First Son
9 posts

Re: 49 Things you should know about the PS4!

Jul 7, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
19: Sony used actual prototype hardware where microsft didn't. They used high end PCs

? explain?

both the xbox and playstation are just low end pcs, they both use pc components.

Message 51 of 122 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I get tired of the whole specs thing the PS4 and Xbox One are just video game consoles with low end pc components people still argue that Xbox One is weaker in hardware.. actually not really well to me it isnt the Xbox One has the more advanced technology while the PS4 is mainly a upgrade to the GPU and more RAM included.

And to the poster of this message you act like you know everything about the console you know posts similar like this is what gets the fray going on right? its best to let the Official companies alone explain and reveal the specs instead of having other people bash the other company by using other peoples hard work in there articles when in several cases turn out to be near 60% false most are based of rumors anyway.

Here let me give you my 6 sents on my thoughts on the consoles:

I think the PS4 is eh compared to the Xbox One that is eh.

The PS4 is hideously disgusting looking YES im picky about appearances

AL.Xbox One looks more acceptable to keep in my room i mean the PS4 is so ugly i would want it out of eye sight good thing its small i would easily hide it. I dont like the design

BE.The controller on the PS4 is nothing new i still dont like the tumbsticks positions its still small my fingers hurt using the PS3 controller aa it is and a Touchpad.... why? what could you possibly do with a touchpad? its like the Wii U with that screen on the controller. Hate the controller design.

Xbox One

AL. Design is fine there is nothing wrong with it its sleek and black and it is built to sit down and not stand up so its fine

BE. Controller of Xbox's are always the best the new controller is perfect i like its new elegant design and i like the fact it didnt put nothing on it in the center and stayed soly buttons and thumbsticks

OM. Kinect being mandatory yea well i dont like the fact it has to sit there on doing nothing but it sure might have features to Flex the power. So dont want the Kinect on just flex its power im sure a function will exist to do so

Message 52 of 122 (106 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38791 posts

Jul 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Color coded for your replies!

1. The PS4 will require PlaystationPlus for "Multiplayer" gameplay. This does NOT follow onto anything else on the PlaystationNetwork.

Sorry but that's incorrect, it will but only if the developer says so, so most yes, but NOT all multiplayer games will require a PS Plus Subscription.

Also the other poster da1writer didn't post their own poll just a link to an external third-party poll, they broke no Forum rules 514!

BRIT-KO

Didnt want to take the chance Smiley Tongue

Isnt that for Free 2 Play games though? 

I understand what you're saying, perhaps it's the wording that is slightly confusing for people, 'free-to-play' isn't a term I'm used to & again is also confusing, my vew is that although the vast majority of games would require a Plus Subscription not all will, the developer will decide that.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 53 of 122 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Awesome list. Ive shared it to a few friends. 

Message 54 of 122 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Crescendo_66 wrote:

I get tired of the whole specs thing the PS4 and Xbox One are just video game consoles with low end pc components people still argue that Xbox One is weaker in hardware.. actually not really well to me it isnt the Xbox One has the more advanced technology while the PS4 is mainly a upgrade to the GPU and more RAM included.

And to the poster of this message you act like you know everything about the console you know posts similar like this is what gets the fray going on right? its best to let the Official companies alone explain and reveal the specs instead of having other people bash the other company by using other peoples hard work in there articles when in several cases turn out to be near 60% false most are based of rumors anyway.

both the xbox and ps4 have similar specs, ps4 is just a bit more powerful. what do you mean xbox has more advanced technology? both the playstation and xbox are using modern, low end pc parts. They are just a small form factor computer. How is the ps4 only an upgrade to the gpu and more ram? lets see here:

* Faster processor

* More efficient processor

* Faster memory

* More memory

* More efficient and clean power supply

* Less heat output

It is a moderate step up in every way.

Message 55 of 122 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

With Kinect the Xbox One shows new features and with the new controller its a huge improvement have you seen the controller? its goregous man i as a PC user will buy the new controller to play my PC games with

Sure the PS4 has better Memory, Electrical Flexibility, Faster Processing etc..

