Sackboy
542 posts

Re: Are Condoms and RedBull Acceptable Preorder Bonuses?

Feb 8, 2014

I don't see the big deal.

Possibly lubricated, glow in the dark rubber that promotes safe sex and an energy drink that plenty of people already drink.

Though, I'd rather have something better than that cheap crap. What, I dunno, but I can get my own condoms and energy drinks, thanks.

Message 41 of 68 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9511 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

spc_warnack wrote:

I don't see the big deal.

Possibly lubricated, glow in the dark rubber that promotes safe sex and an energy drink that plenty of people already drink.

Though, I'd rather have something better than that cheap crap. What, I dunno, but I can get my own condoms and energy drinks, thanks.

I agree with this chap. 

Yes, in my opinion they are acceptable pre-order bonuses. I find it funny that they would throw in a condom and energy drinks. Smiley Happy

Also, it's a 16+ rated game, although there's no age limit for either item where I live ( some stores only sell energy drinks to 15 and older ). 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 42 of 68 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 8, 2014

This game has a T for teens rating. Why give condoms to teens, so they can do things earlier than they should? 

If they gave out Delsin's hat or something, that would have been beter.

Message 43 of 68 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4084 posts

Feb 8, 2014

"Condom" might not be exactly what you are thinking it is. Example, my childhood friend calls those rubber Wii Remote Jackets that keep them from breaking TVs "condoms." Perhaps the game could be including something to make the DS4 contoller easier to hold or something.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 44 of 68 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Feb 8, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

"Condom" might not be exactly what you are thinking it is. Example, my childhood friend calls those rubber Wii Remote Jackets that keep them from breaking TVs "condoms." Perhaps the game could be including something to make the DS4 contoller easier to hold or something.

Given the packaging that says ""FULL OF ENERGY FOR AN EXPLOSION OF PLEASURE" on it, I don't anything has been lost in translation here. 

Message 45 of 68 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

ck2875 wrote:

So I really do hope I'm not overestimating the maturity level here, but this has been making its way around NeoGAF and gaming news sites... so...

What do you guys think about the inFAMOUS: Second Son pre-order bonus for GameStop Italy?

PreOrderSS_Italy

• Two Cans of RedBull
  • Glow in the Dark Flourescent Condoms

The writing on the box itself translates to: "FULL OF ENERGY FOR AN EXPLOSION OF PLEASURE", so yeah.

Fine print translates to: "Only by GameStop, preorder Infamous Second Son and receive Preorder Kit. GamStop exclusive: the game contains 2 cans of Red Bull and a box of condoms fluorescent"

Is this simply Sucker Punch and SCEE trying to let you experience Deslin's Neon power first hand? Is it in poor taste? At any rate, I doubt this would fly in North America.

What do you guys think? Debate.

You need to add vodka to that or its just plain retarded.Then again european girls are tigers. Oh the memories of my youth.

Message 46 of 68 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9511 posts

Feb 8, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

This game has a T for teens rating. Why give condoms to teens, so they can do things earlier than they should? 

If they gave out Delsin's hat or something, that would have been beter.

That's your opinion. When it comes to that area, America and Europe may have a bit different views on what age condoms should be given to the youth. 

id 69 signature

Message 47 of 68 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4084 posts

Feb 8, 2014

ck2875 wrote:

Given the packaging that says ""FULL OF ENERGY FOR AN EXPLOSION OF PLEASURE" on it, I don't anything has been lost in translation here. 

Actually, I still wouldn't rule it out. "PLEASURE" is a pretty vague term when you think about it. Some people find pleasure in helping others. Some people find it in their hobbies. Etc. While it is open to the translation you think, there's other options. However, I guess all depends on how different the region is to this part of the world.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 48 of 68 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9511 posts

Feb 8, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

Actually, I still wouldn't rule it out. "PLEASURE" is a pretty vague term when you think about it. Some people find pleasure in helping others. Some people find it in their hobbies. Etc. While it is open to the translation you think, there's other options. However, I guess all depends on how different the region is to this part of the world.

No, just no. Stop. 

id 69 signature

Message 49 of 68 (161 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Feb 9, 2014

It's quite simple. You get all that energy and need to blow off steam. Thus the condoms come in. It's a win win, and you get good exercise and will sweat a lot.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 50 of 68 (275 Views)
0 Likes