Aug 31 2010
By: Wormio First Son 24 posts

About the Premium Avatars

9 replies 35 views Edited Aug 31, 2010

I just bought the mega man 10 avatar today, from my second PSN account: AmericanWormio. I use that account to buy stuff because my main account (Wormio) has Bahrain as the country, which doesn't have a PSN store...

What I want answered, is... why can't I use the avatar I bought on my main account?! Why is it only for the account that purchased it?! We can use games and everything else! But we can't use a simple avatar????

I really want this to change, there's currently NO WAY I can get a premium avatar for my main account! Since you can't change your country, there's no way at all!

Sony please look into this, this is really frustrating and I want it changed please.

What are your thoughts people? If there's a way, let me know...

Thanks.

PSN: Wormio.
Message 1 of 10 (35 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31713 posts

Re: About the Premium Avatars

Aug 31, 2010
Premium Avatars are indeed tied to the account that bought the Avatar, its been pretty much common knowledge for some time now, unfortunately you just found this out the hard way.
Message 2 of 10 (35 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 31, 2010

ya but I didn't know about it because I never cared about them, this avatar would be the first and last I'd buy.. I had my kratos avatar since I started my account!

Just today I changed it to sly cooper, but I really wanted to use mega man >.<

PSN: Wormio.
Message 3 of 10 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Sep 1, 2010

It seems a little odd that sony would protect avatars even on one machine, which are the cheapest things to buy, yet people have away around sharing games between consoles.

That was a word from the Tacoman
Message 4 of 10 (35 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Sep 1, 2010

TACOMANii wrote:

It seems a little odd that sony would protect avatars even on one machine, which are the cheapest things to buy, yet people have away around sharing games between consoles.

Avatars aren't tied to a console, they are tied to the PSN account that purchases them.

Message 5 of 10 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Sep 1, 2010

I had to buy premium avatars for all my other accounts just to avoid using the default ones.

Message 6 of 10 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Sep 1, 2010

ProfessorTripp wrote:

TACOMANii wrote:

Avatars aren't tied to a console, they are tied to the PSN account that purchases them.

I know, who said otherwise?

That was a word from the Tacoman
Message 7 of 10 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Sep 1, 2010

I hate that, wish we can tie them to other account' my bro wanted the same avatar as me but he found out we need to buy them ourselves

BRIT-KO wrote:
Premium Avatars are indeed tied to the account that bought the Avatar, its been pretty much common knowledge for some time now, unfortunately you just found this out the hard way.

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 8 of 10 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4102 posts

Sep 1, 2010

Might as well say, I bought pants for me when I'm 45lbs heavier.  How come they won't fit me now?

Message 9 of 10 (35 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Sep 4, 2011

Agreed. Just bought an LBP avatar for my wife on my account (hoping to share with her on her account) was really disappointed to learn about this "the hard way." I hope this is something Sony looks into in the near future. My $40 purchases can be shared between accounts, but a sprite that sells for $.49 can't? Ludicrous!

Get your Portable ID!

I'm not a noob; I just have a life, a wife and a son.
Message 10 of 10 (35 Views)
0 Likes