Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Re: Bad news for Sony...

Jun 10, 2005
Rant rant rant rant rant. Happy?

Upgrade today? Why when this banner looks so cool?
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 44 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,Streetdisciple wrote:

,PS2NATION wrote:

One question,  go back and look at the numbers and the stuff sony promised from the pre ps2 e3,  and come back and tell me if I'm right.  You got lied to,  I got lied to,  you don't care if you get lied to,  I do,  were different,  it's good to be different,  were all different.

???????HUH what the ?
1-You said  "One question" and you haven't typed any question ........LMAO!!!!
2-In english we write "too" for "as well" not "to"......too bad no one showed you the difference (......) LMFAO!!!!! Priceless...
3- Nah it's not true that you'll make me do a research, if you want to prove you're right, YOU GIVE ME the facts......trying to argue and expects me to go look for his arguments (w.t.f ?) OWNED!!!!

One thing you shouldn't forget ......sony like any other company isn't making any promise to anyone (you think their your buddies or what ? Sony isn't your friend !) Everything is subject to change without notice. The one you should be pissed at for failed promises is your president, George W. Bush.Ain't That The TRUTH!!!!

Message Edited by Streetdisciple on 06-10-2005 12:52 AM

Message Edited by Streetdisciple on 06-10-2005 12:54 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 44 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 10, 2005
One thing here. A 3-hour movie in NON-HD takes up 2 sides of a disc...thats at least 30 GB if its double layer....and also think about it if it were all in HD that would be more around the 60MB range...no way HD-DVD can fit that on one side...that 50GB u said is not true...Sony made a 200GB Blu-ray disc...100GB is easy to make also...only 4 layer...they made one with 8 layers so 4 should be easy! Get the facts straight people before you start to argue about them...
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 44 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7924 posts

Jun 11, 2005

Llama Herder wrote:

Jothom wrote:

Llama Herder wrote:
The product:,Details are still sketchy on Toshiba's HD-DVD recorder, but pricing and,availability for its play-only unit have finally been announced. It,will be the first on sale to play the HD-DVD format, which the company,is promoting as a competitor against Blu-ray,to succeed the popular DVD format. The unit will include an HDMI,output, naturally, but otherwise little information (including a model,number) was available at press time. The available specs include:

• HD-DVD player
  • HDMI output
  • Backward compatible with DVD and CD
The price: The unnamed unit will be available in the fourth quarter of 2005 for a list price of $1,000.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5618766-1.html

Hmm,,if a HD-DVD player costs $1,000, I wonder how much a HD-DVD recorder,would cost.  I think I'll stick with the blu-ray player that comes,with the PS3.  Why do some people think blu-ray recorder doesn't,exist.

People,said that when DVD decks first came out, and costed about $2k. Now look,where the medium is! Just about everyone has a DVD player and at least,one DVD movie.

The point,is, since HD-DVD and PS3 are only a couple of months apart, HD-DVD,player won't drop too much in price when the PS3 is released.  It,took a while for DVD player to drop in price from $2000 to $400. 

If,PS3 only costs $300-$400 and HD-DVD player still cost more than that,,Blu-ray will win for sure.  If HD-DVD player costs $200 when PS3,is released, HD-DVD might win.

That is highly,unlikely to happen, because they aren't a great deal apart from their,releases. Also, I would like to point out that the PS3 might have a,good chance of taking the lead in the race, considering that the fan,base for the PS3 will be large. The PS3 fanbase will definitely help,the Blu-Ray and HD DVD race as far as the entire generation goes. It's,almost definite that the next generation will start with the launch of,the PS3.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 44 (7 Views)
0 Likes