I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: Be honest, what is your primary use of the PS Vita?

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

I bought it to play games and that is exactly what it will do. If anything else get's used it is just because I happen to be on the Vita instead, I will probably never surf the web on it unless I am forced to.

I find it odd people do. Using phones or gaming systems to browse the net has to me been impractical. It takes so much time to just do that on those devices when I could easily get on my computer and find what I need in a matter of seconds without using some fancy fandagled touch screen keyboard and having to compensate for the lack of functionality of those browsers.

Message 11 of 46 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Nov 17, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

I bought it to play games and that is exactly what it will do. If anything else get's used it is just because I happen to be on the Vita instead, I will probably never surf the web on it unless I am forced to.

I find it odd people do. Using phones or gaming systems to browse the net has to me been impractical. It takes so much time to just do that on those devices when I could easily get on my computer and find what I need in a matter of seconds without using some fancy fandagled touch screen keyboard and having to compensate for the lack of functionality of those browsers.

I totally agree, most of the time when i want to surf the web, theres a computer around somewhere, which is more practical (for me at least).

Message 12 of 46 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Nov 17, 2012

What a moronic thread, vita is mainly a game machine and thats obviously what most people will spend their time on it doing.

Message 13 of 46 (214 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8193 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I primarily use my Vita for games. Mostly LBP at the moment.

My Samsung Galaxy Q (unrelated to the S-series) and it has unlimited Data, and serves as a tether point so I can browse with my Vita. A vita has a better browser than my galaxy, I have found. That said however, the Vita's mostly for games while comms are handled by the phone. A real physical keyboard is way more accurate than the vita's touch keyboard.
Message 14 of 46 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

What a moronic thread, vita is mainly a game machine and thats obviously what most people will spend their time on it doing.

If I had a nickel for everytime this guy degrades someones intelligence, I would have enough money to buy another Vita.

Message 15 of 46 (189 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

Nov 17, 2012

i bought my vita to play games and thats exactly what i've been doing, Little Big Planet is amazing, i think my next purchases will be Ragnarok Odyssey and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale!!! 

Message 16 of 46 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Nov 17, 2012
i have a nexus 7, a ps3, galaxy 3, so yeah i use my vita for games. dont play android games.

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 17 of 46 (169 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I use my Vita mainly to watch Netflix, honestly.

Sure, I play games a lot too, but the total time I've spent on Netflix on my Vita vs time I've spent on games is much greater.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 46 (168 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Playing games. Mostly Call of Duty: Declassified and Silent Hill: BoM at the moment.

I've only watched one Netflix movie on it, I mainly use Netflix on my PS3. Hardly ever browse the net on it.
Message 19 of 46 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I use my Vita to play games. I'm no good with JUST touch controls.

I have an SmartPhone that does the rest.

(And a clunky tablet I never use.)

Whats been said, its the "You CAN, but WHY would you want to?" type of conversation that can be draged into here.

You CAN have a web browser in your Vita with Full HTML 5 capabilities, but WHY would you want to if you already have a smartphone that can do it for you, or your in arms reach of a personal computer?

Message 20 of 46 (155 Views)
0 Likes