MVP Support
10750 posts

Re: Anyone else happy they didn't rush out to get PS4?

Feb 8, 2014

My only complaint with the PS4 was that I felt I was running out of space a little too quickly.

So I popped in a 1TB HDD, and my problem magically went away.

Message 21 of 115 (205 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Feb 8, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

My only complaint with the PS4 was that I felt I was running out of space a little too quickly.

So I popped in a 1TB HDD, and my problem magically went away.

Was it you that discovered the billion partitions that it had?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 22 of 115 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Feb 8, 2014

Like the second poster said, if people based their decisions on forums or others experiences, then they wouldn't know what to believe. Point being for me was buying tires. I swear when I went to buy tires and researched and looked at peoples write ups on them, it was always 50/50, its always 50/50 for any opinion when you research. Yet when I went with the tires that got good reviews, I found that they suck in the snow, even though they are all-seasons, so you can't really believe anything you read online, no matter how much research you do.

All in all, I am another happy PS4 owner, who has also had no issues thus far. PSN has been working fine for me, updates download fine (games download slow but thats my internet speed/connection, cause it was the same way with my 360). I am enjoying the games (yes even the indie games, because I am a gamer who enjoys all games, not just a select few or someone not willing to give certain games a try)Bottom line is there will be people with good and bad experiences. I don't know of a launch of anything that was 100% perfect, or that there were absolutely no complaints. From reading the xbox fourms, their launch wasn't so perfect either, and there are people regretting getting a One. I do think though they could have waited for either console, the 360 still has life in it and so does the PS3, so I do think they could have waited a year or two and perfected the consoles even more, but ultimately its M$ and Sony's decision on when to release the consoles, not ours.

Message 23 of 115 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

I didn't Rush anyplace! I preordered played my PS3 while waiting and it was delivered to the door. Getting close to the 3rd month its awesome hardware. I've spent many hours on it. Gave some time to my PS3 with Jack and Daxter collection and Bioshock. People who didn't get one have nothing to compare to. They didn't try it they don't know. Just following console war hate post and rumors. None of the big reviewers have had bad things to say about the PS4. I know i don't LOVE my PS4!!

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
My PS4 Games of 2016: Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4 SE, No Man's Sky SE. Also: PlayStation VR
Message 24 of 115 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 8, 2014

Every console has its issues. Nothing is perfect, but I am enjoying the console so no real complaints. You should feel embarrassed for geenralizing and speaking about something that you don't even have.

Message 25 of 115 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2155 posts

Feb 8, 2014

Im fine. I will most likely hold off till a revision. Then I can pick one up and have a good decent sized used game selection to change from. 

Got burned buying a PS3 early, same with an early ps2. I can wait this time. 

-evilbunny

Message 26 of 115 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Feb 8, 2014
Ok smart guy. whether you get it now or in 1 year, chances are the price will STILL BE THE SAME. so no difference at all. Rather get it now than later. Next gen is amazing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 115 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2155 posts

Feb 8, 2014

HWGuy14 wrote:
Ok smart guy. whether you get it now or in 1 year, chances are the price will STILL BE THE SAME. so no difference at all. Rather get it now than later. Next gen is amazing.

what are you talking about? or who are you replying too?

-evilbunny

Message 28 of 115 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

EvilbunnyELITE wrote:

HWGuy14 wrote:

what are you talking about? or who are you replying too?

What are YOU talking about? this is a reply. To OP??

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 115 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Feb 8, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

After watching these forums, seeing complaints about games to the online (paying internet service-psn) not working properly. Then to hear about updates freezing etc.... IM shocked how badly this console was released. Where is the quality control department?  I would be **bleep** spending hard earned money on something that's mediocre at best.

Last but not least is the total lack of great games and the genre's lack there of. Sony and those who constantly defend them on this forum website should be ashamed and embarrassed. This is not how to release a console or games for that matter.

Yep i knew that the consoles or next gen consoles would not have many games at launch and most games will be both PS3 and PS4 for about a year later so untill 2015 i think the PS4 is just a luxury item. not a MUST HAVE. Still love ya SONY

Message 30 of 115 (248 Views)