Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2013
By: MeatBrick64 First Son 26 posts

Anyone else suggest waiting for a PS4 Slim?

[ Edited ]
67 replies 18075 views Edited Jul 18, 2014

I just wanted to see what other people thought on this topic. Most 1st gen playstations have major issues as years go by. Examples:

Ps2 fat-stops reading blue discs and regular DVDs after a while, then leading to overall uselessness

Ps3 fat-stops reading blu rays due to poor laser. Also future models have bigger hard drives & are cheaper

Psp fat-screen dies

And another thing, the fat xbox 360 had major red ring issues, and even the first run of Wii's had some issues reading dual-layer wii discs. So does anybody else think its smart to wait for a PS4 slim?

added label -FluffyKitty_0256

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 68 (18,075 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: Anyone else suggest waiting for a PS4 Slim?

Mar 14, 2013

Have fun waiting two years, you are going to miss out on a lot of good games and their multiplayer.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 68 (18,073 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1097 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I'm going to wait till E3 to decide. Sony's plans or aspirations may look good on paper but until I see the reality behind it I'll decide whether or not to get one at launch. I've purchased all their previous consoles at launch, but with the PS3 the first year was rather slow and i should of held out for at least a year before buying one.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 68 (18,064 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Mar 14, 2013

MeatBrick64 wrote:
I just wanted to see what other people thought on this topic. Most 1st gen playstations have major issues as years go by. Examples:

Ps2 fat-stops reading blue discs and regular DVDs after a while, then leading to overall uselessness

Ps3 fat-stops reading blu rays due to poor laser. Also future models have bigger hard drives & are cheaper

Psp fat-screen dies

And another thing, the fat xbox 360 had major red ring issues, and even the first run of Wii's had some issues reading dual-layer wii discs. So does anybody else think its smart to wait for a PS4 slim?

Hold your horses.... I suggest you do things in a sequence: wait for the bloody PS4 first, then we shall entertain such questions!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 68 (18,055 Views)
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Mar 14, 2013

MeatBrick64 wrote:
I just wanted to see what other people thought on this topic. Most 1st gen playstations have major issues as years go by.

I'll enjoy the years I'll have with my PS4 before it dies on me. I mean, yeah it could be a smart decision... but it's years.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 68 (18,033 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Mar 14, 2013

by your ratioinale, you shouldn't be buying any console if all you look at is the bad....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 68 (18,024 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5776 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I wish that I had the will power to wait for PS4 Slim. But sadly, I am sure that I will buy a PS4 at the earliest opportunity.

38sNc.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 68 (18,017 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I have always waited to get the second or "slim" verison so whatever kinks can get worked out do get worked out.  I may be interested in an earlier purchase this time around.  Like someone said earlier I'm gonna make a decision after E3 of whenever they finally release what the final product will have going on.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 68 (18,007 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I now have the money for the PS4 I have had my ps3 for a few years and I still plan on playing on it for maybe a year or two after that,  If you have the money and want one I'd say go for it. Thats what I'm doing.  Most of my friends are still sticking with the ps3 for another year at least.  If you are that concerned about the quality of the system I'd wait then if thats best for you.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 68 (17,990 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Mar 14, 2013
I can't wait, you will miss out on all the excitement of being one of the 1st to enjoy the system and games. Its the BIG EXPERIENCE for me of getting a new system and seeing everything unfold. Like PS3 had the PlayStation network when the system launched, then trophies came a few years after, then alot of other features and services came after that. Its to excitement of looking at the system from when it came; it until how far its come to the end. Lots of fun and memories. Even IF it was literally only a few million ps3 players online to play with, that's where you meet alot of the best people me online. It wasn't who was the absolute best player, it was how much fun it was playing with everyone. Now its about who has the best kill/death ratio. Just my point of view :0
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 68 (17,988 Views)