Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Nov 20 2013
By: JazzieJeff First Son 4 posts
Offline

Adobe Flash Player

10 replies 336 views Edited Nov 20, 2013

Will PS4 support Adobe Flash Player on the Web Browser.  It is also quite disappointing that I cannot access YouTube on my PS4?  Are either of these features be added?  I hope sooner than later.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (336 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/13/2005
Offline
179 posts
 

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Nov 20, 2013

Only time will tell. Nothing has been said about it but can only hope so in the future. Flash is up to adobe though who can be pretty strict on their licensing sometimes hence the lack of mobile support.

Message 2 of 11 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/15/2007
Offline
6529 posts
 

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Nov 20, 2013

youtube.com/tv


     Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 3 of 11 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/17/2013
Offline
251 posts
 

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Nov 20, 2013
I hope so. Its quite essential
Message 4 of 11 (282 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15778 posts
 

Re: Adobe Flash Player

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Flash is dead..... Adobe abandoned it years ago.... HTML5 is where its at.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/11/adobe-kills-mobile-flash/

While Flash is still being somewhat supported by Adobe through AIR plugins (no, not those scented things for your home), I have yet to run across a website that uses anything but HTML5 these days.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 5 of 11 (277 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/24/2000
Offline
3790 posts
 

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Nov 20, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Flash is dead..... Adobe abandoned it years ago.... HTML5 is where its at.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/11/adobe-kills-mobile-flash/

While Flash is still being somewhat supported by Adobe through AIR plugins (no, not those scented things for your home), I have yet to run across a website that uses anything but HTML5 these days.


Mobile Flash is dead and is what Adobe isn't supporting anymore. Regular Flash however, I literally just did an update 5 minutes ago. Desktop Flash is still around and kicking... but certainly starting to die off.

Message 6 of 11 (264 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/12/2009
Online
5959 posts
 

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Nov 20, 2013

JazzieJeff wrote:

Will PS4 support Adobe Flash Player on the Web Browser.  It is also quite disappointing that I cannot access YouTube on my PS4?  Are either of these features be added?  I hope sooner than later.  Thanks!


Probably not, considering flash is a dying breed. 

"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 7 of 11 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15778 posts
 

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Nov 21, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Flash is dead..... Adobe abandoned it years ago.... HTML5 is where its at.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/11/adobe-kills-mobile-flash/

While Flash is still being somewhat supported by Adobe through AIR plugins (no, not those scented things for your home), I have yet to run across a website that uses anything but HTML5 these days.


Mobile Flash is dead and is what Adobe isn't supporting anymore. Regular Flash however, I literally just did an update 5 minutes ago. Desktop Flash is still around and kicking... but certainly starting to die off.


You updated your flash? Why?

I haven't updated mine in like 6months and thats only because every 6months I reformat my laptop for a fresh Windows install.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 8 of 11 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/24/2000
Offline
3790 posts
 

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Nov 21, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You updated your flash? Why?

I haven't updated mine in like 6months and thats only because every 6months I reformat my laptop for a fresh Windows install.


 

Honestly - I have no idea. I think it has something to do with the fact I have Adobe CC installed. I just opened up something and suddenly my browser was asking me to update my player so I did. Creature of habit I suppose. :smileytongue:

Message 9 of 11 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/31/2013
Offline
734 posts
 

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Nov 21, 2013
I cant wait for html5. Flash is old
Message 10 of 11 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes