
Message 42 of 122 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4925 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
Cross platform games have definitely not been set equally during this generation. In Madden 11, Madden 12, NBA2K12, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 - 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops 1 & 2 if you compare the PS3 version side-by-side with the Xbox 360 version, you will see that the Xbox version has gotten extra attention to detail on the graphics in every case on these games.

If you look at the detail in the turfs and spectators in the background in the Madden games, you will very easily see that the Xbox version was very clearly favored. In NBA2k12, the spectators and court details are more defined on Xbox, and in Call of Duty, the game targets 60fps on 360 where it targets 30fps on PS3 along with more detailed on the textures of the guns and buildings than what the PS3 version got.

Have the PS3 and Xbox 360 been treated equally… no they most certainly have not.

Agreed, I used Digital Foundry a lot when I had a 360 to see the differences between third party games. That's where the comparison ends though. PlayStation 3's first party exclusives are just not possible on anything else, The Last Of Us is a good example. Next generation, the hardware differences look almost identical on paper but if you read my last post, developers would beg to differ, check my posts a few back, I provide links. The PS4 has vastly more resources available to game developers as little is being used for the OS. The Xbox One takes about a third of its hardware resources and dumps it into the OS, leaving very little left for game develops to work with. Game developers have already spoken, PS4 will be superior this next gen and be cheaper and developer friendly (which was the reason why a lot of multiplatform games looking not on par with 360, PS3 was hard to develop for and only first party studios knew the ins and out of the console).

Message 43 of 122 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Thanks! I needed this.
Message 44 of 122 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

da1writer wrote:

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

First of all the difference isn't as awesome as you think it is... 50% more doesn't mean 50% better... it is a rather small difference. These are consoles remember? Not computers.

50% More " powerful " is a line sony is using to market, it does not translate into actually 50% better or even that much of a difference.. remember that most cross platform games were even capped by developers this gen? Even if this were to not happen this generation with current televisions and the specs provided from both sides I would be surprised if you could see a difference in games at ALL.. it has also been said that the PS4 may work unnecessarily harder and that doesn't always mean something good.

Opinion, not fact.

Here is a famous line people use on the interwebs far too often...

" Google It "

FiveFourteen wrote:

You_Silly_Humans wrote:
For the record number 19 is an opinion not a fact.

Not if the PS4 will have better specs. It may be written as an opinion, but it is actually a fact. :smileywink:

Forbes would like to talk with ya, read all the article or at least the bottom of it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/06/15/sony-playstation-4-launch-edition-already-sold-o...

Oh and specs are better on PS4, here's another article for you to read. Enjoy!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/game/3452022/ps4-vs-xbox-one-comparison-review/

PS4 will actually be 8 cores for games, 7GB of Fast Gddr5 ram available for games (1GB set aside for OS), No GPU used for OS (additional dedicated hardware has been put inside for video out for the OS, just like there is a dedicated chip for remote play streaming).

Xbox One will have 6 cores for games (2 cores set aside for the OS) , 5gb of slow DDR3 ram (3gb set aside for OS), 10% of gpu will be used for the OS. Yeah, the PS4 has better specs, sorry to burst your bubble.

http://ps4daily.com/2013/04/playstation-4-developers-7-gb-ram/

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/05/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-os-uses-3gb-ram-5gb-ram-for-games/

Knowledge is power, the PS4 has plenty of power.

P.s. Dualshock 4 touch pad a clickable button, multiple sites state it, here's one:

http://playstationgang.com/ps4-dualshock-4-touchpad-is-also-a-button/

Would like to add that while the additional esram may help things with the Xbox One, it sadly isn't enough compared to the PS4 tech. While 1080p native will be for the PS4 with no upscaling, Xbox Ones downgraded tech will only be 720p again (but will be native standard) with only a few games possible for 1080p native, but upscaling will be standard.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware

On paper you are correct, however even one of your own articles states that on paper, and on your T.V. are two different things http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/game/3452022/ps4-vs-xbox-one-comparison-review/, the truth is you can post as many fan boy links you want of people whining about Microsofts policies, but I think you will be surprised.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 45 of 122 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4925 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

@You_Silly_Humans Those are fanboy websites? Those are pulling dev info from other sites. Where exactly do you want me to pull my information from? Would Neo gaf suffice or something. It seems to me that you might be in a bit of denial. I mentioned that the specs were similar on paper but Sony gives developers more resources to use for games (have you seen screen shots, apparently the PS4 OS looks like as simplistic as the xmb but with more visual cues). Microsoft focused on the multifunction of the console so of course the Xbox One uses more resources for the OS (Microsoft even admited before and during the E3 conference, 3 OS on top of each other, 3gb would be needed to run it along with 2 cores). Mark Whitten, Microsoft's Chief Product Officer, for crying out loud said it in an interview, what more do you want!

http://www.handytips.info/1141/microsoft-xbox-one-has-5gb-ram-usable-for-games-3gb-for-os/

Again, where else do you want me to pull my info from since you apparently don't believe my links. I got plenty to choose from since you can't Google for **bleep** sake. Your low post count is making me question your own information, I know you are getting both but holy crap, the facts are in front of your face and only you wish to ignore them.

Ann article for you, it's about Mark Cerney, the technological genius behind the PS4 and how it works. If you aren't impressed with his thinking, you're more lost than I thought.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191007/inside_the_playstation_4_with_mark_.php

Message 46 of 122 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

You are a pro! my friend haha i laughed so hard the ouya is a gimmick Android game console

Message 47 of 122 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Its nice

1. Its like Games for windows LIVE/XboxLIVE but you only pay for online gameplay thats okay with me

3. Its alright no true denial on the price

5. Rumors go of on October but mostly be on November

7. Just because it includes a camera does not mean it will spy on you and the PS4 was originaly going to have its PSeye included and for the whole spy thing its just silly people. So i have a webcam my pc is always online and my OS is Windows "Windows contains NSA software" this means that they can access my PC and spy on me when ever given same will be for the Xbox but its also with phones and other internet connecteded machines were being spied on daily clearly the Xbox One makes no difference.

9. I never buy used games so that never gave me a real reason to hype it during its E3

10. DRM is on PC "Steam and Uplay" it does not affect me at all every game i buy has its code and its DRM im so used to it its normal for me. I personally boycott Used games i dont support that idea at all.

11. I would never give my game to my friends or lend and since im on PC its not possible to do so

12. Looks like stairs

19. Did you see the Assassins creed gameplay at E3? it had issues or the Knack gameplay? it froze up

33. I herd the Xbox One disc speeds are more faster that the console was built to be flat down to prevent the failure the Xbox had with Disc

scratching. PS4 improving disc reading is nice maybe it will load much faster

42. What on earth will that work for?

Message 48 of 122 (98 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jul 7, 2013
19: Sony used actual prototype hardware where microsft didn't. They used high end PCs
My PSN
Message 49 of 122 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 7, 2013

The PS4 wont be available to those who dontpreorder because they will all be sold out for this year and those who wont or didnt pre order will have to wait till around february 2014. **bleep**

Message 50 of 122 (79 Views)
0 Likes