Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 14 2013
By: KingdomSlayah Hekseville Citizen 322 posts

BEYOND 300! The PS Community is Truly Amazing.

12 replies 336 views Edited Jul 14, 2013

BEYOND!

I just wanted to say that the Playstation Nation is by far the most dedicated and passionate fanbase in the industry. The things we Playstation fans do goes above and beyond the other communities in the industry and I think that REALLY makes us stand apart. Not only are the gamers passionate about what we do, the Sony figure heads and members are too! Sony is the ONLY company I see that has people visiting, communicating, and really getting to know the community better.  It's truly amazing to know that the people at Sony really DO care about us gamers. I couldn't have asked for a better community. You guys are awesome. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (336 Views)
Last Guardian
10086 posts

Re: BEYOND 300! The PS Community is Truly Amazing.

Jul 14, 2013
I love all the naughty dog games <3
PS NATION!
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

I think " above and beyond " applies if you fall in line exactly and you don't have a unique or differentiating thought process at all from the community at large.

I have met people within this community who I like and help me a lot ( fivefourteen comes to mind ) and others who i don't. I see plenty of people even MVPs and regular people, flaming up others pretty quickly who post asking for help with their ps3 or playstation related concerns because the community thought the question/comment was stupid, or if the poster had an idea they wanted to see implemented and the community thought it was a waste of time, once again they would flame them up just because it wasn't what they envisioned, it seems if a person has just 1 ideal that they don't agree with, or just say something they consider to be a non fanboy related comment, or something they consider to be " stupid " as I have seen plenty of them use that exact wording, then they attack you. As most close knit communities do.

Of course when you are affiliated with a certain group or an entity.. you will be inclined to see them in a more a favorable light, Or at least look the other way...

I don't see this community as anything special, I'd beg to differ they fit the stereotypical angry gamer quite well, however the idea behind the system, behind the games, behind PlayStation and Sony is a completely different story.

Sorry this wasn't the stereotypical I love you post...

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (303 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10055 posts

Jul 14, 2013

KingdomSlayah wrote:

BEYOND!

I just wanted to say that the Playstation Nation is by far the most dedicated and passionate fanbase in the industry. The things we Playstation fans do goes above and beyond the other communities in the industry and I think that REALLY makes us stand apart. Not only are the gamers passionate about what we do, the Sony figure heads and members are too! Sony is the ONLY company I see that has people visiting, communicating, and really getting to know the community better.  It's truly amazing to know that the people at Sony really DO care about us gamers. I couldn't have asked for a better community. You guys are awesome. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

wow.......those blinders and goggles must be on pretty tight

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (289 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2811 posts

Jul 14, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

I think " above and beyond " applies if you fall in line exactly and you don't have a unique or differentiating thought process at all from the community at large.

I have met people within this community who I like and help me a lot ( fivefourteen comes to mind ) and others who i don't. I see plenty of people even MVPs and regular people, flaming up others pretty quickly who post asking for help with their ps3 or playstation related concerns because the community thought the question/comment was stupid, or if the poster had an idea they wanted to see implemented and the community thought it was a waste of time, once again they would flame them up just because it wasn't what they envisioned, it seems if a person has just 1 ideal that they don't agree with, or just say something they consider to be a non fanboy related comment, or something they consider to be " stupid " as I have seen plenty of them use that exact wording, then they attack you. As most close knit communities do.

Of course when you are affiliated with a certain group or an entity.. you will be inclined to see them in a more a favorable light, Or at least look the other way...

I don't see this community as anything special, I'd beg to differ they fit the stereotypical angry gamer quite well, however the idea behind the system, behind the games, behind PlayStation and Sony is a completely different story.

I couldn't agree more.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,700+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (282 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8640 posts

Jul 14, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Me neither. This kind of thing happens on other forums I'm on as well. It seems to be a group dynamic thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (264 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1312 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

I think it all comes down to we are all human. Also we are communicating through writing which has unique challenges. We can't see the other person's body language nor hear their tone of voice. While emoticons can help, not many people want to use them for various reasons.

Large, diverse communities will have conflicting views. It's hard not to take things personal sometimes; however, we can be thankful that we all do not always agree and have exactly the same thoughts. That would be worse than any flame war.

Overall, I respect and even agree with all the posts above to an extent. That doesn't mean 'things have to change.' Moreover, things always change. We can all put a little more effort into being kind and helpful. Make the connections we want and respect those that differ.

On the original topic, Sony looks to be taking community involvement to heart with things like events, contests, and really listening to suggestions and feedback. I like what I've seen so far and I hope they continue to improve.

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (214 Views)
Welcoming Committee
1563 posts

Jul 14, 2013
Beyond! I watched 300 also. That podcast is awesome!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2593 posts

Jul 14, 2013

I don't get the 300 part.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
363 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

I don't get the 300 part.

it means there's been 300 episodes of the podcast :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (150 Views)
0 Likes