Reply
Highlighted
May 22 2013
By: xLEMON_FRESHx Splicer 37 posts
Offline

Another defector

15 replies 211 views Edited May 22, 2013

Hola peeps.  Another defector here.

 Smiley LOL

Had a PS2 back in the day, but abandoned it for the XBOX, and then the 360.  The recent news from MS has made me rage, and I am gone.

-MS's screwing of the used game and rental markets 

-incessant nickle and diming 

-no backwards compatibility, screwing people out of thousands of dollars (arcade games, DLC, etc). 

--can't trade discs with family/friends 

-Kinect required to even power on. 

-always needing an internet connection. 

The last three are killer for me. Our household has 3 Xbox 360's. Some games, we share discs, especially single player games. I will not be buying three "licenses" at full price, so that my household can play the same **bleep** game. And while the Kinect issue pretty much sealed the deal for me, as I do not a camera/mic always on in my house, the last issue was the nail in the coffin. It is my console, and I will play the games that I buy when I **bleep** well please. 

In my opinion, MS will fail hard this time around. 

As for my household? Looks like I will be getting a PS4 (unless Sony goes along this same path of stupidity that MS took). The other two consoles in my house, that is up to them. But I refuse to play MS's game. 

So I am here.  Excited to see what Sony can offer.

Message 1 of 16 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2006
Online
4813 posts
 

Re: Another defector

May 22, 2013

The Prodigal Sons are returning! Once you been to the Dark Side, there really is no turning back!

 

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

 photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 2 of 16 (208 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
37 posts
 

Re: Another defector

May 23, 2013
yep

lol

Tentatively at least. Depends on whether or not Sony decides that they want to emulate Microsoft's stupidity.
Message 3 of 16 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Another defector

May 23, 2013

Pretty sure Playstation isnt the dark side if those things are true for Xbox

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 4 of 16 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/28/2008
Offline
11380 posts
 

Re: Another defector

May 23, 2013

xLEMON_FRESHx wrote:
yep

lol

Tentatively at least. Depends on whether or not Sony decides that they want to emulate Microsoft's stupidity.

So far, the only thing where M$ and Sony agree is that neither system will be natively backward compatible.  Sony is at least working on a solution.  There is a chance that previous generations of Playstation games will be playable through the Streaming Service 'Gaikai', not only on the PS4, but on the PS Vita, as well.

Message 5 of 16 (176 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
41886 posts
 

Re: Another defector

May 23, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community xLEMON_FRESHx.

 


xLEMON_FRESHx wrote:

Hola peeps.  Another defector here.

 Smiley LOL

Had a PS2 back in the day, but abandoned it for the XBOX, and then the 360.  The recent news from MS has made me rage, and I am gone.

 

I had a PS1/2 now 3, 4 to come this Christmas, in amongst the PS2/3 I also had my XBOX phase, I liked it, SBOX used to be good, but then , well, meh!

-MS's screwing of the used game and rental markets 

-incessant nickle and diming  - You'll probably accuse Sony of that too soon lol!

-no backwards compatibility, screwing people out of thousands of dollars (arcade games, DLC, etc).  The PS3 isn't B/C for PS2 games nor willl the PS4 be for PS3 games, except at some point using the 'cloud' feature when it will be possible.

--can't trade discs with family/friends 

-Kinect required to even power on. Yea I was reading about that & discussing it with my fellow MVP's earlier, that's an interesting one.

-always needing an internet connection. As above, you need it to start the game but once started it's ok or something?

The last three are killer for me. Our household has 3 Xbox 360's. Some games, we share discs, especially single player games. I will not be buying three "licenses" at full price, so that my household can play the same **bleep** game. And while the Kinect issue pretty much sealed the deal for me, as I do not a camera/mic always on in my house, the last issue was the nail in the coffin. It is my console, and I will play the games that I buy when I **bleep** well please. 

In my opinion, MS will fail hard this time around. 

As for my household? Looks like I will be getting a PS4 (unless Sony goes along this same path of stupidity that MS took). The other two consoles in my house, that is up to them. But I refuse to play MS's game. 

So I am here.  Excited to see what Sony can offer.

 

My comments above weren't to 'put you off', far from it, but even I know Sony is far from perfect & over time & assuming you do indeed defect you too will find things you don't like about Sony/PS3/4 too, but you're right, if MS goes down the road they appear to be travelling I can't see it ending well for them!


