Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 01 2006
By: stoicism99~ First Son 2 posts

An open call to Sony Content Managers -- Please update the Playstation Store!

7 replies 8 views Edited Dec 1, 2006
This is an open call; a desperate plea to any and all executives at Sony.

You are multimedia conglomerate with hundreds of singers, hundreds of television properties and thousands of movies within your media catalog.

Having purchased my PS3 on launch day, I was MOST excited, believe it or not, by the Playstation Store. I knew that Sony would blow Microsoft out of the water with its vast media catalog that could be easily incorporated using an iTunes methodology to allow access to all of its content.

Sony Music could feature one artist per week, starting with their heavy hitters like Jessica Simpson (1) and bring one to three songs per artist online at 99 cents with a free video (like on the musicbox website) to entice people to download the songs.

Sony Entertainment Studios could have had a mp4 version of Spiderman and Spider-Man II online from day one, with an mp4 set of trailers for Spiderman III in High Definition.

Sony Style could have videos showcasing their latest computers, cameras and televisions with a very modest rollout for content as well.

Sony, I have had my PS3 online since November 17th and you are losing my potential recurring revenue! I'm a consumer and I'm telling you that you are dropping the ball. The things I have put above are examples of cross-marketing your own products. But as your installed user base grows, just think what kind of advertising you can do outside of your own products... films possibly even *paying* to be distributed on your online service.

I implore you, hire a content manager if you have not already, and get him or her to implement something/anything along the lines of what I've suggested above! You do NOT only have to put games on the network!

You have a chance to create the largest hub in the world for digital entertainment distribution. Leverage your catalog of content!

Thank you,

Mark B.
A concerned investor, fanboy, and PS3 owner.

(1) I in no way, shape or form endorse Jessica Simpson; used only as an example because she's hot, if not the brightest person on the planet. That is all.
Message 1 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Re: An open call to Sony Content Managers

Dec 1, 2006
Ya, the store can use some improving. Sucks large now...
Online ID: fonz

JOIN fonzBoard.com!!!
Message 2 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2255 posts

Dec 1, 2006

fonziefonz wrote:
Ya, the store can use some improving. Sucks large now...

Doesnt really suck just need more content.  I cant wait for them to start placing Anime, and movie downloads. And to kick off the PSOne american downloads.
Message 3 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

Dec 1, 2006
Buying music on it would rock i thought of that the day i got my ps3
PSN: NinjaGaru - G.A.P. - Join Gamefly.

nox01
Message 4 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Dec 1, 2006
    Sony have done nothing with anything since they (barely) launched the console.  My patience is growing thin and I REALLY with I had Ebayed this thing.  I have not had one uninturrupted session of online gaming.  I have not had one experience with the PS3 online.  I can't communicate with my friends, my BT headset has a "broken" connection with the unit.  AND Resistance lost all audio for the third time since I had it last night.  I also got a save error message.  Luckily I had just saved before that and reverted to that save.  NOTHING IS WORKING AS IT SHOULD.  What the heel benifit did I get for being a first adopter of this new technology.  I'll tell you what...A PSP on steroids. 

WHAT A LETDOWN SONY.  YOUR DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT US.  I GET EH SAME CANNED ANSWERS TO EMAILS THAT I SEND TO YOUR SUPPORT TEAM.  I GET THE SAME ANSWERS FROM YOUR CSRs WHEN I CALL.  AND NONE OF THE ANSWERS FIX MY PROBLEMS.

END RANT...

Message Edited by LR_Se7eN on 12-01-2006 07:14 AM
Message 5 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4086 posts

Dec 1, 2006
Sony content managers don't look at the forums. Just be patient with the Playstation Store. I'm sure there are bugs on their side that they are trying to fix accordingly as well. Once everything smooths out, then the content would start flowing.

Whoever so sees my true identity, never has enough time to turn around.
Anticipation of Death is more feared than death itself.

PSN PsykoMantis
Message 6 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Re: An open call to Sony Content Managers -- Please update the Playstation

Dec 1, 2006
Its a nice start with what they have - 2 downloadable games, about 5 demos, 5 game trailers and about 8 or 9 movie trailers. I just wish they would update it more often (has there been a single update yet?) Supposedly "flOw" will be released on Monday so I'm hoping a new set of download content comes along with it. So far, it seems only SONY Content is available.. I'm sure other movie studios would love to put up trailers for their Blu Rays (And I'd love to watch them!) and demos.
The japanese store already has downloadable PSP titles available.
Message 7 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Dec 2, 2006

Alucard TheDestroyer wrote:
Sony content managers don't look at the forums. Just be patient with the Playstation Store. I'm sure there are bugs on their side that they are trying to fix accordingly as well. Once everything smooths out, then the content would start flowing.

True, they could hopefully sort out why it takes so long to download and why it's unresponsive at times and why I can't download any demo currently. Whenever I try to do so, it just takes me to the download without asking me to press start to ok the download. Then it doesn't start downloading, instead I cancel the operation and it comes up with an error message.
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 8 of 8 (8 Views)
0 Likes