Dec 16 2012
By: CutterTML First Son 2 posts

Add-on Problems

[ Edited ]
4 replies 452 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

I bought the add-ons from PSN this week and cant get them in the game to show, i read that u may have to download latest update from Online prtion of game and then what????

I need good instrcutions plz

Edit: Added label & updated subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 5 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Addon problems

Jun 22, 2013

I had the same problem. What you need to do is go in the 'Online' section after you've purchased and downloaded the add-on content and then the needed versions will download to you're PS 3 automatically. You should ba able to use the content afterwards.

Message 2 of 5 (246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Same problem,only now,on hot shots out of bounds,you can't go online from game,service ended 10/31/13,but,you can still purchase ad ons,as I just did,and,ps3 shows them download,but,they don't show up in the game,any other suggestions?

Message 3 of 5 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2013

I hadn't played this game in months but decided to play it last night.  At that time I learned that the online component was discontinued on 10/31/13.  I own the disc version of the game and had purchased all of the DLC are various times in the past five years.  Since the last time I played this game, I changed the HDD in my PS3 so any patch data I had was obviously lost.  Without being able to download a patch or the "latest" version of this game via online, I am no longer able to utilize any of the DLC content.  Sadly, this was confirmed through a Sony rep just hours ago.  So it would appear that I now own rhe vanilla version of this game, being that I can no longer download any kind of patch that would allow me access to every bit of DLC I had previously purchased.  The only option I can see as even a remote possibility is getting the PSN Complete Bundle but I'm wondering if all of the DLC is playable that way because it sure as hell doesn't work anymore with the disc version.     

Message 4 of 5 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 20, 2014

I recently upgraded my PS3's hard drive...

This morning I put in HSG: Out of Bounds, installed and then went to the PS Store to download my addons.

I successfully downloaded and installed them, but they would not show up in game.  I could not believe that turning off the online multiplayer servers also killed game updates, rendering all (yes, I bought everything) the DLC useless.

It took 3 hours of support chat online, with 4 representatives, and a phone call to a Customer Service Supervisor...  but I was eventually able to get a refund for all the DLC I purchased.

Note to Sony:  DO NOT tie DLC and game updates to the multiplayer side of a game.

Message 5 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes