Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 30 2013
By: TRIKSTON First Son 4 posts

BLACK SCREEN!! EVEN CUSTOMER SERVICES WAS CRAP

15 replies 259 views Edited Jul 30, 2013

basically ive had the black screen for a while i called up customer service n i gotta say the indian lady was crap...so obvious she was reading step by step wat do to if instructions. I restored my ps3 wiped it clean but it still wants to freeze and turn off and when i try turn it on black screen again!!!. All i do is play games on the ps3 lol so why is it messing up like this!!! can someone or ps3 give me some help GTA come out soon n i really dont wonna buy a new ps3 when the ps4 is coming out soon.....and paying to send it to playstation is pathetic tbh it should be for free i didnt break it. HELP ME :smileysad:

Message 1 of 16 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14459 posts

Re: BLACK SCREEN!! EVEN CUSTOMER SERVICES WAS CRAP

Jul 30, 2013

Getting mad with customer service isn't goign to help. How about you explain your problem a bit more. What type of cable are you using to connect your PS3 to your display? When was the last time your PS3 was in working condition and did anything happen to it since then? What exactly happens when you turn your PS3 on; how does it look, what lights come on, does it make any sounds?

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 16 (255 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

Have you tried checking if your tv is plugged in? or how about if your tv is HDMI compatible because sometimes it goes black when you haven't configured properly with the PlayStation 3.

Message 3 of 16 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

it did happen to me, if you have ps3 fat, turn of the power switch, then hold the eject button, keep holding and turn the switch back on, if slim, remove the power cable from back of ps3, hold eject button, keep on holding and put it back in, the ps3 should sound like a vacum cleaner (:manlol:) for 5 seconds, when that happened to me, i did this, and it worked, i now do it monthly, maybe try?

-Gamer Elite

Message 4 of 16 (220 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 30, 2013
firstly, i didnt get mad at her she just wernt helping i was telling her what was happening n she kept telling me im doing things wrong....but anyway basically its been nearly a month since ive last switched it on, what happens is that you will hear the ps3 start up on the tv but you will not see anything its a total black screen. Everything else is normal, ive tried different tv's different hdmi's but no luck...it did start working after i restored the ps3 however after about 2 weeks i had the same issue....if it helps the only game i kinda play is black ops 2
Message 5 of 16 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 30, 2013
yeah i checked everything still nothing it was working completely fine for 2 years now all of a sudden it doesnt want to work
Message 6 of 16 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 30, 2013
yeah cheers ive also tried this...youtube was my first place to go look for help everyone said to either do what you said or restore your PS3
Message 7 of 16 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 30, 2013
You may need a new PlayStation 3 or send your current one away for fixing which could cost more.
Message 8 of 16 (206 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Did you try the video reset? Also, try another cable.
Message 9 of 16 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jul 31, 2013

ever notice whenever someone bashes sony in the post the register date is recent? troll.

Equality for all
Message 10 of 16 (181 Views)
0 Likes