Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Re: Begining of the end for Vita???> NVIDIA Untethers Gaming with Project SHIELD

Jan 8, 2013
Honestly that was a great post by Trukz. Giving solid reasons for.why the shield can be better. I agree with it all.

I never play my Vita away from the dorm, so portability is no issue. I also am impressed by the implementation of a "full" controller. The screen does not matter to me. But price does play a role in me purchasing one.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 63 (157 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Re: Begining of the end for Vita???> NVIDIA Untethers Gaming with Project SHIELD

Jan 8, 2013

If they develop this thing with a full functional browser and apps that that work 100% like the droid systems do. Then makes it play quality games all at the developing speed that they did there other devices instead of the slow motion speed of sony. Yes it could pass the vita at the speed of light if sony does not quit holding there developing team back. Droid does not hold back. That is why there devices are on top now. It has been almost a year now and not much on the vita works 100%. I like mine but the truth is the truth. I agree about portability. When I take my vita with me it is in a case that you carry. It does not fit in you pocket. You would brake the knobs off if you did.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 63 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for the appreciation.

I really doubt Sony has no plans to counter this. 

Like the news says, Shield is slated for Q2. 

Sony could have several announcements by then (drop to $ 199.99 MSRP anyone?).

I know; lot's of "IFs" (pricing of the shield, reveals of any new compelling Sony strategy, etc.).

I just hope there's enough to keep the VITA afloat before the system gets any "real" system sellers.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 63 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 8, 2013
It's definitely your typical android device that gets those cheap android games.. but it can be very problematic in terms of control and comfort for touch based only games because the screen doesn't seem to be detachable.
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 63 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Jan 8, 2013

And all greedy Sony has to do is allow Android as an OtherOS/Dual Boot on PSV and this new gadget would be DOA out of the gate. But no, they always have to do their own silly things so they can milk us for every cent.

I hope NVIDIA slays the Vita and teaches Sony the wisdom of accepting popular formats vice making their own.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 63 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 8, 2013

There is a market for this thing Nvida is making, but its a very small market that doesn't overlap much with the Vita's market. No offense, but the people who buy these tiny portable computers are pretty much all basement dwellers who will spend most of their time trying to figure out how to get it to run Linux, they are the market for things like this.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 63 (95 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jan 8, 2013
I don't see this device really competing with the Vita. Sony has always made it clear that their primary market for the Vita is PS3 (and, down the road, PS4) owners and the Vita is intended to be part of a broader Playstation "gaming ecosystem" in which your home console and the portable platform are complementary.

The Vita will succeed or fail on its own merits - and I think we won't really have a good idea of the device's future until the PS4 is unveiled and we understand exactly how it and the Vita will co-exist.

The "Project Shield" may be wildly successful in its own right, but just I don't see it stealing market share away from the Vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 63 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I saw a couple of videos and i'm pretty impressed. But I just don't see this as a threat to the Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 63 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

As it is it is not a threat. But as fast as they developed there phones and tablets and as slow as sony is developing the vita in 6 months to a year they could pass the vita in quality of browser and apps which is what a lot of people are looking for. They all ready have low grade games that can be played that people are already playing and if they put what people ask for which they are good at doing and sony is not at present, people will buy. Enough sells and game companys will be looking to them to make games for. We have to remember that they are very good at catering to customers. They have put smartphones and tablets in every household in a very short time.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 63 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Nice...but I wont buy it.My next gaming console is going to be a 28-32 FT fishing-diving boat :smileyhappy:))))

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 63 (44 Views)