Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 04 2013
By: GamerJon92 I Only Post Everything 1332 posts

Anyone else find the GT6 demo looks only ok

16 replies 410 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

the cars in the cutscene/load screens look good and some cars look good one track . the first driving test car looks bad idk why the envirnments look bad the trees are 2 pieces of cardboard inweaved **bleep** wered not on ps1 anymore sony. the demo was 1gb give the envirnments some life and realisim. 

Message 1 of 17 (410 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Re: Anyone else find the GT6 demo looks only ok

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

GamerJon92 wrote:

the cars in the cutscene/load screens look good and some cars look good one track . the first driving test car looks bad idk why the envirnments look bad the trees are 2 pieces of cardboard inweaved **bleep** wered not on ps1 anymore sony. the demo was 1gb give the envirnments some life and realisim. 

Its a racing game not a interactive adventure from Santa Monica Studios...

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 2 of 17 (407 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1332 posts

Jul 4, 2013
idk car i want more then nice cars and driving. look at bf3 its a fps but at least they added nice trees and rocks in bf4 waves move. and stuff tired of companys taking the easy way out with a racing game.. still cant belive the tress looks like a grade 1 project
Message 3 of 17 (403 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25168 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

GamerJon92 wrote:
idk car i want more then nice cars and driving. look at bf3 its a fps but at least they added nice trees and rocks in bf4 waves move. and stuff tired of companys taking the easy way out with a racing game.. still cant belive the tress looks like a grade 1 project

Have you ever actually played a RACING game before?

You realize that this is only the Academy version? The purpose is for you to post lap times, and then try to qualify for the next round. And take a look at what Silverstone Raceway looks like in real life.

The reason there's not any "nice trees and rocks" is because you don't want to CRASH INTO THEM AND DIE!!

Message 4 of 17 (383 Views)
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Its a demo and does not represent the final product. All demos say that. Its there just so u can get a feel for the new physics, not analyze everything about it, wait for the full game to come out before u draw a final conclusion about the track background
Message 5 of 17 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

Jul 5, 2013

It looks like GT5.

I didn't really expect improvements though. The only improvement I want which will decide if I buy it will be the multiplayer.

Lobby system is AWFUL. They got it right in Prologue.

Message 6 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8486 posts

Jul 5, 2013

GamerJon92 wrote:
the demo was 1gb give the envirnments some life and realisim. 

You are still playing on the PS3.  Graphics and other elements have been maxed out for a couple of years now.

If you want more life and realism at this point, you will need to wait for the PS4.

Message 7 of 17 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I feel so conflicted.

On one hand, OP is criticizing the graphics of a 1GB demo. That speaks for itself.

On the other hand, there are people who are such blind fanboys that if a game has awful elements in it they will defend it. I hope every PS4 game has crap graphics (not really though) because I want to hear them say stupid **bleep** like "It's a sports game it doesn't need good looking audience." Or "it's a shooter it doesn't need good looking buildings." Good looking environments are pretty much expected this day and age.

Also, OP get an X1 and play Forza. I have a pretty awesome setup just for racing games and I definitely will be upgrading it just to play next gen Forza because it's that much better than GT.
Message 8 of 17 (291 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15656 posts

Jul 5, 2013

shotgunn_surgeon wrote:
On the other hand, there are people who are such blind fanboys that if a game has awful elements in it they will defend it. 

Like what?

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 9 of 17 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3185 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Remember it's still only a demo but if you play this demo and then pop in your copy of GT5, you will notice  a difference in the backrounds and ligthing. Also the car seems to handle much better than on gt5. GT5 really pushed the PS3 to the limit so I doubt that we will see any vast improvement in graphics. I am hoping that all of the cars will be premium cars and that the interface won't be as wonky as it was the last go round. It's still hands down the best driving simulator out there.

Message 10 of 17 (275 Views)
0 Likes