Welcome aboard.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg



Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 16 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
37 posts
 

Re: Another defector

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community xLEMON_FRESHx.

 

Thank you


xLEMON_FRESHx wrote:

Hola peeps.  Another defector here.

 Smiley LOL

Had a PS2 back in the day, but abandoned it for the XBOX, and then the 360.  The recent news from MS has made me rage, and I am gone.

 

I had a PS1/2 now 3, 4 to come this Christmas, in amongst the PS2/3 I also had my XBOX phase, I liked it, SBOX used to be good, but then , well, meh!

 

I had a PS way back in the 90's and was one of the lucky ones that got a PS2 on day one (though I had to get multiple new ones within a matter of months, because there were many many many issues.  lol).  WHen the PS3 came around, financially I could only choose one console, so it went to XBOX 360, as that was a bit cheaper, and all my friends had it.

-MS's screwing of the used game and rental markets 

-incessant nickle and diming  - You'll probably accuse Sony of that too soon lol!

I do not mind paying for stuff.  What bugs me is when people are taken advantage of.  I have not heard any complaints of that from friends that have a PS3, though I know SOny does do that in the MMORPG world.

I am coming into this kind of cautiously.  After the PS2 fiasco and then the Star Wars Galaxies thing, and a few others, I am kind of leery, but at the same time, I will not be funding MS anymore.  Best way to tell them to buzz off is by supporting the competitor. 


-no backwards compatibility, screwing people out of thousands of dollars (arcade games, DLC, etc).  The PS3 isn't B/C for PS2 games nor willl the PS4 be for PS3 games, except at some point using the 'cloud' feature when it will be possible.

That is fine, as I have no PS games at all.  Fresh start.  My issue was mostly with items like the XBLA, and now those people are screwed royally.

--can't trade discs with family/friends 

-Kinect required to even power on. Yea I was reading about that & discussing it with my fellow MVP's earlier, that's an interesting one.

Indeed.

-always needing an internet connection. As above, you need it to start the game but once started it's ok or something?

What I understand is that right now, they are saying it will need to check every 24 hours or so.  To me, that is unacceptable.  It is my console, and I will play it when I choose and where I choose.  I should not be locked out of playing because my console can't phone home.

The last three are killer for me. Our household has 3 Xbox 360's. Some games, we share discs, especially single player games. I will not be buying three "licenses" at full price, so that my household can play the same **bleep** game. And while the Kinect issue pretty much sealed the deal for me, as I do not a camera/mic always on in my house, the last issue was the nail in the coffin. It is my console, and I will play the games that I buy when I **bleep** well please. 

In my opinion, MS will fail hard this time around. 

As for my household? Looks like I will be getting a PS4 (unless Sony goes along this same path of stupidity that MS took). The other two consoles in my house, that is up to them. But I refuse to play MS's game. 

So I am here.  Excited to see what Sony can offer.

 

My comments above weren't to 'put you off', far from it, but even I know Sony is far from perfect & over time & assuming you do indeed defect you too will find things you don't like about Sony/PS3/4 too, but you're right, if MS goes down the road they appear to be travelling I can't see it ending well for them!


Welcome aboard.

 

BRIT-KO


I understand.  No worries.  I know that the grass is not always greener, and I know first hand that Sony does have its issues, some of which I am not too thrilled with.  But to me, Sony would be the lesser of two evils.

Plus, I am voting with my wallet.


Thanks for the welcome, and I should be around often.

My job requires me to sit and do nothing for 6+ hours, so I have time to kill
lol

 

Message 7 of 16 (163 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2006
Online
4813 posts
 

Re: Another defector

May 23, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

xLEMON_FRESHx wrote:
yep

lol

Tentatively at least. Depends on whether or not Sony decides that they want to emulate Microsoft's stupidity.

So far, the only thing where M$ and Sony agree is that neither system will be natively backward compatible.  Sony is at least working on a solution.  There is a chance that previous generations of Playstation games will be playable through the Streaming Service 'Gaikai', not only on the PS4, but on the PS Vita, as well.


I have a question regarding the Gaikai. The servers that will be playing these games, will they be fitted for the 7 Billion + or so Sony customers and I know there isn't that much but I don't have exact figure. Yet will there servers handle such a payload?

 

I wouldn't mind a small fee if I was able to play full games without paying a full retail price. It would be like Gamefly but without the wait.

