Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Re: Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4

Mar 25, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I'm scared that Battlefield is going the way of Call of Duty...

Bad Company 2 and BF3 both used identical color shemes for their box art on the standard edition, and the in-game stuff was basically the same. Unless you were pretty familiar with the 2 games, you wouldnt be able to tell a significant difference.

And now with this trailer thats using the same grey scale washed out bluish color palette with splashes of orange...I think they have given into the cash cow copy/paste method of game development. You could have told me this was a teaser for BF3 and I would have no evidence to deny or contradict it.

Underwhelming video with CG that could have been done on the Ps3 or any current gaming PC.

I'm done with FPS games anyway, until soldiers actually react to bullets realistically. "Oh you got shot in the leg 4 times by a .50 cal rifle? Let me shock your heart. Its laughable."

You can't tell DICE they know nothing about contrast.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 11 of 25 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Mar 25, 2013

It could definately be possible. I'm excited for the playstation 4.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Message 12 of 25 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Mar 25, 2013

They have to keep a level of realism while keeping a level of fun.........

Not evryone would enjoy 1 - 2 hit kills and or the other stuff you mention, remember its a game and they try there best to keep a balance of fun a realism, if its to realistic than it wont be fun and if its to fake/fun then it will lack realism...

Arma 2 is the closest fps to realism...

It took me a while but i finally did it! (Signature)
Message 13 of 25 (360 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

^^^^^^^ what he said, if everybody died after 1 or 2 rounds hitting them fpsers would be no fun at all. And to say fps is beating a dead horse ? I highly doubt that, they sell millions and millions of copies, maybe they are dead to some but not most. Companies would not keep making them if they were not widely popular.

Message 14 of 25 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 25, 2013

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

^^^^^^^ what he said, if everybody died after 1 or 2 rounds hitting them fpsers would be no fun at all. And to say fps is beating a dead horse ? I highly doubt that, they sell millions and millions of copies, maybe they are dead to some but not most. Companies would not keep making them if they were not widely popular.

I never said they weren't popular...I said they are copy/paste games...I havent seen anything new in a FPS since CoD implamented killstreaks, and battlefield introduced sandbox style play. Im not saying they arent fun...im saying im tired of buying a game in 2013, and not being able to see significant differences between my new purchase and a game I bought 6 years ago. THATs the problem...the other problem is, like you said people keep buying what is slowly becomming shovel-ware titles. Once a game company starts releasing a game a year in a single series...its time to move on, because that means they've figured out how to push mediocre products out the door for maximum profits.

Apparently it's not innovation people are after, its patronization with painfully-slow advances in graphical quality. We get a new shiny terd, every year...YAY

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 15 of 25 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Mar 25, 2013
they could take away aim assists on snipers...
Message 16 of 25 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Mar 26, 2013
As much as I love total realism, games of that nature wouldn't sell that we'll. I love Arma, but honestly, sells figures don't cut it close to CoD or BF. It's about money in this world and what makes the most. Total realistic games do not sell well.
Message 17 of 25 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Mar 26, 2013

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

Where did anyone get the idea that war was fun? But then I suppose all of our tastes are perverse. I'm sure sodding about in a nuclear wasteland or running from the authorities wouldn't be all that fun.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 18 of 25 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Mar 26, 2013
@dark are you alright? Nobody said war was fun. Not sure if you are paying attention, but this a video game forum and we're discussing a video game. We're not talking about real war. Wow.
Message 19 of 25 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1474 posts

Mar 26, 2013
@Setzaroth you should play hardcore. If that doesn't work consider Arma. I just want a solid, balanced game and prefer a higher TTK.

As far as BF4 on PS4, we only have to wait 2 more days for more information. I'm pretty pumped about it.
Message 20 of 25 (187 Views)
0 Likes