Reply
Splicer
Registered: 06/10/2005
Offline
70 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005
,
because someone likes a product a sony makes does not make them anti american you idot
,
what you are saying is stupid
,
that like saying since i drive a BMW i must really hate america
,
I like the playstation 3
,
i like sony products
,
and i also like to get the best product and getting the best is american!
,
if you talk like that you must be anti america ps2nation!
,
I did not vote for g.w.bush i believed he was not the best canidate so now

Message Edited by jacobjo21 on 06-10-2005 01:36 AM

Message 31 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/10/2005
Offline
70 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005
i dont see why he think just becasue he went to war he is more of a american
,
well just to let people know i dont usally post i just like to look; ps2nation just got me upset
,
and if he looks at the news companies from japan are looking out for america as well
,
just look at GM 25000 people cut. toyota said they would raise their prices to get people to buy AMERICAN cars so it would not mess up trade relations. So you went to war, the most useless and clostly war in american history. I love america this is my country. that does not mean i should hate others.
Message 32 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/27/2004
Offline
4451 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005

,
,
,Steppy76 wrote:

,
,
,trigun0006 wrote:
,
The people at toshiba are dumb as heck (standards and practices).  They need to realize the size needs to be bigger.  In less than 2 years, dvd prices went from $10 for a single blank dvd, to $15 for a 50 blank dvd pack.  The blu-ray will get cheaper to make if it becomes a standard, because it will probably be shiped of to mexico to be made for about a peso per day for the worker.  It will just be expensive for a little.
,
,

In all but the most extreme cases just about every movie should fit onto a single disc with either format...there's no reason to go "bigger" in the movie market.  ,

,
,
No reason to go bigger?  Putting the audio in more languages?  Deleted scenes?  Bonus features?  What about movies that are longer than 2 hours?  Will a Dual-Layer HD-DVD be able to hold a 3 hour movie?
Message 33 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/27/2004
Offline
4451 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005

,
,
,PS2NATION wrote:

,
,
,Jordahn wrote:

,
,
,Elessar Telrunya wrote:
The main thing is that Sony is smart in that they are sticking behind Blu-ray and by puting a BR player (along with DVD and CD) in the PS3, thats guarranteeing people who by a PS3 a BR player.  So just like the PS2 and DVD, PS3 will also offer more bang for the buck.  its quite smart, and i really dont see how this is bad news for Sony.  Imagine how many people are going to be getting a PS3 by Christmas 2006.  Thats quite a few BR players right there and by that time they will be down in price.
,

,
,



Some people want this to be bad news because they already have a bias against SONY/PlayStation so they don't want Blu-Ray becoming a standard because it can only help SONY along with many other companies. And as much as I have heard several board members tell people to not listen to SONY's so-caled hype, constantly spreading potentially negative info with their own negative spin is pushing their hype. It seem that they are no better than that they claim to not believe.
,
,
Sony is spreading their own negative info,  don't lie and they would be alright.   People are just telling you the truth and as the fanboy you are,   you don't wanna believe it.  I purchased a ps2 also,  and  I felt like I got ripped off,  if you did not,   your just a sony fanboy.
,

,
,
Wait a second...because you're saying that I should feel ripped off becasue I bought a PS2?  LOL  Since I don't, I'm a fanboy? LMAO  Wow...just wow.
,
Message 34 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2004
Offline
3003 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005

,
,
,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,
,
,Steppy76 wrote:

,
,
,trigun0006 wrote:
,
The people at toshiba are dumb as heck (standards and practices).  They need to realize the size needs to be bigger.  In less than 2 years, dvd prices went from $10 for a single blank dvd, to $15 for a 50 blank dvd pack.  The blu-ray will get cheaper to make if it becomes a standard, because it will probably be shiped of to mexico to be made for about a peso per day for the worker.  It will just be expensive for a little.
,
,

In all but the most extreme cases just about every movie should fit onto a single disc with either format...there's no reason to go "bigger" in the movie market.  ,

,
,
No reason to go bigger?  Putting the audio in more languages?  Deleted scenes?  Bonus features?  What about movies that are longer than 2 hours?  Will a Dual-Layer HD-DVD be able to hold a 3 hour movie?
,
,

