Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: April Plus Preview - Demon's Souls and More

Apr 3, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

XtemmA2 wrote:

Please have less PSP titles for the VITA IGC.
Surely we don't want PS2 titles for PS3 IGC.

I dunno, many people out there wouldn't mind seeing PS2 Classics in the instant game collection. But to your point, it's not the majority of feedback we get on Plus, but it's still a request here and there. 

But if the feedback is overwhelmingly against seeing PSP content in Plus, I'll be reporting on it to the group. 

Though I would prefer Vita titles (usually higher quality, takes advantage of Vita controls, has trophies, etc.), I don't mind the occasional PSP game. If I had to vote though, I'd say Vita-only, but I realize some people like the PSP games.

What I do think is a bit lame this month is that the "main" Vita game is a Cross-Buy/Play game. PS3 PS+ users are essentially getting Zombie Tycoon 2 as a bonus (four games this month instead of the usual three), whereas that is counting as one of Vita's usual two games instead of being a bonus.

Now I'd understand if logistically, at least for the time being, offering a third Vita game is not in the cards, but if that's the case, then I would have to agree that the inclusion of a "mere" PSP game is "wrong" and we should have been given two Vita games instead (Zombie Tycoon plus another). I hate to be one of those that compare NA PS+ to EU PS+, but the EU has gotten Knytt, Big Sky, MSG HD, and quite a few other Vita titles that we haven't - any of those would be better than a PSP title.

Aside from my bias as being a Vita gamer, I think Sony is also missing an opportunity to have PS+ drive Vita purchases. After Disgaea 3, I saw quite a few people state something along the lines of "wow, if PS+ keeps this up, I may have to buy a Vita!"...then you follow-up with a month that by most people's standards is a complete letdown - PS3 users are already getting Zombie Tycoon, so the only Vita IGC left to entice them is a PSP game? Ouch.

So that's my two cents. Hopefully you don't think I'm just one of those whiners because I certainly feel PS+ is worth the value overall, just trying to provide some constructive criticism and suggestions for improving the service that will not only benefit myself and other gamers, but also Sony in the longrun.

Message 61 of 72 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Apr 3, 2013

XtemmA2 wrote:

Surely we don't want PS2 titles for PS3 IGC.

I would love some good PS2, or PSOne even, titles in the PS3 IGC.  Specifically JRPGs which are surprisingly lacking in the IGC, considering how many there are for each generation of PlayStation.

Message 62 of 72 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Hmmm, MALICIOUS and Zombie Tycoon 2 ... I think I'll have some games to play this month. 

Message 63 of 72 (228 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Looks like a fun month...thx...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 64 of 72 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
13351 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Day 2 on Demon's Souls now. SO HARD. Yet, so fun and challenging. Thank you Sony!!!!

Message 65 of 72 (188 Views)
Wastelander
734 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Mochuuu will rainbow moon be on sale this week only or will it carry over for later weeks too ? And about these free games ever since Bioshock was added on IGC I haven't been able to install any of the free games they download but installation stops at 14% and I get error code don't remember the numbers then I get a subfolder of corrupt data for the game how do I fix this

P-O-O-P
Message 66 of 72 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
973 posts

Apr 5, 2013

is demon soul still online?

Click the link below to follow us & receive notifications when we're live!
My Broadcast Channel
Message 67 of 72 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Mastr_0f_Chaos wrote:

Yes.

Message 68 of 72 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16262 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Mastr_0f_Chaos wrote:

Yes.... and now that its offered for free, pretty sure people will continue to populat the game for quite sometime.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 69 of 72 (127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Terrible Updates for this month..Like other complainers here, I'm looking forward to PS Vita Exclusive Title Only, Rayman Origin, Resistance? Come On Sony, You could have done better to for us Vita side no offense

Spoiler

Message 70 of 72 (74 Views)
0 Likes