 

Hmm wouldn't this put Gamestop and Gamefly down in the gutter? I mean why would people buy used games that could be found on Gaikai. Oh Oh do I see the death of Evil Corporate Gamestop???

 

Also are Trophies carrying over?

 

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

 

 photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 8 of 16 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
41886 posts
 

Re: Another defector

May 23, 2013

xLEMON_FRESHx wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community xLEMON_FRESHx.

 

Thank you


xLEMON_FRESHx wrote:

Hola peeps.  Another defector here.

 Smiley LOL

Had a PS2 back in the day, but abandoned it for the XBOX, and then the 360.  The recent news from MS has made me rage, and I am gone.

 

I had a PS1/2 now 3, 4 to come this Christmas, in amongst the PS2/3 I also had my XBOX phase, I liked it, SBOX used to be good, but then , well, meh!

 

I had a PS way back in the 90's and was one of the lucky ones that got a PS2 on day one (though I had to get multiple new ones within a matter of months, because there were many many many issues.  lol).  WHen the PS3 came around, financially I could only choose one console, so it went to XBOX 360, as that was a bit cheaper, and all my friends had it.

-MS's screwing of the used game and rental markets 

-incessant nickle and diming  - You'll probably accuse Sony of that too soon lol!

I do not mind paying for stuff.  What bugs me is when people are taken advantage of.  I have not heard any complaints of that from friends that have a PS3, though I know SOny does do that in the MMORPG world.

I am coming into this kind of cautiously.  After the PS2 fiasco and then the Star Wars Galaxies thing, and a few others, I am kind of leery, but at the same time, I will not be funding MS anymore.  Best way to tell them to buzz off is by supporting the competitor. 


-no backwards compatibility, screwing people out of thousands of dollars (arcade games, DLC, etc).  The PS3 isn't B/C for PS2 games nor willl the PS4 be for PS3 games, except at some point using the 'cloud' feature when it will be possible.

That is fine, as I have no PS games at all.  Fresh start.  My issue was mostly with items like the XBLA, and now those people are screwed royally.

--can't trade discs with family/friends 

-Kinect required to even power on. Yea I was reading about that & discussing it with my fellow MVP's earlier, that's an interesting one.

Indeed.

-always needing an internet connection. As above, you need it to start the game but once started it's ok or something?

What I understand is that right now, they are saying it will need to check every 24 hours or so.  To me, that is unacceptable.  It is my console, and I will play it when I choose and where I choose.  I should not be locked out of playing because my console can't phone home.

The last three are killer for me. Our household has 3 Xbox 360's. Some games, we share discs, especially single player games. I will not be buying three "licenses" at full price, so that my household can play the same **bleep** game. And while the Kinect issue pretty much sealed the deal for me, as I do not a camera/mic always on in my house, the last issue was the nail in the coffin. It is my console, and I will play the games that I buy when I **bleep** well please. 

In my opinion, MS will fail hard this time around. 

As for my household? Looks like I will be getting a PS4 (unless Sony goes along this same path of stupidity that MS took). The other two consoles in my house, that is up to them. But I refuse to play MS's game. 

So I am here.  Excited to see what Sony can offer.

 

My comments above weren't to 'put you off', far from it, but even I know Sony is far from perfect & over time & assuming you do indeed defect you too will find things you don't like about Sony/PS3/4 too, but you're right, if MS goes down the road they appear to be travelling I can't see it ending well for them!


Welcome aboard.

 

BRIT-KO


I understand.  No worries.  I know that the grass is not always greener, and I know first hand that Sony does have its issues, some of which I am not too thrilled with.  But to me, Sony would be the lesser of two evils. Cool!

Plus, I am voting with my wallet. Good for you!


Thanks for the welcome, and I should be around often. Sounds good, feel free to have a look around the Forums & let us know if there's anything you need help with or want to know, we're a pretty friendly bunch, well most of us anyway lol Smiley Wink.

My job requires me to sit and do nothing for 6+ hours, so I have time to kill I think I'm jealous lol!
lol

 


BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg



Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 9 of 16 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4403 posts
 

Re: Another defector

May 23, 2013

Just keep in mind: Sony has said that the PS4 will play used games, but that is all they have confirmed.

For all we know, they too plan on doing some kind of replay-fee that will just replace the standard "Online Pass" most publishers have been using. We'll see. E3 is right around the corner.

 

Welcome to the forums, by the way Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 10 of 16 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes