Splicer
50 posts

Re: Battlefield 4 Ps4 Vs Xbox One Online.

Jul 7, 2013

Pretty much the same thing online.  Would go with the xbox one version because of Sony's maintence which shuts online off for a day and this is something Microsoft doesn't do  and if you like to get the dlc which most people do with fps the xbox one has a timed exclusive dlc

Message 21 of 34 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jul 7, 2013

It seems to me that sony will be upgrading their network this time around. xbl won hands down last gen, but I have a feeling that the superior power of the ps4 combined with years of learning from past mistakes will allow sony to have the advantage this time around.

I saw a post about publishers "capping" games to make them look similar. This is a misconception. The reason multiplatform games never looked different was because developers developed their games on ms's system which was easier for them to code for. They then did a port over to the ps3 taking little time to optimize things. In reality if developers would have created games on sony's platform and then ported to 360 the ps3 versions would have looked better overall. The difference between the next gen and the current gen is that the ps4 is more powerful than the xbone AND it is easier to code for. 3rd party developers will be coding on ps4's and then porting to xbone for the most part. This means that the ps4 has a huge advantage over xbone in this console war.

Next is the matter of friends. Most of my friends were on the 360 which was one of the reasons I played most of my games on it, but now a lot are switching to ps3 and will be getting ps4's so I bought bf4 for the ps4(even though I am not buying microsoft's console this time around anyways)

Message 22 of 34 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 7, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

xbl>psn

xbox one>ps4

Are you high?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 23 of 34 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

fortune_exe wrote:

It seems to me that sony will be upgrading their network this time around. xbl won hands down last gen, but I have a feeling that the superior power of the ps4 combined with years of learning from past mistakes will allow sony to have the advantage this time around.

I saw a post about publishers "capping" games to make them look similar. This is a misconception. The reason multiplatform games never looked different was because developers developed their games on ms's system which was easier for them to code for. They then did a port over to the ps3 taking little time to optimize things. In reality if developers would have created games on sony's platform and then ported to 360 the ps3 versions would have looked better overall. The difference between the next gen and the current gen is that the ps4 is more powerful than the xbone AND it is easier to code for. 3rd party developers will be coding on ps4's and then porting to xbone for the most part. This means that the ps4 has a huge advantage over xbone in this console war.

Next is the matter of friends. Most of my friends were on the 360 which was one of the reasons I played most of my games on it, but now a lot are switching to ps3 and will be getting ps4's so I bought bf4 for the ps4(even though I am not buying microsoft's console this time around anyways)

They said the ps4 is said to be easier than the ps3 to code for, at least that is what I have heard.. I never have seen a comparison article, one or multiple comparing the xbox one and ps4 and stating the ps4 " is easier to code for "

I apperciate the 24 update thing I did not know that, and it isn't a big deal but I apperciate knowing.

@ fortune.. I see you created your profile very recently, may I ask if you have left microsoft recently and switched teams to sony because of microsofts recent swing in policies and this whole PR mess? This may in turn make you more biased then say a hard core dedicated ps player believe it or not. " more powerful " that is debatable until both consoles are released, the current specs indicate an even playing ground despite what you have heard, which is exciting for me because it will come down to what company is truly the best gaming console provider.

Not bashing the PS4 ( as i am paying 400 dollars for it eventually ), just wanted to add that.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 24 of 34 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Xbox is said to be the better online machine and more reliable but for the Xbox One and PS4 you cant really tell them apart based on there online connection no one has played online with either machines so its impossible to make a comparison on either one of them

Message 25 of 34 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Xbox One has dedicated servers, smart match (matches you based on your region, launguage, and skill level) a reputation system that matches you with people more like you (no racist 12 year olds if you aren't one) and gets bf4 dlc first if that's your thing.

Though Sony hasn't disclosed much of the ps4s online capabilities, it currently has none of the above. If you're going to pay for a service (ps4 online mp requires plus) I'd pay for the better one, which currently is Xbox live.
Message 26 of 34 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 7, 2013
I'm getting both systems also. Here's my general rule of thumb: X1 for online gaming, PS4 for exclusives.

PSN is garbage. You're better off sticking with XBL for your online gaming needs.
Message 27 of 34 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1786 posts

Jul 7, 2013

shotgunn_surgeon wrote:
I'm getting both systems also. Here's my general rule of thumb: X1 for online gaming, PS4 for exclusives.

PSN is garbage. You're better off sticking with XBL for your online gaming needs.

or for your peeping tom fantasy needs, who knows when the folks at the NSA or Microsoft is going to pop in VIA Kinect.

Message 28 of 34 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

G2theE91 wrote:

Pretty much the same thing online.  Would go with the xbox one version because of Sony's maintence which shuts online off for a day and this is something Microsoft doesn't do  and if you like to get the dlc which most people do with fps the xbox one has a timed exclusive dlc

Hopefully with ps+ needed to play ps4 online we won't see as many as these maintenance days.

Message 29 of 34 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Jul 7, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

xbl>psn

xbox one>ps4

I think you mean that PS+ is greater than Xbox Live, once it is mandatory on launch. 

Plus, PlayStation 4 is more powerful than the Xbox One. 

Message 30 of 34 (301 Views)
0 Likes