Well, since HD-DVD just expanded to 3 layer discs, and each one is 15 GB, I'd say a 45 Gig HD-DVD can easily hold a 3 hour movie...since a blu ray disc only has 50 Gig of storage the recording capacity should be pretty darn close.,
Message 35 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/16/2003
Offline
1044 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005

,
,
,Steppy76 wrote:

,
,
,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,
,
,Steppy76 wrote:

,
,
,trigun0006 wrote:
,
The people at toshiba are dumb as heck (standards and practices).  They need to realize the size needs to be bigger.  In less than 2 years, dvd prices went from $10 for a single blank dvd, to $15 for a 50 blank dvd pack.  The blu-ray will get cheaper to make if it becomes a standard, because it will probably be shiped of to mexico to be made for about a peso per day for the worker.  It will just be expensive for a little.
,
,

In all but the most extreme cases just about every movie should fit onto a single disc with either format...there's no reason to go "bigger" in the movie market.  ,

,
,
No reason to go bigger?  Putting the audio in more languages?  Deleted scenes?  Bonus features?  What about movies that are longer than 2 hours?  Will a Dual-Layer HD-DVD be able to hold a 3 hour movie?
,
,

Well, since HD-DVD just expanded to 3 layer discs, and each one is 15 GB, I'd say a 45 Gig HD-DVD can easily hold a 3 hour movie...since a blu ray disc only has 50 Gig of storage the recording capacity should be pretty darn close. ,

,
,
Rant on children I'm listening.
,
Message 36 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/08/2004
Offline
2795 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005


PS2NATION wrote:


Steppy76 wrote:


Smoooff Ed wrote:


Steppy76 wrote:


trigun0006 wrote:
The,people at toshiba are dumb as heck (standards and practices). ,They need to realize the size needs to be bigger.  In less than 2,years, dvd prices went from $10 for a single blank dvd, to $15 for,a 50 blank dvd pack.  The blu-ray will get cheaper to make if it,becomes a standard, because it will probably be shiped of to mexico to,be made for about a peso per day for the worker.  It will,just be expensive for a little.


In all but,the most extreme cases just about every movie should fit onto a single,disc with either format...there's no reason to go "bigger" in the movie,market. 


No reason to go,bigger?  Putting the audio in more languages?  Deleted,scenes?  Bonus features?  What about movies that are longer,than 2 hours?  Will a Dual-Layer HD-DVD be able to hold a 3 hour,movie?


Well, since HD-DVD just,expanded to 3 layer discs, and each one is 15 GB, I'd say a 45 Gig,HD-DVD can easily hold a 3 hour movie...since a blu ray disc only has,50 Gig of storage the recording capacity should be pretty darn close.


Rant on children I'm listening.


that's,a laugh, you claim to be 30 years old, that will all live in mommy and,daddys basement, you're a collage grad, you constently make racist,remakes (you hate the japanese), and you call US children?
,
,You must be from the Deep south where they still belive it should be ok to hang everyone who isn't white.
Message 37 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/13/2001
Offline
5795 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005


Traiklin wrote:


PS2NATION wrote:


Steppy76 wrote:


Smoooff Ed wrote:


Steppy76 wrote:


trigun0006 wrote:
The people at toshiba are dumb as heck (standards and practices).  They need to realize the size needs to be bigger.  In less than 2 years, dvd prices went from $10 for a single blank dvd, to $15 for a 50 blank dvd pack.  The blu-ray will get cheaper to make if it becomes a standard, because it will probably be shiped of to mexico to be made for about a peso per day for the worker.  It will just be expensive for a little.


In all but the most extreme cases just about every movie should fit onto a single disc with either format...there's no reason to go "bigger" in the movie market. 


No reason to go bigger?  Putting the audio in more languages?  Deleted scenes?  Bonus features?  What about movies that are longer than 2 hours?  Will a Dual-Layer HD-DVD be able to hold a 3 hour movie?


Well, since HD-DVD just expanded to 3 layer discs, and each one is 15 GB, I'd say a 45 Gig HD-DVD can easily hold a 3 hour movie...since a blu ray disc only has 50 Gig of storage the recording capacity should be pretty darn close.


