May 17 2010
By: Red__Snow First Son 2 posts

Any Hot Shots Golf 6 News Whatsoever?

[ Edited ]
20 replies 1125 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

i tihnk its long overdue for a hsg6 announcement. out of bounds was great, but hey, its 2010 and its not gonna last forever. does anyone know anything about hsg6? maybe an E3 annuncement? (fingers crossed)

Edit: Added label & updated subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 21 (1,125 Views)
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Re: any hot shots golf 6 news whatsoever?

May 17, 2010

There's been no word at all of a new HSG game.

Message 2 of 21 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jul 3, 2010

Gotta be honest 5 kinda let me down when compared to 4. Not nearly as many courses or characters. Hope they try harder on the next one.

Message 3 of 21 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jul 21, 2010

Out of Bounds has more courses and playable characters than Fore, especially when you count all the DLC, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Message 4 of 21 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Aug 19, 2010

My guess is that it didn't sell as well as they had hoped.  I know I got mine for around $20 after about a year.  But, I think part of the reason was that it was released at a slow time for the PS3 (mid-2007).  That was a time when the launch frenzy had worn off and they were phasing out the 20GB systems, leaving the $600 unit as the only choice.  The console has been doing better since the price drops, especially the cut to $299 last year, so hopefully we'll get another one this generation.

Maybe they're looking at implementing the Move and getting that just right?

Message 5 of 21 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Sep 16, 2010

SirDrexl wrote:

My guess is that it didn't sell as well as they had hoped.  I know I got mine for around $20 after about a year.  But, I think part of the reason was that it was released at a slow time for the PS3 (mid-2007).  That was a time when the launch frenzy had worn off and they were phasing out the 20GB systems, leaving the $600 unit as the only choice.  The console has been doing better since the price drops, especially the cut to $299 last year, so hopefully we'll get another one this generation.

Was just thinking about that. It and Move could possibly sell each other.

Message 6 of 21 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Sep 16, 2010

PayneKiller1509 wrote:

SirDrexl wrote:

Was just thinking about that. It and Move could possibly sell each other.

They did indeed show a new HSG as a Move game at the TGS!  

Message 7 of 21 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Sep 22, 2010

SirDrexl wrote:

What is TGS? That sounds promising!

===========================

http://www.hotshotsgolf.com
Message 8 of 21 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Sep 22, 2010

HotShotsGolf-com wrote:

SirDrexl wrote:

What is TGS? That sounds promising!

It's the Tokyo Game Show.  They showed something with HSG and announced it would be in 3D and have Move support.  However, after looking for more info, the sites are referring to it as 5.

I will be disappointed if it turns out to just be an add-on for the existing PS3 HSG.  It seems to me that it would make a lot more sense to release a new game. This could be a big title for the Move, and I don't expect retailers to restock a 3 year-old game.  It could be some sort of special edition, but even then you can't really get away with that after more than a year or so.

Message 9 of 21 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 24, 2010

Haven't seen anything about it myself, but at this point it better be move compatible.  As it was IMO the tiger woods demo was a big let down.  When they do it, I hope they leave an option for tradition shots as well as move compatability.  It'd be nice to see some old courses and characters come back too.  I'm really surprised they never updated the Fore courses and characters for Out of Bounds.

Message 10 of 21 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes