Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 07 2013
By: Oo_3luegroove_oO First Son 19 posts

Begining of the end for Vita???> NVIDIA Untethers Gaming with Project SHIELD

62 replies 700 views Edited Jan 7, 2013

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-project-shield

Sony is taking too **bleep** long in pushing Vita......

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 63 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2482 posts

Re: Begining of the end for Vita???> NVIDIA Untethers Gaming with Project SHIELD

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

I don't think this will affect the PSV much (in either direction), this is like a portable gaming PC + Android games. Console experiences are still very much exclusive to consoles; there are no Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy, Bravely Default, Valkyria Chronicles, Monster Hunter, Uncharted etc, etc. on PCs~.

Problem is, most of the above mentioned franchises aren't on Sony's handheld either. If anything, I hope this pushes Sony to step up their game though~.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 63 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Re: Begining of the end for Vita???> NVIDIA Untethers Gaming with Project SHIELD

Jan 7, 2013

Lets see how long these portable consoles last. As long as we all keep supporting the Vita, we have nothing to worry about.

And i'm not a fanboy, i had the Nintendo 64 once before switching back to Sony.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 63 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
687 posts

Jan 7, 2013

i dont think this will affect the Vita really... I mean it is mostly for remote PC play and Android gaming.  Remote PC only works on the same Wi-Fi Network, so you couldn't take this device anywhere and play your PC games on the go... It's more like "I have to take a poop and I want to continue playing my PC games. Oh, look, I can do that now."

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 63 (677 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6992 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

I would be surprise if that ugly thing sells 10,000 units lol and how the heck is it competing with the vita again? 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 63 (667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Beginning of the end for Vita???> NVIDIA Untethers Gaming with Project SHIELD

Jan 7, 2013

I agree, also I think Sony is gonna stay quiet until Nintendo and Xbox show what they got coming up and then release some big title's with a price drop considering 2013 is the last year for the Xbox 360 with 2014 being the release of the Xbox 720/Durango. I know that 4 million Vita owners is enough to have a lasting effect on the handheld market and Sony is well known for incorporating technological advancements into its next moves. I think PS4 will be built with the Vita as a large part of it's gaming interface and it will stand strong such as the PSP did, it will just be a slower rise to power such as the Tortoise and the Hare.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 63 (662 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Beginning of the end for Vita???> NVIDIA Untethers Gaming with Project SHIELD

Jan 7, 2013

http://www.facebook.com/groups/SONYPSVITAcommunity/  feel free to join us if you would like.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 63 (657 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2482 posts

Jan 7, 2013

DarkChunkwin wrote:

I agree, also I think Sony is gonna stay quiet until Nintendo and Xbox show what they got coming up and then release some big title's with a price drop considering 2013 is the last year for the Xbox 360 with 2014 being the release of the Xbox 720/Durango. I know that 4 million Vita owners is enough to have a lasting effect on the handheld market and Sony is well known for incorporating technological advancements into its next moves. I think PS4 will be built with the Vita as a large part of it's gaming interface and it will stand strong such as the PSP did, it will just be a slower rise to power such as the Tortoise and the Hare.

4 Million PSVs is actually a very minimal number that won't attract third party support, I really hope things improve soon~.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 63 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

remanutd5 wrote:

I would be surprise if that ugly thing sells 10,000 units lol and how the heck is it competing with the vita again? 

Did you watch the video?

It might be superior to the Vita.

- The screen resolution is higher.

- The screen sits higher than the controller, and it can be set to any angle you want.

- They claim it has an excellent processor.

- Since it's an Android platform, it may attract more developers, so there should be more games.

- The controller should fit in your hands better.

- The batteries are the generic AA batteries.

- It has an HDMI port.

The Vita will have a more serious competitor than the Nintendo.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 63 (613 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6992 posts

Jan 7, 2013

grounded_pilot wrote:

remanutd5 wrote:

Did you watch the video?

It might be superior to the Vita.

- The screen resolution is higher.

- The screen sits higher than the controller, and it can be set to any angle you want.

- They claim it has an excellent processor.

- Since it's an Android platform, it may attract more developers, so there should be more games.

- The controller should fit in your hands better.

- The batteries are the generic AA batteries.

- It has an HDMI port.

The Vita will have a more serious competitor than the Nintendo.

just like onuya or whaever the name of the android console is, it has failed written all over it, who the heck is gonna carry that bulky thing to play android games? Lets talk about it in a year or two after release date, shall we? 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 63 (590 Views)