Rant on children I'm listening.


that's a laugh, you claim to be 30 years old, that will all live in mommy and daddys basement, you're a collage grad, you constently make racist remakes (you hate the japanese), and you call US children?

You must be from the Deep south where they still belive it should be ok to hang everyone who isn't white.





Well I live in the South and its hardly that way.
Please try an refrain from this type of garbage.
It only causes topics to be locked. PS2NATIONS goal in life.

Why you buy into all his garbage in beyond me.
Ignore him like most of us try to.
Message 38 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/08/2004
Offline
2795 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005


Adirondack1 wrote:


Traiklin wrote:


PS2NATION wrote:


Steppy76 wrote:


Smoooff Ed wrote:


Steppy76 wrote:


trigun0006 wrote:
The,people at toshiba are dumb as heck (standards and practices). ,They need to realize the size needs to be bigger.  In less than 2,years, dvd prices went from $10 for a single blank dvd, to $15 for,a 50 blank dvd pack.  The blu-ray will get cheaper to make if it,becomes a standard, because it will probably be shiped of to mexico to,be made for about a peso per day for the worker.  It will,just be expensive for a little.


In all but,the most extreme cases just about every movie should fit onto a single,disc with either format...there's no reason to go "bigger" in the movie,market. 


No reason to go,bigger?  Putting the audio in more languages?  Deleted,scenes?  Bonus features?  What about movies that are longer,than 2 hours?  Will a Dual-Layer HD-DVD be able to hold a 3 hour,movie?


Well, since HD-DVD just,expanded to 3 layer discs, and each one is 15 GB, I'd say a 45 Gig,HD-DVD can easily hold a 3 hour movie...since a blu ray disc only has,50 Gig of storage the recording capacity should be pretty darn close.


Rant on children I'm listening.


that's,a laugh, you claim to be 30 years old, that will all live in mommy and,daddys basement, you're a collage grad, you constently make racist,remakes (you hate the japanese), and you call US children?

You must be from the Deep south where they still belive it should be ok to hang everyone who isn't white.





Well I live in the South and its hardly that way.
Please try an refrain from this type of garbage.
It only causes topics to be locked. PS2NATIONS goal in life.

Why you buy into all his garbage in beyond me.
Ignore him like most of us try to.

I didn't mean the entire south, that's why I said Deep south (where no one want's to go).
Message 39 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/16/2003
Offline
1044 posts
 

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005

,
,
,Traiklin wrote:

,
,
,PS2NATION wrote:

,
,
,Steppy76 wrote:

,
,
,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,
,
,Steppy76 wrote:

,
,
,trigun0006 wrote:
,
The people at toshiba are dumb as heck (standards and practices).  They need to realize the size needs to be bigger.  In less than 2 years, dvd prices went from $10 for a single blank dvd, to $15 for a 50 blank dvd pack.  The blu-ray will get cheaper to make if it becomes a standard, because it will probably be shiped of to mexico to be made for about a peso per day for the worker.  It will just be expensive for a little.
,
,

In all but the most extreme cases just about every movie should fit onto a single disc with either format...there's no reason to go "bigger" in the movie market.  ,

,
,
No reason to go bigger?  Putting the audio in more languages?  Deleted scenes?  Bonus features?  What about movies that are longer than 2 hours?  Will a Dual-Layer HD-DVD be able to hold a 3 hour movie?
,
,

Well, since HD-DVD just expanded to 3 layer discs, and each one is 15 GB, I'd say a 45 Gig HD-DVD can easily hold a 3 hour movie...since a blu ray disc only has 50 Gig of storage the recording capacity should be pretty darn close. ,

,
,
Rant on children I'm listening.
,

,
,
that's a laugh, you claim to be 30 years old, that will all live in mommy and daddys basement, you're a collage grad, you constently make racist remakes (you hate the japanese), and you call US children?

You must be from the Deep south where they still belive it should be ok to hang everyone who isn't white.
,

,
,
East coast and why would I hang myself,  rant on children.
,
Message 40 of 44 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes