Sackboy
596 posts

Re: Anybody here play PS3 on HDTV?

Jun 17, 2013

the specs are 720p 32 inch 720p is the highest my new tv goes to.

No Aim Assist
Message 11 of 42 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 17, 2013

The problem isnt the system, its something you're doing/not doing or your TV. 

I read the edit...what does that have to do with going to the PS3 settings and making sure its set to HDMI?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 12 of 42 (218 Views)
Fender Bender
3558 posts

Jun 17, 2013

That is just weird... A buddy had a 720p tv and it looked fine just the picture and letters were bigger then usual..

i'm thinking the hdmi cable is either bad or it is one of those rare ones that don't support 720p, yes they are out there....

Or it could be your tv. start with the cable and move on from there...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 13 of 42 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3558 posts

Re: Anybody here play on an HDTV and Next Gen PS4 Jaggies?

Jun 17, 2013

rottenfruityum wrote:

I recently got a HDTV to play PS3 on and the picture quality isnt all that great , there seems to be weird blur on edges when looking around slowly and just overall not that great quality, I have heard about tv's with a game mode setting and what not what is that? should I get a different tv and what is the picture like on your HDTV.

edit:

I'm thinking of selling my new tv I have because i dont want to see jaggies in HD I want to see smooth and clear stuff and
I was playing on a old CRT TV and that looked waaaay better everything was smooth, what im saying is I dont want to see jaggies
it makes the HD in HDTV worthless because everything looks horrible, so what about PS4 is everything going to have razor edges also, and if so I wouldnt even get it if I was looking to if everything is jaggy because it makes HD worthless, so im thinking of staying on a standard definition tv withthe ps3 because no jaggies?

Jaggies are due to you being in sd still..

you have to change the display settings in the settings menu on ur ps3...

the ps4 supposedly only has an hdmi output, so this isn't gonna happen with it..

People really should educate themselve on the tech they purchase...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 14 of 42 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
596 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

pic.png

@Setzaroth  I dont think so I have HDMI plugged into the back of the PS3, PS3 set to 720p after selecting HDMI because that is what my TV displays and I have jaggy picture like on the left.

No Aim Assist
Message 15 of 42 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Your sharpness may be up too high.

Message 16 of 42 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
596 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

hjason1 wrote:

rottenfruityum wrote:

I recently got a HDTV to play PS3 on and the picture quality isnt all that great , there seems to be weird blur on edges when looking around slowly and just overall not that great quality, I have heard about tv's with a game mode setting and what not what is that? should I get a different tv and what is the picture like on your HDTV.

edit:

I'm thinking of selling my new tv I have because i dont want to see jaggies in HD I want to see smooth and clear stuff and
I was playing on a old CRT TV and that looked waaaay better everything was smooth, what im saying is I dont want to see jaggies
it makes the HD in HDTV worthless because everything looks horrible, so what about PS4 is everything going to have razor edges also, and if so I wouldnt even get it if I was looking to if everything is jaggy because it makes HD worthless, so im thinking of staying on a standard definition tv withthe ps3 because no jaggies?

Jaggies are due to you being in sd still..

you have to change the display settings in the settings menu on ur ps3...

the ps4 supposedly only has an hdmi output, so this isn't gonna happen with it..

People really should educate themselve on the tech they purchase...

Im no longer in SD I have HDMI plugged into PS3 going into the 720p TV. The desplay settings is set to 720p on the display settings menu on the PS3 because that is what the tv is. I think other people have this as well what about you does your picture look like whats on the left?

pic.png

No Aim Assist
Message 17 of 42 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
596 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I have also tried that and that seemed to work just a little but not enough still jaggy picture that I didnt have on old CRT TV standard definition.

No Aim Assist
Message 18 of 42 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Jaggies are usually the Game Developers fault. I get them sometimes on cheaply made games. ( Defiance being one of them ) Usually AAA game titles won't have these.. ( Battlefield , Call of Doodie , Skyrim ) It's usually just Lazy game development and they didn't polish the game's visuals enough
 photo BBSIGANIMATED_zpsbd119225.gif
Message 19 of 42 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jun 17, 2013
You need to calibrate the tv.
Message 20 of 42 (167 Views)
0 Likes