Highlighted
Mar 20 2014
By: motokid837 Hekseville Citizen 382 posts

Anyone else feel trapped by Call of Duty?

18 replies 318 views Edited Mar 20, 2014

I don't know what it is, but every single year I fall for the same **bleep**, I spend a whole 60 bucks on the new Call of Duty game, and every year I feel as though I enjoy the games less and less. Literally, 97% of the time I go to play online, I just get so **bleep** frusterated and **bleep** and rarely ever play through a whole match. Even when I'm doing good I dont feel the same fun as I used to, I just wished I did a little better.

I like the fast paced gameplay, the smaller maps for quick matches, but I really need to try hard this year to either hold off from buying the **bleep** game at launch and wait for a price drop, or don't waste that money at all. For some reason I keep buying them and always want the new one, but it just brings so much anger and regret over time. The online mode just seems too riddled with crappy spawns (ALWAYS) and completely ridiculous gameplay that leaves me **bleep** and in awe.

On Battlefield though, despite the bugs, to me it feels very fair, I always do decent and feel as though my skill is truly reflected each game, while COD is just a shot in the dark every match I join. I can go from 2-12 to 18-4 within a few minutes. 

I know a lot of you are going to say "don't buy the game then" or leave some snarky comment, but for those who actually share my frusteration, do you too always want the new one but end up hating it later?

Message 1 of 19 (318 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Re: Anyone else feel trapped by Call of Duty?

Mar 20, 2014

I feel your frustration because i'm also addicted to Call of Duty. But ,however, i do have my line where i promise myself to not buy any other Call of Duty games that are worthless. So i suggest that you save your money, or promise yourself to not purchase games that you don't need. Or save your money in a "piggybank". I was wondering about the last part of your paragraphs where you mentioned BATTLEFIELD. If i were you, i would buy The Last Of Us or GTAV. These two games i really recommend.

Message 2 of 19 (308 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5239 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2014

Actually, I use to like Call of Duty. I liked the ones on PS2 ad PC and while the third was a bit buggy, it still was fun. I think CoD peaked though with 4. Modern Warfare was a change in how shooters rewarded players for their efforts in each game. Was extremely fun and then something happened with my play through the second time. It started getting a bit old/stale. I thought it was because I needed to buy the next game as the old one started to bore me. I then bought  World at War and while I loved Zombie mode, the other multiplayer modes didn't change my opinion on the game.

So after trying Modern Warfare 2, I felt the series started to just not interest me anymore in the multiplayer aspect. It started to be like a sports game where they tweak the game to seem new but really, not so much. After Modern Warfare 2, I simply purchase used for the CoD titles to try out the single player mode as it's the only thing that seem to keep my attention (Black Op's 2 was my favorite with the branching storyline). Not proud to say it but after playing the single player in two days, I trade the CoD game for the year back to get my money back to buy a different type of a game. Gamestop hasn't been the wiser.... but it's thier fault for having a policy that if you don't like the game you have 7 days to return it...

In other words, you aren't alone OP...

Message 3 of 19 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Mar 20, 2014

No, I actually feel that way about Battlefield though.

I had so much fun on BC2, then 3 came out and it was good and I played for hours upon hours. After so many hours though, I became bored of it, but for some reason, I kept playing. Battlefield 4 comes out, I buy it, but it still feels like the boring game that BF3 had become for me. But yet, I keep playing it, and hope every night that my friend gets on to play. I rage almost every match because of the large amount of packet loss, lag, rubber banding, and BS, but it's got me locked in.

Can I get some help? I'm going insane.

Message 4 of 19 (288 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26657 posts

Mar 20, 2014

If you're unhappy with the game, then stop buying it.

Just Say No!

Message 5 of 19 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13195 posts

Mar 20, 2014

I used to be addicted by COD too. But then I realised that it was the same thing over and over and just avoided the next one. Then when I got PS Plus and exposed myself to different games, I realised that there is a lot more out there.

Message 6 of 19 (283 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26657 posts

Mar 20, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I used to be addicted by COD too. But then I realised that it was the same thing over and over and just avoided the next one. Then when I got PS Plus and exposed myself to different games, I realised that there is a lot more out there.

Isn't that part of the problem? There's people out there who are afraid to try something different, because they want a guarunteed winner for their hard earned $60.

Message 7 of 19 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5710 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Isn't that part of the problem? There's people out there who are afraid to try something different, because they want a guarunteed winner for their hard earned $60.

I can see what you mean Cap.

for example, I am willing to try out Final fantasy X even though I have NEVER played a FF game before. Partly would be because I got through playing Kingdom hearts that my friend let me borrow and to add a new variety to my gaming and check out something fresh to me hehe Smiley Wink

also in regards to COD this ocmes to mind:

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 19 (269 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Well, if people are addicted and want to leave COD, they should reasearch other alternatives first before investing their hard earned money. At least with PS Plus, you simply pay $50 for a year and have a wide variety of different options. Is paying $50 a year for a wide variety a different approach to paying $60 for a very similiar game every year?

Message 9 of 19 (268 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
382 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2014

Maybe that is one of the things about it, people KNOW what they are going to get for 60 dollars, and between that and feeling pressured by the rut of everyone getting the game every year. This  I don't know, maybe its just because I'm on PS4 and am getting a little bored of playing over and over again. On this new generation I am going to be sure to buy a new array of games so that I can mix up what I play and not get so bored AND FRUSTRATED with Call of Duty.

Message 10 of 19 (261 Views)
0 Likes