But why is the Xbox the bad guy when it comes to specs that tend to be a tad lower?

* Faster processor "Let the games speak on that"

* More efficient processor

* Fast memory "Have you seen the Xbox One's Multitasking it is very fast and fluid"

* Partition memory

8GB but some will be used by the 3 Running OS but the Xbox One is also Cloud Powered.

* More efficient power supply "All devices/machines are power efficent now adays"

* Moderate / Less heat output

* Kinect Flexability "Since it is strictly required or the machine will not work without it"

"My guesses on such features"

Microphone I/O On or Off

Camera Power Flex

Sensetivity features

Custom Kinect Adjust features 

Oh right the Xbox One will also have such abilities as well do you think Microsoft would just make a bigger box with a bigger power supply? i personally dought it.

Message 56 of 122 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Peteeey_ wrote:

the_ed_85 wrote:
19: Sony used actual prototype hardware where microsft didn't. They used high end PCs

? explain?

both the xbox and playstation are just low end pcs, they both use pc components.

He is talking about that during E3, Microsoft used REAL desktops with higher end cards than the X1 actually had, while Sony used actual final hardware (just dev kits, but its the same hardware).

Message 57 of 122 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Kinect would watch you take a dump if you put it in your toilet.

Which seemingly since it does watch you 24/7 is the most appropriate place for it. Way down, buried under the turds.

Based on that fact that we actually all do know... THE XBOX One could be the best technological advance ever. it could the console to end all consoles, but it doesn't matter.

It does something no console should do. Anyone who buys it is an idiot.

If they remove Kinect, i will retract my statement, but until then I'll be anti Microsoft consoles.

Message 58 of 122 (71 Views)
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Jul 7, 2013
I don't know if anyone posted this but you can remove the HDD and replace it with an internal HDD (unsure if 2.5" or 3.5").
Message 59 of 122 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I just dont understand the PlayStation fans

Aureilia how can you say that is it because you think the Xbox One is built to be a spyer? or the simple fact that it is Xbox and Xbox is the enemy of PlayStation.

So

If the Xbox charges you a fee to play its wrong but if PS4 does it its fine?

If the Xbox attempts to create a feature to share your games digitally its wrong but if Valve does it its right?

If DRM is established on the Xbox One its wrong but when the PC does it its right? "I was looking forward to those features but the funny thing is the people who went against it are not even buying the Xbox One" but no and also didnt Sony have the Online Pass? which restricts online gameplay with used games forcing you to pay for online play features But no its Sony its fine if they do this.

And like i said PS4 was going to include the PSeye but no offense we all know the PSeye could never compete with the Kinect the PSeye is a absalute no contest versus the Kinect and if Sony does it its alright.. of course.

If the Xbox One includes the optional "OPTIONAL" feature to watch LIVE TV its wrong and a gimick but most of the PS3 fanbays watch Netlfix on there PS3s "PS3 is the most used device for watching Netflix" --"DO YOU PLAY YOUR GAMES? or Watch TV? or MOVIES?"... yeah its Sony if Sony does it is fine but Xbox is wrong.

Microsoft is Greedy all they want is money.. "My silence stands in intermission for 20 seconds" its a company! they are all in it for Money what do you think Microsoft is in it to be a charity and give you stuff? no there blunt and honest you want to play our games you have to pay.. there is nothing wrong with that its a company.

Sony cares for the consumers They Do Not Care About You they see you as a consumer but Sony pampers you guys so much with all this free games used game etc.. that its no wonder you prefer Sony but the sad thing is you guys dont support Sony if you knew better Used games are bad for the company it does not contribute to them at all this is why sony is selling there office buildings to pay there debts.

The removal of DRM from the Xbox One did not save gaming nor the gamers it only made it a happy day for GameStop that pathetic Pawn Shop for games.

Im pro Microsoft "PC / Games For Windows / Steam / Uplay" i buy my games new and actually support the company i like i dont want to see them go Chapter 11 like THQ.

You Sony fans i really dont understand any of you your to overprided with your brand

Message 60 of 122 (65 Views)
0 Likes