Gaming Beast
2381 posts

Re: Anyone noticed there's no 56k port on Playstation® 3

May 30, 2005
i thnik the xbox360 only has it setup for boradband only too so its not just sony that is doing it ... it is smarter for alot of game the 56k just lags the people out that are using dsl or cable internet ... so if your using 56k go out and get dsl or cable internet stop being cheat about it ...
Message 11 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 30, 2005

,Shiznet1067 wrote:
AHAHAAHAH 60% that is a lie cause this is my last week on dial up. Going to road runner. Anyway you think sony cares about how many dial up users there are. NO more lag baby. Dial up people you might cant see this but i am laughing in yall faces.

Actually you will still get some lag, although I think that it wont be as bad as what you guys are playing now.  I have xbox live with a cable internet connection and I still experience some lag during high def games like halo..  even though people are using broadband, there are different speeds..  I had DSL and my online lagged worse than it does now...  BUT, even though it lags sometimes (not everyday) for the most part its not there very often.. every once in a while..  But, It will be nice if sony integrates  broadband only (sorry for those that dont have it) cause the gaming experience online is awesome...  they still need to structure their online service though...  But, I hear that there will not be international buddy lists, so that kinda sucks..,
Message 12 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 30, 2005
and, if you cannot get highspeed cable or dsl, you could always get a satelite.  My sister lives out in the country where there is no cable or dsl internet. she uses satelite internet.. its more expensive, but it'd be worth it if it allowed you to play online.,
Message 13 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3559 posts

May 30, 2005
I live out in the middle of nowhere, and have DSL (finally) so it's not,gonna be a big lose to Sony if some 56k cant get broadband. Companys,are expanding their networks and DSL should be availible almost,everywhere in just a few years.

Five0Four wrote:
and, if you cannot get,highspeed cable or dsl, you could always get a satelite.  My,sister lives out in the country where there is no cable or dsl,internet. she uses satelite internet.. its more expensive, but it'd be,worth it if it allowed you to play online.

To,Five0Four...No Satellite will not work. The latency is too high for,online gaming and will just not work. Think of it this way...You have,to send a signal up to space, and then it has to send it all the way,back down to the ISP so that they can send more data back up to the,satellite and back down to your dish. You'll have worse lag than if you,were on Dialup..

Message 14 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
631 posts

May 30, 2005
Doesn't the XBOX only have an Ethernet port?
Message 15 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 30, 2005

,XJDH1028 wrote:
Doesn't the XBOX only have an Ethernet port?

yup,
Message 16 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11686 posts

May 30, 2005

D_Pyro wrote:
I live out in the middle of,nowhere, and have DSL (finally) so it's not gonna be a big lose to Sony,if some 56k cant get broadband. Companys are expanding their networks,and DSL should be availible almost everywhere in just a few years.

Five0Four wrote:
and,,if you cannot get highspeed cable or dsl, you could always get a,satelite.  My sister lives out in the country where there is no,cable or dsl internet. she uses satelite internet.. its more expensive,,but it'd be worth it if it allowed you to play online.

To,Five0Four...No Satellite will not work. The latency is too high for,online gaming and will just not work. Think of it this way...You have,to send a signal up to space, and then it has to send it all the way,back down to the ISP so that they can send more data back up to the,satellite and back down to your dish. You'll have worse lag than if you,were on Dialup..

abotu,satlillite... most sat systems still require dialup for uploading... to,get bi directional there is special permits you gotta require, a,special satilitte dish with sending capabilities has to be put up in,certain conditions, and well very expensive..
>

Message 17 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
829 posts

May 30, 2005
Speed

8.5 megabits per second

Communications: 8.5 megabits per second
Storage: 1 megabytes per second
1MB file download: 1 seconds
Subjective rating: Unbelievable

I hate using people computer bcuz I cant stand when it is slow.....

dat's why I hate playing online on my PS2....

Thanks SOny. I was looking forward for that..
,Let's da Game begin.....
Message 18 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
273 posts

May 30, 2005
I used to have 56k back in my old house a couple years ago.

Then now in my new house, I have a T3 connection.  Big jump huh? lol
Message 19 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
631 posts

May 30, 2005
Ermm....How much do you pay per month for T3? Or T1?
Message 20 of 58 (5 Views)
0 Likes