Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
26 posts

Re: All the reasons why this xbox gamer switched over and many as well.

Jun 25, 2013

There are alot of benifits on Playstation then Xbox. This is why xbox is better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://psnprofiles.com/Yexw
The one an only Yexw.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Hardcore 360 fanatic that has owned a PS3 for a couple years now. I think PS4 will be my main console next gen because it is less ridiculous even after Microsofts back tracking, cheaper, more powerful and has better exclusives. I may still get an X1 but it needs some really good exclusives first. I will miss that controller though.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I can afford it, but I will wait the Xbox out to see new exclusives.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Houstonheart wrote:

Getting a PS4 doesn't mean someone is "Switchign over". 

Or, maybe it does.  I was content having both an Xbox and a PS3, and didn't need to get rid of the Xbox in order to pay for a PS3.  But, E3 Day One both made up my mind that I'm getting a PS4 and galvanized my opinions against Microsoft for its draconian DRM and connection policies.

I no longer own an Xbox, and I have no intention of ever owning one, again.  It may yet be that the future of gaming is a download-only paradigm not unlike the Steam model.  But, by failing to recognize the current mindset of hardcore gamers and by thinking itself so mighty that it could dictate policy to everyone, Microsoft made it clear that it wasn't concerned with our opinions.  Only when preorder numbers became such an apparently mighty victory for Sony did MS change its policy.  In stark contrast stands Sony, with a renewed and invigorated focus on gamers, games, and developers.  

I have switched over.  For real, and for good.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (114 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
516 posts

Jun 25, 2013
This man is a genius
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
371 posts

Jun 25, 2013

First off, Welcome to the Playstation Nation.

It's interesting to see gamers who are, I wouldn't say switching, but found a new home for their gaming purposes on Playstation platforms. Even a co-worker of mine is buying a PS4, despite being a long time Xbox 360 owner.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Microsoft did everything wrong with the Xbox One. They decided to tell gamers to give them their money and then go screw themselves, then when they had the best opportunity to try to redeem themselves, they made absolute no mention of it. They directly lied about XB One software running on XB One hardware (was actually being run on HP desktops with Windows 7 and high-end Nvidia GTX 700 series video cards). Microsoft's entire announcement conference is now under speculation of being 100% fake from the multitasking to the Skype conversation to the Spielberg inclusion to the hand gestures. Then you have MS employees hounding people at Best Buy that want to test out some Wii-U games to pre-order an XBOX One, and even get to the point where they get told by the Best Buy customers to either get out of their faces or face an angry group.

Then there's the whole thing with MS changing their policies on DRM. They say that they did it to because they heard what the gamers wanted. If that was the case, they would have said so at E3 either right at the start or at the end in order to try to redeem themselves. No, they waited until there was a 17:1 approval rating for PS4 over XBOX One and preorders for PS4 were very quickly outpacing the XBOX One. MS doesn't care about the gamers at all. All they care about is their profit margins.

Sony has made their system cheaper, clearly cared about their fanbase, made it so that PSN and PS+ will both be improved (I support the requirement for PS+ to play online. I'm pretty poor and don't have enough to usually do subscriptions but getting PS3 and PS4 games for free, getting better online quality because of my PS+ subscription, and possibly having getting PS1/2/3 B/C through emulation or streaming through Gaikai will only help the PS4 and the Playstation brand as a whole.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jun 25, 2013
I currently have a 360 and use it soley for gaming. I am making the switch. I gatheted from everything i have heard/read that the PS4 is a gaming system first and all the other stuff is secondary,unlike the othe guy. Both look like solid machines but at the end of the day I just want to play awesome (and the occasional awful) games .
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

Jun 25, 2013

sleepyeyes2k2 wrote:

Houstonheart wrote:

Getting a PS4 doesn't mean someone is "Switchign over". 

Or, maybe it does.  I was content having both an Xbox and a PS3, and didn't need to get rid of the Xbox in order to pay for a PS3.  But, E3 Day One both made up my mind that I'm getting a PS4 and galvanized my opinions against Microsoft for its draconian DRM and connection policies.

I no longer own an Xbox, and I have no intention of ever owning one, again.  It may yet be that the future of gaming is a download-only paradigm not unlike the Steam model.  But, by failing to recognize the current mindset of hardcore gamers and by thinking itself so mighty that it could dictate policy to everyone, Microsoft made it clear that it wasn't concerned with our opinions.  Only when preorder numbers became such an apparently mighty victory for Sony did MS change its policy.  In stark contrast stands Sony, with a renewed and invigorated focus on gamers, games, and developers.  

I have switched over.  For real, and for good.

This is pretty much where I stand, as well.  I have stated before that I may opt to buy an old 360 again, if only for the XBLA titles that I had paid for, but, to be completely frank, I just fail to see the point.  I got my money's worth out of those games.  So, it's more of a 70/30 chance (not getting one/getting one) at this point.

Even though I was there from the beginning with Sony, I stood by Microsoft for a long time.  Microsoft showed its true colors, as did Sony.  Business decisions or not, the ethos of both companies is clear. 

I'm sticking with Sony.

If you're one of the ones who feels they can have both, power to you.  It's just not for me.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (52 Views)
0 Likes